Five Continents Inn
$179
$153
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$178
$126
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$117
CrownePlaza.com
$238
$209
$249
$189
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$144
$118
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$111
$259
$138
$102
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$179
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My husband and I decided to stay here because we have a love for bed and breakfasts. It was a ten minute walk to the French Quarter and while we were there in October which is normally chilly in our home state of MA it was a balmy 75 almost everyday we were there. Peter was incredible and so helpful. He offered great ideas on where to go and what to do. His food was beyond incredible. I will stay no where else when we are back in the city. The bed was so comfortable and I loved our balcony off of our living room. We stayed in the European Suite.
Thank you for making our honeymoon so effortless!

Room Tip: The rooms at the back of the house face a beautiful garden. The rooms on the front face the street. I have only stayed in the European Suite so I cannot say if the others are just as comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter N, Owner at Five Continents Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

I'm so glad you had a great stay with us at the Five Continents. October and November are among our busiest times here because the weather is usually very mild and pleasant. It was great to have you here for your honeymoon. We hope to see you again soon in New Orleans and the Five Continents!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband and I were so very pleased with our stay at the Five Continents! Peter was a wonderful host, the breakfast was consistently delicious, and the bed in our "European Suite" was the most comfortable I've slept on in years... It's central location provided us quick and easy access to both City Park and Frenchman Street (the places we spent most of our time). We won't stay anywhere else when we are fortunate enough to be able to get away to "The Big Easy" once again...

Room Tip: The European Suite was HUGE!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter N, Owner at Five Continents Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Thanks for writing. I'm so glad you all enjoyed your stay here in New Orleans and at the Five Continents. We are indeed convenient to many interesting attactions here in the city. Staying in a B&B is certainly a richer experience of the local culture than staying at an impersonal hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Charming B&B at a great price. A couple of miles from the Quarter, but a quick drive or cab to the east end. We actually had 2 bedrooms with adjoining bath. Peter was a helpful host and breakfasts offered good local choices and delicious taste. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for writing. We are indeed close to many attractions, 7 blocks from the edge of the French Quarter, less than a mile to either the Frenchman Street Jazz scene or the Fairgrounds for Jazz Fest. Many of our guests walk to these places and then walk or take a cab back in the evening. We hope to see you again soon at the Five Continents.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed here for two nights at the start of our road trip of the Deep South and it truly was a wonderful start to our holiday. We arrived very late on the first evening but Peter stayed up to greet us. Our room was the Asian suite which was beautifully decorated and very spacious. Breakfast was absolutely incredible - I highly recommend the omelette with alligator sausage, shrimp and crawfish it was very tasty and a great start to the day!
The Five Continents is located in a really convenient location - only 10-15mins walk to the French Quarter. Overall the B&B was perfect, and we will definitely stay here again when we go back to New Orleans.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Adam B

It was great having you here at the Five Continents, and thank you for your kind remarks. Breakfast is always a great time here and it is fun to cook interesting local items which people don't get in other places. It is also great fun to hear about everyone's adventures from the previous day, or the plans fo the upcoming day. Hope to see you again in New Orleans.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I only wish I had more time to stay in New Orleans at the Five Continents Bed and Breakfast on Esplanade. A friend had recommended it, and thought it would be "normal",... but it was so much more than I expected. The public rooms downstairs, the parlors were decorated so that it felt as if I had truely stepped back in time. My suite, (not room... but suit) was the Asia Suite, decorated in an Asian motif. I had two rooms and a full bath, a balcony, and ample parking opportunities on the wide boulevard in front of the house. The host, from Austria, is a great chef, producing a breakfast menu of my choosing that ranged from Russian Eggs, to French toast New Orleans style and more. I chose the New Orleans crawfish tail omelette. It was delicious. The dining room where breakfast is served is elegant and spacious. One big table means that you might have the chance other world travelers, instead of being seperated off in little tables like so many B&Bs. I found the whole experience wonderful, and will definitely stay there again next time I am in New Orleans.

Room Tip: It is not in the densely loud French Quarter, but on a lovely boulevard 5 minutes from all the best tourist attractions,... also close to the City Park.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Peter N, Owner at Five Continents Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thanks for staying with us and taking time to write these kind words. The Five Continents is indeed and exceptional B&B with its spacious suits, home-cooked breakfasts, and ample parking both in the courtyard and on the newly rebuilt Esplanade Avenue. Of course many people stay here without a car, and they can easily walk or take public transport to the many wonderful destination in the area and in our wonderful city. Hope to see you soon again at the Five Continents.