I wonder if I stayed at the same hotel as the one star reviewer? TThis hotel was one of the conference hotels, and I chose it because it was one of the most reasonably priced and only 0.5 mi from the Convention Center. The rooms are spacious because they are suites. I had a full kitchen, office area, living room area and bed area. My plane was late, late, late, but the gals checked me in with a smile. I asked for an upper level room to be away from the street noise, but no go. On the second floor actually facing the street. But, it was because the hotel was booked up for the conference. The street noise is loud but luckily I travel with ear plugs. The room price includes a hot breakfast. And Tu-Th they have a very nice happy hour. Unlimited glasses of wine or beer, with snacks and light supper type food. They actually grilled the burgers on a Weber grill the night I was there. So you only have to pay for your low country/cajun lunch. I found the entire staff friendly always with a smile and pleasant conversation. Another guest commented about the "nasty pool". While I was there, it was clean and I swam laps in my "personal pool" each of three days. Yeah, it is small, so I had to swim 50 lengths to get a good workout, but since I was the only one there, who cares. The only downside was that most of the surfaces in the kitchen felt a little sticky to the touch. I wonder if it is the effect of the humidity on the budget cabinet finish. If you are on the lower floors you cannot use the stairs, because you get locked in. Overall, I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dear Valued Guest, Welcome to the New Orleans Staybridge Suites, where we're more than just your typical New Orleans Hotel! The goal of our team is to make you feel like you're staying with family while in New Orleans. Whether you're here for business or pleasure, your comfort is our top priority. So, get comfortable in one of our spacious studio, one or two bedroom suites! Then, come and join our family for our complimentary, full American breakfast buffet, featuring both hot and cold items. We also invite you to take advantage of our laundry facilities, fitness center, wifi internet access and 24 hour business center, all offered at no additional cost. At the end of your day, join our family for our famous Sundowner Reception. Our reception, which is offered to all our guests Tuesday through Thursday on a complimentary basis, includes beer, wine, soft drinks and a light meal. Due to our perfect location, the New Orleans Staybridge Suites is considered to be both a French Quarter Hotel as well as a Downtown New Orleans Hotel. No need to rent a car while here because our upscale, all suites hotel is located across the street from Harrah's Casino, blocks from the French Quarter and within walking distance to many restaurants and attractions, including Riverwalk, Convention Center and the Superdome, home to the New Orleans Saints. So sit back, relax and enjoy all the comforts of home!Sincerely,Your New Orleans Staybridge Suites Family ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Staybridge Suites New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Staybridge Suites