New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Staybridge Suites New Orleans

Staybridge Suites New Orleans
Ranked #59 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Lots of room for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We read lots of reviews about small hotel rooms with thin walls throughout NOLA. I wanted something that was on a higher floor so we wouldn't have to deal with traffic noise. This was perfect for that. We were on the 11th floor and I swear we had the whole floor to ourselves the first night. I didn't even hear anyone until the following morning and then discovered there was a large family with kids right across the hallway. The evening reception was crowded and breakfast was the same both days. I set my coffee cup on the counter to go get some food and when I came back, someone was sitting on my seat and had moved my cup. We arrived back at the hotel about 6:00 the second night and noticed everything was gone already. This was the middle of the week, so I can't imagine how busy it gets on weekends here. The front desk people were very friendly and courteous. There were a few housekeeping issues with the room, such as marks or splatters that hadn't been cleaned from the walls and floors. Something had spilled and hardened on the carpet and I was able to scrape it off with my shoe, so it wouldn't have taken much effort to vacuum it off. They cleaned the bathroom and left clean towels the second day, but didn't make the beds. I liked having all the space and there was some upgrading to the room. It was nice to have an ice maker in the frig and a full kitchen. Plus we took advantage of the free laundry. It was convenient and free, but a bit of a cleanliness issue there also. It was be a good idea to wipe down the inside and outside of the machines about once a week. For the price, it was a good value, especially if you're traveling with a family. Next time, I would probably opt for a basic king room since we didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor. There are 15 floors in the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dave M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Ladytrvlr55,

Thank you sooooooo much for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience at the Staybridge New Orleans. Our hotel has a great location being convenient to all attactions in New Orleans and French Quarter. Our Food offerings in the morning and 3 nights a week are extremely popular and do attract a crowd. The volume of guest that choose to participate is very high and we offer a local dish to highlight our New Orleans Flair twice a month to keep our guest coming back.

I was disappointed to see that the level of housekeeping was far below our standard level of service. I would like to offer you a very sincere and personal apology. I will get personally involved to make sure this is corrected and does not happen again.

With my assurance of improved housekeeping service I certainly hope the next time you make plans to come to New Orleans that you choose the Staybridge Suites New Orleans. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed at the Staybridge Suites NOLA during the May 17th weekend for 2 nights and we were really impressed by the cleanliness, the friendliness, the food, the suites and the hospitality of the employees. It's a short walk to the French Quarter, right across from Mother's restaurant and a block or two from Harrah's. The breakfast was plentiful and the pool was clean, I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dave M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear HoustonNiki,

It has been about a month and a half now so it is time to come back with another girls trip. I apologize for my delay in responding to your comments. Your comments were shared among our leadership team and several associate departmental meetings last month. I certainly hope that our hotel is on your list again for a family getaway or relaxing girls trip soon. We are working to make the things you enjoyed about the Staybridge New Orleans just a little better. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Last minute weekend trip to N.O for two. Hotel was busy at checking but two front desk staff members were still extra friendly. Think front desk guys name was Jeff who even pulled out a map to suggest some great local eats (like Lucy's for burgers). Close to and Casino so a little walk to Burbon Street (about 4 blocks) but do easy walk. Was upgraded to a suite at check-in and room came with bed, sofa, full fridge extra clean. Bed was extra comfortable only issue was came down to breakfast an hour before close and they were already out of lots of things like grits and hashbrowns and need an extra waffle maker because the line was extra long for waffles. Breakfast area was nice and clean but need to cook more if that much time left for breakfast ending also pool area small. Great price, friendly service, clean rooms so now has moved to one of my top hotel choices in New Orleans.

• Stayed June 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the last 2 months. The rooms are very clean and spacious. The beds are comfortable and it was very quite. It's close enough to the Quarter and the museums are only a few blocks away. The complimentary breakfast was good and well stocked. The front desk was courteous and the breakfast staff was very helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lafayette
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Myself in the kids road to NOLA for a night and since I have the room reserved for a future event I decided we would spend the night to see how it was. Room was great size. Clean. Only issue I had was sleeper sofa didn't have the mattress on it . When I told the staff about the mattress they were very apologetic and took care of it. The staff was excellent Brittany and Monique were their names great ladies. I will be back in July. No need to pay high end prices for the same service and free breakfast!!!

Room Tip: Corner suites nice.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

The rooms here are actually pretty large and the location is perfect. You don't want to spend too much time in your room, anyway, but these rooms are nice enough. The only issue we had was with temperature control.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Rochford, Essex, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Whilst this is aimed at the extended stay market i was only in town for 3 nights. As long as you know what the service offering of the brand is this is a good hotel for even a short stay. Free breakfast and in room kitchen along with free laundry all big plus points. Within walking distance of Riverfront, French Quarter, Casino, Street cars and many places to eat. Only minor quibbles were there was only 1 lift working - not great when you are on 16th floor and most TV channels are analouge not digital or HD.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo