Looking at options in New Orleans over Labor Day weekend, I booked this hotel because of its good value, about $100 per night. I was very pleasantly surprised. First, let me get the minor negatives out of the way. Free parking is tricky; I wound up on the street 1.5 blocks away. You might just want to pay. And check-in service was slow, though check-out was fine. Also, this hotel is near Mother's eatery, the casino, and Superdome, so if you're trying to stumble back after a night at the French quarter, it's a long stumble.
That said, there are a lot of excellent things about this hotel. Room quality is high, including the beds and heating units. Even though I was on the street side, the room was quiet. Internet is free. The suite concept includes fridge, burners, and microwave. There's provided popcorn. There's morning breakfast, which has better than average variety for a free offering.
I have no hesitation recommending this place as a basis for all of New Orleans, not just the party places. It also was a good first experience with the brand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dear Valued Guest, Welcome to the New Orleans Staybridge Suites, where we're more than just your typical New Orleans Hotel! The goal of our team is to make you feel like you're staying with family while in New Orleans. Whether you're here for business or pleasure, your comfort is our top priority. So, get comfortable in one of our spacious studio, one or two bedroom suites! Then, come and join our family for our complimentary, full American breakfast buffet, featuring both hot and cold items. We also invite you to take advantage of our laundry facilities, fitness center, wifi internet access and 24 hour business center, all offered at no additional cost. At the end of your day, join our family for our famous Sundowner Reception. Our reception, which is offered to all our guests Tuesday through Thursday on a complimentary basis, includes beer, wine, soft drinks and a light meal. Due to our perfect location, the New Orleans Staybridge Suites is considered to be both a French Quarter Hotel as well as a Downtown New Orleans Hotel. No need to rent a car while here because our upscale, all suites hotel is located across the street from Harrah's Casino, blocks from the French Quarter and within walking distance to many restaurants and attractions, including Riverwalk, Convention Center and the Superdome, home to the New Orleans Saints. So sit back, relax and enjoy all the comforts of home!Sincerely,Your New Orleans Staybridge Suites Family ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, HotelPower, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Staybridge Suites New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Staybridge Suites