Staybridge Suites New Orleans
Hotel Monteleone(New Orleans)
$289
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$238
$199
  • Breakfast included
The Whitney Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$229
  • Breakfast included
New Orleans Marriott(New Orleans)
Marriott Hotels
$432
$404
$332
$289
$269
Good 3.5/5
  • Fitness center
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$320
$191
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$260
Omni Hotels
$339
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssocial hourfree laundrylight housekeepingfull kitchenfrench quartermothers restauranttwo bedroom suitewithin walking distancefree dinnerconvention centersmall kitchenice makerharrah's casinothe breakfast areaevening receptionfront desk staffbourbon street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I just got back from a Bachelorette Party and we chose to stay at this hotel because it was the only hotel we could find that was decently priced with a room big enough to fit our group of girls. We stayed in the two bedroom suite where there are 4 beds total but can sleep 9 (the couch in the living room was also a pull out). The room size was perfect for all of us, we were even happy about having a bathroom in both bedrooms. It could definitely use some updating but to be honest.... we really were never in the room, only to sleep... so it didn't matter at all. Everything was good other than the fact that they DO NOT CLEAN YOUR ROOM until you leave! How ridiculous is that! That's one of the best things about staying in a hotel, they make your bed and bring you fresh towels every day... well not this place. Their policy is that you have to be there for AT LEAST 7 days. I even called to request cleaning and they said no. Very disappointing. Other than that, this hotel is in a great location, it is in walking distance to all of the night life and literally a block away from the best casino ever... Harrah's! We had a fantastic weekend and if I went with a large group again I would definitely choose this place... but if I was going on a romantic getaway, I would choose a nicer hotel :)

Room Tip: Choose a high floor to see the city!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Emily A
Dave M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Emily A,

Thank you for your response about your great weekend in New Orleans at the Staybridge New Orleans. Your choice of a two bedroom suite was perfect for housing a group of ladies here for a fun weekend. I am greatly concerned that you asked for housekeeping service and were told "No". Please allow me to personally apologize for this unacceptable response. Also, please allow me to explain that we are an extended stay hotel that provides light service for guest during the week and on the weekends we do not enter the guest suites on the weekend as to not disturb our guests. However, as noted in each guest suite bathroom and should be explained at check in if you request service on the weekend our housekeeping department is available.

I hope you are looking forward to your next trip to New Orleans and hope that if you have another girls trip in mind or even that romantic getaway you mentioned that you give the Staybridge New Orleans a chance to impress you. I would be certain to make sure you get Housekeeping service and a suite size that will definitly accomodate your romantic plans.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Location to the warehouse district and French Quarter is a plus. No need to have a car. Our room needed a good deep cleaning. Dirty carpet and drapes. House keeping is limited but they tell you that upfront. However, on the day we were to receive a "light cleaning", House Keeping never showed up. After 2 calls, they appeared at our room. the clean towels were placed on top of the dirty towels and left the dirty ones. The Breakfast Buffet is lacking. Due to this we only ate breakfast at the hotel 2 out of the 4 mornings during our stay.

Our room had a mini kitchen. That's a feature that might be a plus for some individuals.

Room Tip: The food in New Orleans is so good. Selecting a hotel that includes breakfast is not that important.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sue R

Sue R,

Thank you for taking the time to respond about your stay with us. I appreciate your comments about our location and convenience of our kitchens. I was disappointed to hear about the condition of your room. We have an aggressive programs in Housekeeping and Engineering to deep clean and perform preventative maintenance. I assure you that I will do my research, find which room you were in and get our team working on that room. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

I hope that you will return to New Orleans soon and give us a chance to wow you with our service and product as we constantly work to improve our hotel for our guests.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

This was my first experience at a Staybridge property and it was a great one. I have to say the hotel itself was as expected (average) in many ways but the staff went out of their way to make everyone feel welcome. Although i was only there for one night both the front desk staff and the manager called me by name each time I went through.

The location is a bit of a walk to the French Quarter but great if you're heading to the casino.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for our son's wedding. We had some special requests and each one was met. Living in the area, I was very happy with the service we received. I hope all guests can come away with a pleasant experience. Cortina was my girl!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Weetums46
Reviewed November 7, 2013

First off, I would like to say we enjoyed our stay in New Orleans very much, and for the most part liked the hotel. This hotel is conveniently located close to the Quarter, Harrah’s and the Riverwalk; all within walking distance. Unless you are planning to venture out of the city, I don’t think renting a car is necessary, as parking is at a premium and parking lots cost $30.00 per day.

We had a Studio on the top floor (18th), which was pretty spacious with a nice sized sofa, and a kitchenette with full amenities (microwave, full refrigerator, two burner stove, dishwasher, etc.) The room was clean, and we had a nice view of the city. This is not a full service hotel with full daily maid service; during our 4 night stay, they did a light housekeeping on Friday, and they did not come in at all during the weekend. This was not a problem for us; we are pretty low maintenance.

The only complaint we had, was of the bed. It felt as if we were sleeping on the cobblestone sidewalk! We would wake up in the morning our bones aching, stiff as a board! Generally, we don’t complain about the bed quality, but if you book a hotel just to sleep (like we did), then the bed is kind of important.

Other than the beds, we have no complaints. The front desk staff was extremely nice. The breakfast buffet looked tempting with some hot varieties; eggs, sausage, large waffles and cut up fresh fruit; the coffee was good too! Tuesday through Thursday, the hotel hosts a Social Reception in the late afternoon, with food and drinks (beer, wine and soda). I thought this was a nice touch. We did not participate during our stay, but I remember they had a build your own taco station on the night we checked in.

I would recommend this hotel, especially if you are planning to be in New Orleans for several days. I am hoping our bed situation was the exception and not the norm, because we plan to come back some day.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vamonos-LetsGo
Dave M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Vamonos-LetsGo ,

Thank you very much for your detailed review. I apologize for the quality of the bed you had in your suite. I am interested in finding out which suite you were in so I am going to the 11 suites on that floor and find that bed and have it changed as soon as possible. It is information like this that allows me to make fast corrections. You said a lot about all the other things that you liked about our product, people and service and I will be sharing your comments with our staff. We look forward to you coming back Home to the Staybridge New Orelans very soon!!!