“Awesome Location”

Ranked #129 of 165 Hotels in New Orleans
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Awesome Location”
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Just got back from New Orleans, we stayed a week and I thought I would write a review. I always read the reviews before I stay anywhere. This is a older hotel, The only thing that really needs to be done with these rooms is a fresh coat of paint and the bathrooms updated. Next time I go back to New Orleans I will be staying there. The staff is great and Gale went above and beyond to make our stay there wonderful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Douglas55

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Hicksville, New York
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Elevetor did not work all week. Entire room is a trip back to 1980, needs to be remodeled.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kuzmatic13

Travelers are raving about these New Orleans hotels

Wetaskiwin, Canada
Reviewed June 17, 2011

We traded our Las Vegas time share for this, our first experience with Interval International. I feel sorry for anyone who suffers with this windowless room. The rates say $190 a night, someone is dreaming in technicolor! We were lucky & the friendly staff moved us after 2 nights to a room with windows & space. The literature for this room states a whirlpool bath/shower in both the living area & bedroom, this is not true, as there is only one bathroom. This room was so small, you could just barely walk around the bed & the living room was so small, if we tried to open the couch (advertised as a queen pull out sofa,) we would have to have put the kitchen table in the hall.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank This_is_who_I_am
Chesapeake, VA
Reviewed June 16, 2011

We traded our timeshare week for a week in New Orleans, but this hotel was not our first choice. I would go back ONLY if it’s my only choice. On the plus side, it is in a good location just on the edge of the French Quarter. It is easy to walk everywhere, and it is close to streetcar stops. The rooms are large and clean for the most part. The people at the desk were helpful and friendly enough. However, that’s where the good ends. Our room on the ground floor looked like a college apartment decorated with yard sale finds. The sofa was lumpy and the springs in the wing chair were totally shot. None of the artwork was coordinated. The bedspread was old and had cigarette burns. The bathroom door did not close fully. But the tub, well, words fail me. Supposedly it’s a Jacuzzi, but it looks like a pool for baptisms. It’s been a year since we stayed there, so hopefully the room has been remodeled. (In order to post, I had to select a date from a drop down menu. We stayed here March 2010, not 2011.)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Wendymath
Schertz, Texas
Reviewed May 25, 2011

The staff is awesome at this location. You must visit them. The location is around the corner from the Casino and next to many eating places All walking distance of the hotel, and also to the Louisiana Superdome. We own 2 timeshares here, we love it that much and always tell all of our friends. Not one of them have been disappointed! Try it you will like it!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank jvfloyd07
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed May 24, 2011

We have been going to Hotel De L'eau Vive for many years, first as guests, now as time-share owners. We absolutely love it. It may be an old building, but it has class ! The Hotel staff is friendly, helpful, and it is nice to see the same faces year-after-year. The location is wonderful! You are 1 block from Harrah's, 1 block from Canal St & the French Quarter, and a few blocks from St. Charles & the street car line. We will be back this October, we can't wait!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank PBCartwright
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 1, 2011

I must say, after reading the reviews I wanted to cancel my stay. I'm glad that I did not The staff were excellent and the room was awesome! The only thing that I would mention as a negative is that the ledges were a little dusty. This was my second trip back to Nawlins but first time at this hotel. I'm very selective and would found another place to stay if had been as bad as the reviews. Thanks Hotel De L'Eau Vivie for making my sons 32nd birthday a blast. Would definately stay here agian!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends