Staybridge Suites New Orleans
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Old No. 77 Hotel & Chandlery(New Orleans)
  • Pool
Hotel de L'Eau Vive(New Orleans)
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
All reviewssocial hourfree laundrylight housekeepingfull kitchenfrench quartermothers restauranttwo bedroom suitewithin walking distancefree dinnerconvention centersmall kitchenice makerharrah's casinothe breakfast areaevening receptionfront desk staffbourbon street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We had originally booked for a week long stay here but moved out after two days.

To be fair, it wasn't entirely the hotel's fault but there were a number of unfortunate instances that contributed to our decision to abandon ship.

We arrived late (around 11pm) and were greeted by a friendly young man who thanked me for being a Priority Club member and offered us information on our booking and gave us the menu of a 24 hour restaurant nearby where we could eat as the hotel restaurant was closed.

Unfortunately he didn't inform us that there was going to be maintenance in the hotel, starting in the morning and going on throughout the week.

We were awoken rather early by a German family and their three kids screaming obscenities at each other down the halls. The walls are quite thin in the rooms and the doors offer no sound-proofing at all so you can hear every conversation in the hallway.

Then the jack-hammers started in what sounded like the room next door, but was told it was actually the elevator shaft. I called down to reception who said that we should have received a letter under our door, informing us of the maintenance (which we didn't) and when I asked if we could be shifted, the phone cut off (maybe not deliberate, but in the mood I was now in, not good).

Finally when we packed up and went downstairs in the afternoon, I informed the girl on the front desk that we would be leaving in the morning. She was very apologetic and thanked us for our stay so far (her name was Brittany and was by far the most professional staff member we encountered, a real asset to the team).

The jack hammers started again on cue in the morning so we quickly got our bags and checked out without any issue.

The rooms were clean, beds were comfy and the location is handy to Canal St, the French Quarter and Harrahs casino. The walls are quite thin and the doors offer no sound proofing. If you don't mind sleeping with earplugs, you'll have a pleasant stay for sure.

Overall the staff were nice and as long as there was no maintenance, they offer good value for the location.

The rooms are older with worn carpet and older furniture, but the TV had cable and a channel listing card (which is one of the smartest things any hotel can provide, particularly if you're from another country).

Room Tip: Ask if you can have a room away from the lift shaft
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nowfindadam
Dave M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Adam M,

Thank you for sharing your experience. As the General Manager I certainly wish your experience would have been much different. I am very familiar with the 3 days of installation of safety equipment on the roof that required core drilling. I apologize for this kind of work having to be performed durng your stay especially after having a late arrival with your family. I am encouraged that the staff members your experienced were professional. Our hotel is typically a quiet home away from home and I regret that I did not acheive this during your stay. I thank you for the positive comments about our hotel and if there is any chance you return from New Zealand I would like the opportunity to make it up to you and your family. If there is a chance please call the hotel directly (504-571-1818) and ask for me personally.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I reviewed this hotel early in my stay in April. I wish to add the following: the staff was very helpful, especially Toya, who worked in the breakfast/happy hour area. She anticipated needs. The food in the breakfast area did vary and frankly, there was something for everyone. Make your own waffles, an egg dish, ham/sausage, cereals, various types of breads. I probably would not stay here again simply because I would want to try out different hotels. In this category, the prices are similar, especially at festival time.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor, the traffic can be noisy. At floor 15, I still was awakened by a loud motorcycle in the middle of the night. Ask for a room that does not face an office building!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Mary Lou S,

Thank you for adding your experience with Toya. I look forward to seeing her and getting a dose of her positive energy along with that Million Dollar $mile. I will most definitely share your comments with her and her team. I invite you to shop around upon your next trip to New Orleans but I have to warn you that I meet with my Director of Sales daily to make sure we are priced competitively over special weekends and festivals. Toya and I would love for you to return to the Staybridge New Orelans very soon.

Thank you for your time to respond.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

If your looking to be in the middle of all the hub-bub in downtown NOLO,then this is not the place for you. The hotel is just a few blocks away from the French Quarters(walking distance or streetcar) but at night the Quiet is deafening and appreciated. The staff was over accommidating and we did not want for anything. We enjoyed the kitchen staff's pleasantness and noted their hard work at keeping everyones needs and wants satisfied. We have stayed at this and other Staybridges and would call our experiences as over average,especially for the price and locations. We have and would recommend this hotel to our friends and will be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Dave M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Douglas B,

Thank you for you comments about our hotel and kind words about our staff. Your description of our location is in tune with how I describe our location to potential clients. We are close enough to and far enough away from everything in New Orleans. I have shared your comments with our associates and thank you for your help in keeping them motivated to provide "over accomodating" service.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have phoned 3 times, left messages and even emailed them about an item accidentally left behind in our room 2 weeks ago but nobody has gotten back to me yet.
They obviously don't care what you think once you check out! Not impressed!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dawn L

Dear Dawn L,

We most certainly care about you after you depart the hotel. I discussed this posting in our past Leadership meeting and no one had recollection of an email or voicemail. We did discover a challenge with our commuinications system late last week that we resolved by resetting the entire sytem but that only took 10 minutes to correct. Nevertheless, I would like you to call and ask for the Assistant General Manager and I assure you that you will be in caring hands to help assist in any items you may have left upon departure.

Very Sincerely,

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

This was our first time ever staying in a staybridge suite, and I must say it won't be the last. The rooms are large and spacious; ours had a king bed, sofa with coffee table, desk space, small kitchen with fridge, two burner stove, dishwasher & microwave.
A welcome pack has tea, coffee, salt, pepper, sugar & popcorn to get you started - a nice touch.
There are three laundry rooms - machines are free to use. Detergents and miscellaneous items are available from hotel 'pantry store'.

The hotel is across the road from Mothers restaurant - famous for its baked ham (expect to see long lines in the morning and for dinner). If you go for late brunch you won't have to wait.

It's also walking distance to the ww2 museum, trolley lines, mall, bourbon street. Ideal location!

• Stayed: April 2013
Dave M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Lee W,

WOW!!! You said everything I say to seel the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and vision of our hotel. When you come back to New Orleans all the way from Melbourne I will give you a couple more secret places to go if there is a line at Mother's. Mother's is an institution and hard to beat but I have a few secrets I am willing to share with you. I will share your comments with our leadership staff and team in our next meeting.