We prepaid for our two King Suite rooms for three days each over 8 months and 2 weeks ahead of time to guarantee our post cruise stay. Well $800 for 8 months and there were no rooms on arrival and no apologies from Bridget the desk clerk at Staybridge. Overbooked and computer error were two different excuses. Should it not have been determined by prepayment and time of booking? Yes these were confirmed rooms! They claimed to have called us. I was on the cruise that day, the 28th of Feb. 2013. Our booking was for March 3-6, 2013. My phone had no messages on the return to dock. Huh, a three day notice. Where is the interest on my payment? They did refund the rooms. First only 1 and then I sent my husband back for the second receipt of credit. They told us to Comfort Suites 40 miles away and there would be a room for us. They would pay the first night. I asked what type of accommodations this would be and she had no idea and couldn't say. Then I asked what the price was of the remaining days and she could not tell me. Being furious I tried to remain somewhat civil and asked for directions. She said "Don't you have GPS?" WHAT!!! I hadn't even been given the address yet. I spoke with Priceline using the customer service number on the confirmation and after a short wait I spoke with Beth who turned me over to her supervisor under the circumstances. Yvette the Rep. could not believe they did this and there were no notices to Priceline under this hotel. She spoke with Bridget after being hung up on several times and got no farther than what I told her about. She tried to find me closer rooms but could not unless it was one with bad ratings. I found Priceline friendly and helpful and easy to reach. Once we finally got to the Comfort Suites in Slidell I went to check in and there was no room under our name and they were full. Expletives here. The girl at the desk was apologetic but 17 other rooms were held for Staybridge guests that also had canceled reservations. I called up Bridget at Staybridge and reported that they did not have the rooms she sent us to. She said "Yes they do! I'll call them." and hung up on me. A few minutes later she spoke with the girl at Comfort Suites and told her to do an exchange for a man's name under 2 double bed reservations and give us that and she would take his. I am assuming he was probably part of the conference in New Orleans and he got preference. Or was it the discounted rate I paid for under the prepayment that was dropped for a better rate payer? How can I ever be sure of a prepaid room again? I know hotels hold rooms for conferences, but over 8 months in advance aren't there still a great number of rooms under normal reservations or are all tourists subjected to these unreliable terms? I planned this way in advance with all the details to spend time in New Orleans where I have never been. We traveled 40 miles each way to get back there. I was not enthused about any of it. People were not very friendly in the restaurants either. Slidell was much friendlier and Comfort Inn and Suites were very helpful. I would stay there again. Maybe in the long run Slidell was the better place to stay although it was 50 miles to the airport at 3:30 am which was not planned. I have vacationed for years all over the US, Mexico and the Caribbean many times and have never been treated as poorly as I had been at Staybridge New Orleans. My Husband had spoken with the girls Manager and he just said it was a computer error and that all he could do. They will not ever be a choice of accommodations for us anywhere again. Prepaid rooms evidently have no guarantee of being there when you arrive so what is the purpose? Sign me STEAMED! Deanna K.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dear Valued Guest, Welcome to the New Orleans Staybridge Suites, where we're more than just your typical New Orleans Hotel! The goal of our team is to make you feel like you're staying with family while in New Orleans. Whether you're here for business or pleasure, your comfort is our top priority. So, get comfortable in one of our spacious studio, one or two bedroom suites! Then, come and join our family for our complimentary, full American breakfast buffet, featuring both hot and cold items. We also invite you to take advantage of our laundry facilities, fitness center, wifi internet access and 24 hour business center, all offered at no additional cost. At the end of your day, join our family for our famous Sundowner Reception. Our reception, which is offered to all our guests Tuesday through Thursday on a complimentary basis, includes beer, wine, soft drinks and a light meal. Due to our perfect location, the New Orleans Staybridge Suites is considered to be both a French Quarter Hotel as well as a Downtown New Orleans Hotel. No need to rent a car while here because our upscale, all suites hotel is located across the street from Harrah's Casino, blocks from the French Quarter and within walking distance to many restaurants and attractions, including Riverwalk, Convention Center and the Superdome, home to the New Orleans Saints. So sit back, relax and enjoy all the comforts of home!Sincerely,Your New Orleans Staybridge Suites Family ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Staybridge Suites New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Staybridge Suites