I'd like to thank the hosts Peter and Walter for a great stay at the five continents. I was here for a week on a conference and really enjoyed coming back to this beautiful old house full of atmosphere after long days in the convention center, and to the hospitality of Peter and Walter.
Guest rooms are upstairs and beautifully furnished. I stayed in the eurasian suite, which has two connected bedrooms with hardwood floors, a very nice bath, and access to the balcony around the back part of the house. The only thing that I missed in my room was a desk to work on with my laptop, but I could have used the lobby downstairs (don't know why I didn't).
The B&B is located on esplanade avenue, roughly 8 blocks away from the french quarter, and looking into the side streets one notices that the neighborhood is very mixed, beautiful old houses like the 5 continents, but also some poorer buildings around. I never felt unsafe, though. I walked this stretch at least two times avery day, to and from the convention center, through the french quarter, which took me roughly 40 minutes (20 minutes to the french market). Esplanade avenue is a good starting point to explore also other parts of New Orleans than just the French Quarter, I recommend renting a bike to get around a bit. I just did this on the last day after the conference was over and regretted that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Continents Guest House is a 5500 SF 1880's Greek Revival Mansion on beautiful live oak lined Esplanade Avenue 8 blocks from the historic French Quarter. It has a separate cottage in the back, off street gated parking, a balcony and front, back and side upstairs porch. Each room is themed for a different continent. Luxury on a budget. Either individual room rentals or the entire compound. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Five Continents Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 5 Continents Bed And Breakfast
- Five Continents b&b
- Five Continents Hotel New Orleans