We stayed for a week, and felt at home straight away. The staff are so friendly that it's hard to believe it's not family-run. Public areas, dining room and our room were all perfectly clean and in good decorative order, and breakfast/meals were fine (even the machine coffee is decent). As others have noted, the evening events of snacks and beer/wine etc are not just a bag of crisps plus one beer, but as much as you want (the staff will even top you up without asking!).
Staff are very helpful fixing up trips around the city and beyond - indeed, perhaps the best thing about the place is its location: away from the noise and bustle of Canal St and the French Quarter, but close enough to be convenient for walking, and with some good eating places nearby.
Gripes are minor: our room (No. 1000) was a little noisy because of neighbours (note to manager: the door separating it off from the next room needs attention - way too big a gap beneath it), the bed was too soft, and sloping. Also, one of the two lifts was out of order, but the manager did his best to help on this and it's probably fixed by now.
We'd definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dear Valued Guest, Welcome to the New Orleans Staybridge Suites, where we're more than just your typical New Orleans Hotel! The goal of our team is to make you feel like you're staying with family while in New Orleans. Whether you're here for business or pleasure, your comfort is our top priority. So, get comfortable in one of our spacious studio, one or two bedroom suites! Then, come and join our family for our complimentary, full American breakfast buffet, featuring both hot and cold items. We also invite you to take advantage of our laundry facilities, fitness center, wifi internet access and 24 hour business center, all offered at no additional cost. At the end of your day, join our family for our famous Sundowner Reception. Our reception, which is offered to all our guests Tuesday through Thursday on a complimentary basis, includes beer, wine, soft drinks and a light meal. Due to our perfect location, the New Orleans Staybridge Suites is considered to be both a French Quarter Hotel as well as a Downtown New Orleans Hotel. No need to rent a car while here because our upscale, all suites hotel is located across the street from Harrah's Casino, blocks from the French Quarter and within walking distance to many restaurants and attractions, including Riverwalk, Convention Center and the Superdome, home to the New Orleans Saints. So sit back, relax and enjoy all the comforts of home!Sincerely,Your New Orleans Staybridge Suites Family ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Staybridge Suites New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Staybridge Suites