“Interesting but not ideal”

and 1 more site!
Five Continents Inn
Ranked #64 of 139 New Orleans B&B and Inns
East Anglia Uk
“Interesting but not ideal”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We booked this bed & breakfast as it had some very good ratings. As somebody else commented the location is not ideal and the walk into the centre can feel intimidating. Our room (the European Suite) was large but rather dark and the wifi did not work, although it worked fine in the public ares.

Also at $200 per night we were disappointed that our room was not serviced.

on the plus side the parking was free & secure and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
PeterNeu, Owner at Five Continents Inn, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thanks for writing. It was very nice to have you all stay with us. As an old historic city, New Orleans is certainly no quiet bucolic place, and I'm sorry that you found the walk to the French Quarter a bit intimidating. I am glad to note, however, that we are on one of the safest streets in the city, with lots of foot-traffic. We are working on the WiFi in the European Suite, it is the one place in the house where the signal is weak. I hope to see you again on another trip to our beautiful city.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I belong to a group of women who get together once a year to chat, drink a few drinks and just hang out together. This year our group had 60 women and we needed a place to be able to accomodate us all for dinners and just hanging out. This house was perfect for us. We decorated the house and Peter was so kind to help us clean up afterwards! His sweet dog was a lovely little party favor we all enjoyed petting.
The rooms were well decorated and very comfortable. Breakfast was delicious (I recommend the french toast with fruit!). The coffee was fresh and always seemed to be waiting for us as soon as we got downstairs which I loved.
The only downside I can even say is that if you don't have a car to get around you'll need to rely on cabs which don't frequent this neighborhood that we could see. You'll need to call ahead to request a cab. They come quickly (10-20 min), generally, and it only costs about $10 to get a ride to the heart of the French Quarter.
If you do bring a car there's a gated drive that we were able to use which was perfect.
Thanks a million to the owners and especially Peter who rescued us after we locked ourselves out and for being so gracious with our group.
I'll definitely be bringing my husband back for a couples trip someday.

Room Tip: I loved the front bedroom with a private bath and sitting room. The balcony was a lovely spot outsid...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks so much for your review, it was so nice to have you all here. I'm glad that your group was able to use our space so well for your gathering, it really works well for a party or other social event. The European Suite is a great room and I'm glad you all enjoyed it. I hope you bring your group back again soon!
Washington, DC
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stayed for honeymoon after Hurricane Sandy delayed our arrival. Our host, Peter, was very accommodating, helping us to reschedule and working with us along the way. When other guests cancelled at the last minute due to the storm, we were upgraded to the best room in the house. Breakfast was delicious. His dog is very friendly. The location is within walking distance to the French Quarter and Frenchman Street -- though the B&B is situated in a somewhat shady area of Esplanade Ave.

Dallas, Georgia, USA
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This trip was the first time my wife and I had been to New Orleans, LA. We went on a cruise leaving out of and returning to NOLA and decided we wanted to stay over one night upon returning. My wife found Five Continents B&B and booked us a room online. The owner was very friendly, the room (we stayed in the Asian room) was very nice, extremely clean and very cozy and comfortable. The breakfast menu was well rounded and the food was excellent. The other patrons while we were there were from Europe and they loved the place as well. Definitely will look to stay here again whenever I finally make it back to New Orleans.

1 Thank Beau J
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife and I came to NOLA for our 20th wedding anniversary and stayed at the Five Continents B&B. We stayed in the cottage in the back and had a wonderful time. The entire B&B is just wonderful and Peter the proprietor is very kind and accommodating. The main floor/dining room is just wonderful and very well maintained. The spicy omelet was my favorite and breakfast everyday was wonderful.

We did not have a car, but there is plenty of parking. It is a short walk/cab from the quarter.
We had a wonderful week and did not want to return home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
PeterNeu, Owner at Five Continents Inn, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
It was great to have you here for your anniversary, as you visited our wonderful city. I'm so glad you enjoyed the house and our breakfasts. I hope to see you here again soon.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed at Five Continents for three nights in early October, 2012. I chose this B&B because of the cost and the good TA reviews. In the event, we were very satisfied with the experience.
We stayed in Asian room, which I understand is the least nice room. Having said that, it exceeded our expectations... a really large and comfortable bedroom with an adjoining sitting parlour. What more could we want?!
The decor of the house seems evocative of something old worldly... I imagine it's how houses must have been furnished in Old New Orleans. Breakfast was a sumptuous affair with fresh fruit, coffee, toast and scrumptious omelettes. Peter the owner was friendly, reliable and ran the house very efficiently.
As for location, the cost should imply this isn't in the heart of the famous French Quarter, but it's a nice 20-30 minute walk... exactly what I needed with so much delicious New Orleans food being a constant temptation.
If we ever visited New Orleans again, we'd definitely stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for writing, it was great to have you all at the Five Continents. We always love you all from "down under." So glad that you enjoyed the house and breakfast, and hope to see you again soon.
West Hollywood, California, United States
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I stayed here for two nights in mid-July during a quick visit to New Orleans. Very convenient to the French Quarter and most other NO attractions. The house is large and well appointed, with private parking and lots of places to lounge. The rooms are creative, clean, and large. Very comfortable beds, great breakfast, friendly people. And a quiet neighborhood. Yes, the TVs are small, but if you are in New Orleans, why are you watching TV?

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business