“Great fully equipped apartment”

Staybridge Suites New Orleans
Ranked #68 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
perth
“Great fully equipped apartment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Great value for money if booked some time ahead of visit.
Staff is lovely particularly Monique on front desk. Nothing is too much trouble.
Apartment is spacious with stove and good sized fridge. Bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was a reasonable buffet style and adequate. If you happen to stay on certain days of the week (I think Tuesday to Thursday) there is also a simple dinner provided which is a good money saver.
Location is fairly good and just outside of the French Quarter and Bourbon Street but very walkable.
Thoroughly recommend and would definitely return.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank octobergirl1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Polish first
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

I had a reservation issue and reservation dept advised they could not assist me i was transfered to front desk and i spoke with Monique she asked me to forward a copy of my reservation to her and she would get it to her manager and someone would call me back and that is exactly what happened... manager Ronnell WIlliams called me and explained what happened apologized for mix up and assured me that everything was fixed and also sent me a new reservation with everything corrected i was very pleased with the prompt customer service received from front desk and manager Mr. Williams.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Hot Springs, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

We spent 4 night here and was very happy with our visit. Check in/out was fast and the front desk staff were helpful and friendly. Our only complaint was how tight everything felt. Parking garage was tight getting in and out off. Halls felt small also but nothing that dampened our stay. We'll be back again on our next visit

• Stayed December 2013
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

We were given a handicap access room which was a bit bigger but also backward due to higher than normal toilet and show stall that was even with the main bathroom floor so when we showered, water ran everywhere. Also, the bathroom had no ventillatio or fan and smelled for our entire stay. Maid service was supposed to be light each day but no one came for 2 days until we called for fresh towels. Breakfast was O.K. and the same each day. Location was great as it was in a quiet neighbourhood but 5 minute walk to the French Quarter.

IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Gaby A,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us feedback. I am glad you liked our convenient location. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m sorry you were not fully satisfied with the accommodations and service received. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

Nothing went right this trip, the check in was slow, room was filthy and dusty, checkout process was ok, not a full service hotel never do that again. Did happen to talk to a housekeeping supervisor Lisa was not concern with my problem had an attitude and showed no sympathy.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Hotelreviewer2013
Dave M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Hotelreviewer 2013,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review on our property. I am very concerned about your stay and apologize for falling below your expectations. I will council with Lisa to see if I can get details about your specific items of concern. Typically our cleanliness and people are reviewed very highly. I would invite you to contact me personally at dmock@staybridgeneworleans.com if you would like to share any details so that I may make sure to correct any internal issues that caused your stay to be below expectations.

Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

This accommodation is across the road from the W and a 10 minute walk to the Convention Center is a convenient conference destination. It is pretty close to Canal St and the French quarter as well so I imagine would be reasonable for a true tourism visit.

The rooms are huge and comfortable with kitchenette, HD TV and an adequate bathroom The bed was very comfortable and the pillows (the usual sticking point in this kind of place) were comfortable and supportive.

If you expect daily full room service, don't come here. There is a "light service" daily Monday to Friday only so if you arrive on a Friday, your room will not be touched until the following Monday. Be prepared. If you stay longer than a week, your room will have a full clean weekly.

There is an onsite available gym (which I did not see) and a small outdoor pool (which I did not use for a variety of reasons, not least of which was the ambient temperature in December 2013). There is also a laundry on site so long stays would be easily supported.

The breakfast and wireless (reasonably fast) internet are free and the breakfast is quite reasonable with my favourite American inclusion, a waffle maker!

There is a small convenience store in the lobby ("The Pantry") open all day and night so one is never at a loss for a snack or a soft drink.

Recommended for conference visits and vacation stays for singles, couples and families.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Transplanter
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Below is a letter I sent to Shana Hickerson about Staybridge Suites.

> Dear Ms. Shana Hickerson,
> We stayed in your hotel and we just wanted to tell you how delighted we
> were with your staff. We arrived December 1, 2012 for a cruise the next day
> and Britanny at front desk was so very helpful with checking us in and,
> since it is our first time to be in your wonderful city, New Orleans, she
> pointed to us restaurants to go to (like the restaurant across the street)
> and points of interests and places to avoid. The next day, the concierge
> stop by our breakfast table to help us some more with what we can do for
> the rest of the day since our ship will not be leaving till late PM.
> Unfortunately, one of my mom's brand new transport wheelchair's wheel got
> broken in the uneven sidewalk of Bourbon Street. However, Ryan of your
> maintenance department fixed it by drilling holes and secured it with nuts
> and bolts and refused to accept any token of monetary compensation for his
> effort!! Imagine that!!
> Ms Hickerson, in the hospitality business you always hear from us, the
> clients when we have complains and seldom do you hear from us when you or
> your staff do it right. Well, you are hearing from me about how your staff
> are doing it right and I will not hesitate to come back again or recommend
> your hotel to my friends or families. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family