“comfy home base for visiting New Orleans” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crescent City Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Crescent City Guest House
Ranked #53 of 138 New Orleans B&B and Inns
austin, tx
“comfy home base for visiting New Orleans”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

Had a great stay at CCGH...house, room, and the gardens were exceptional. Water feature right outside our bedroom window was a lovely bonus.

Owner Matt welcomed us in and was extremely accommodating, and the serve-yourself-anytime breakfast and snacks were a perfect fit for our laissez-faire schedule.

Most outstanding was the location and value - great, great, great! Easy home base from which to explore the French Quarter and also get a taste of the 'real' New Orleans' from the artsy Marigny and Bywater neighborhoods.

Loved it, and will definitely re-book when we make our way back to the Big Easy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

This cozy B&B provides all the comforts of home plus several unique amenities (look in the drawers, bookshelves, and pantry) that will make your visit to New Orleans care-free and enjoyable. You are only blocks away from some of the best music venues (Snug Harbor) and the incomparable New Orleans restaurants of the French Quarter and Marigny. Your hosts are SUPER gracious. If you are a first-time visitor, they will help you unlock the secrets of America's favorite city. If you are a returning visitor, you will have a slice of home no matter how far you have traveled. No pool or fitness center but you'll get your exercise by walking or heading over to Micheal's Bicycles to cruise around the city to parts too far to walk -- saving lots on can fare.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Centerburg, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

We spent a short weekend at Crescent City and we had a great time. It is a small guest house with four rooms and a shared common area. Nothing fancy, just clean and comfortable with a fully stocked fridge you can help yourself to at any time.

It is a 3-4 block walk to the edge of the French Quarter, we walked in and out of the Quarter many times over the weekend at all hours without any issues at all. There are tons of cool shops and bars nearby.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank OmarBay
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights and really enjoyed it. The rooms are quiet, cool, clean and nicely decorated. The location is excellent - close enough, but not too close. You help yourself to breakfast which we really liked and the hosts were friendly and helpful. Would recommend.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2011

I decided to fly into New Orleans on a random getaway weekend trip. Although I booked this place at the absolute last minute & my flight was delayed by a couple of hours, the owners (Matt & Lynn) were super patient and very accommodating! The customer service is outstanding. They are sincerely available if you need any help or information while visiting. I know the city pretty well, so after Lynn helped me check in, I went out to meet up with some old girlfriends.

A+ for the location! It's only a few blocks from the French Quarter, so this makes it wonderfully convenient. You can walk, bike, or drive. I personally walked over everyday so I could burn a few calories before stuffing myself silly with Cafe du Monde beignets. You can visit all of the tourist attractions that you want, and then retreat back to the Guest House located inside the relaxing neighborhood of Marigny. The neighborhood itself is pleasant with all of the historical homes and shaded sidewalks. It's a few steps away from Frenchmen's Street. Plenty of hip establishments to eat, drink and be merry at.

A+ for the Guest House itself! This historical house is beautifully done. There is a beautiful garden area in the backyard. I am an absolute neat freak, and I'm happy to report that my room was absolutely spotless!!! I walked around with white socks in my suite and they were still white at the end of my stay. The maidservice was wonderful, as there were fresh sheets for the bed, and plenty of clean, soft towels everyday. The pictures from the website are great references to the actual rooms. Everything you could need is available (cable TV, CD music player, iron/ironing board, alarm clock, and even a mini fridge). When I settled in to take a shower, I thought I was going to have to make a trip to the store, but nope- I found just what I needed under the sink!

There is a self service system for breakfast and snacks. As a guest here, everything in the common area kitchen is available for you. There are coffee, juices, fresh fruit, bagels, cream cheese, etc, etc. I personally like this amentity because whether I am up at 4 am or 4 pm, I can get what I want right then.

All in all this is a fantastic place to stay. The price, location and cleanliness can not be beat by any chain hotel in New Orleans. Next time I visit New Orleans, I will definitely be staying here!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank A B
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

Matt and Lynn run a great little guesthouse. This was my second time here and this time I came with a business partner. If you like unpretentious, you will love their place. Everything you need for breakfast is there and the owners don't bother you. Be sure to check out the water garden around the block.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed at Crescent City B&B as a solo female traveller. The value is super. The location is minuted away from Frenchman St and no more than 12 minutes from the heart of the French Quarter. The B&B is very secure and quiet. Breakfast is a help yourself anytime situation with a stocked kitchen of cereal, bagels, fruit and juices. The main livingroom/ eating area is well stocked with tourist info, maps, books on the history of New Orleans and New Orleans themed literature. Free wifi internet was also available.

The neighborhood is quiet and I felt safe. I visited nearby businesses like the Satsuma Cafe and Baywater BBQ which are off the tourist path and near the B&B. Tours picked me up at the B&B and Joyride bike rentals dropped off a bike as well. The locked and secure yard made it easy for me to have a bike for more than 1 day. It was also a very well tended back yard with a seating area.

The owners made sure my visit was comfortable and I had everything I needed, but otherwise I hardly saw them. It was like renting a small apt in New Orleans for a week. It was a great value, a great time and if I were to visit New Orleans agian.. I wouldn´t hesitate to book another stay at Crescent City B&B

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo