During our recent trip to New Orleans, we had the pleasure of staying at the Staybridge Suites, 501 Tchoupitoulas St. New Orleans, LA. We were there from Thursday-Monday, 9/20-24/2011. Even though this is an extended stay location, I can see why someone would want to make this place a home. It is such a warm and welcoming environment.
The complimentary Hot Breakfast Buffet is one to be appreciated. It’s offered Monday-Friday (6:30a-9:30a); Saturday and Sunday (7:30a-10:30a) - with plenty of food to choose from to start your day off.
There is a Social Evening Reception (complimentary and hosted by the Staybridge Suites’ team, Tuesday-Thursday 5:30p-7:30p). While there we did have to utilize their business center as well (this too was include in our stay). The business center is a 24/7 operation. Also, this location has on site: A Laundry Room, Den, and A Pantry Convenience Store.
Housekeeping Services: By this being an extended stay location, we knew to request the use of these services. So we managed to get “full service” in the area of housekeeping needs during our entire stay. Otherwise the way it works is: “Light Touch” Service is provided daily, Monday-Friday; “Full Service” is provided weekly; and Weekend housekeeping services is provided on a requested basis only.
The location of the “suites” is directly across the streets from “Mother’s Restaurant; a block down from the Casino; and a block or two from where we’d pick up the trolley. Using the trolley, we’d get an all day ride ticket at a cost of $3.00. But now, if you’ve 65 and older it would only cost $0.40 a ride. I might add, the location of the hotel is in walking distance of the Ernest Moral Convention Center as well. So we were able to get our exercise in while we walked; although, there is also a fitness room on site at the suites. Their other recreational features included: Sport Court, Swimming Pool and BBQ Pavilion (opened daily 8am-10pm).
I’d like to send out a special “Thank You” to the staff who made our stay more pleasant than imagined: Again , thanks: Mark , Ronnell and Crystal. What a great team of people working at this location. Oh yea, I don’t want to forget to say thanks to: “Sabrina” from housekeeping, I remember leaving behind something very personal to me. Once I called back to the hotel (even though the one who cleaned the room was off) it was Sabrina who back tracked to locate my item. Thanks again each and every one of you for making our stay here most pleasant. I loved it so much I requested to receive one of those “hotel reward cards.” You know the one where you earn points for staying at their location. This was our first time staying there but it will not be our last. The next time we travel, I'm definitely going to look for a Staybridge Suites location.
The four of us was in New Orleans to attend the AARP convention - that too was off the chain. And next year the convention will be in Atlanta - I certainly not going to miss that either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dear Valued Guest, Welcome to the New Orleans Staybridge Suites, where we're more than just your typical New Orleans Hotel! The goal of our team is to make you feel like you're staying with family while in New Orleans. Whether you're here for business or pleasure, your comfort is our top priority. So, get comfortable in one of our spacious studio, one or two bedroom suites! Then, come and join our family for our complimentary, full American breakfast buffet, featuring both hot and cold items. We also invite you to take advantage of our laundry facilities, fitness center, wifi internet access and 24 hour business center, all offered at no additional cost. At the end of your day, join our family for our famous Sundowner Reception. Our reception, which is offered to all our guests Tuesday through Thursday on a complimentary basis, includes beer, wine, soft drinks and a light meal. Due to our perfect location, the New Orleans Staybridge Suites is considered to be both a French Quarter Hotel as well as a Downtown New Orleans Hotel. No need to rent a car while here because our upscale, all suites hotel is located across the street from Harrah's Casino, blocks from the French Quarter and within walking distance to many restaurants and attractions, including Riverwalk, Convention Center and the Superdome, home to the New Orleans Saints. So sit back, relax and enjoy all the comforts of home!Sincerely,Your New Orleans Staybridge Suites Family ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Staybridge Suites New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Staybridge Suites