This hotel had plenty of perks and I had a very good discount through the film festival which block-booked the rooms. We got there early and they were happy to hold our bags for us until check-in and offered to call us when our room was ready. Monique, the woman on duty, was very friendly and gave me a string of Mardi-Gras beads to welcome us.
When we finally got up to our room we were pleasantly surprised by how big it was. It had a nice kitchenette with free microwave popcorn, coffee. Internet connection was good. The only drawback for the room was that the thermostat was impossible to adjust, even by my technogeek husband, so it stayed at 63 degrees, but we both agreed that too cold was better than too hot. And the lock on the door was problematic..hard to lock and unlock. We told them at the desk at checkout and they said they would see about fixing it and allowed that the thermostat was tricky.
The curtain had a cigarette burn through it; made me wonder if some people smoke in non-smoking rooms. Didn't notice any smoky smell, though.
We had the free breakfast the next morning. There weren't many places to sit as the hotel was packed but the breakfast was sufficiently good. But since you're in N.O., unless you're on a budget you might want to skip the hotel meal and have something yummy, maybe at Mother's across the street, which seemed to be drawing a crowd.
The pool was small, but fine if you just want to have a soak to relax.
Parking is expensive, @ $30 at the hotel and the lot across the street. But it's cheaper here than in the French Quarter and you can come and go knowing that there's no guarantee there will be a space when you return. (We never had a problem, tho.) Metered parking on the street is the cheapest, but there's a 2 hour limit. Just decide you're going to have to pay and go and have fun!
I would definitely stay here again if I had the same discount!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dear Valued Guest, Welcome to the New Orleans Staybridge Suites, where we're more than just your typical New Orleans Hotel! The goal of our team is to make you feel like you're staying with family while in New Orleans. Whether you're here for business or pleasure, your comfort is our top priority. So, get comfortable in one of our spacious studio, one or two bedroom suites! Then, come and join our family for our complimentary, full American breakfast buffet, featuring both hot and cold items. We also invite you to take advantage of our laundry facilities, fitness center, wifi internet access and 24 hour business center, all offered at no additional cost. At the end of your day, join our family for our famous Sundowner Reception. Our reception, which is offered to all our guests Tuesday through Thursday on a complimentary basis, includes beer, wine, soft drinks and a light meal. Due to our perfect location, the New Orleans Staybridge Suites is considered to be both a French Quarter Hotel as well as a Downtown New Orleans Hotel. No need to rent a car while here because our upscale, all suites hotel is located across the street from Harrah's Casino, blocks from the French Quarter and within walking distance to many restaurants and attractions, including Riverwalk, Convention Center and the Superdome, home to the New Orleans Saints. So sit back, relax and enjoy all the comforts of home!Sincerely,Your New Orleans Staybridge Suites Family ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Staybridge Suites New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Staybridge Suites