My husband and I stayed here on our first trip to NOLA during Mardi GRAS. We were lucky enough to stay in the European Suite which is absolutely beautiful and huge. The room was immaculate, toiletries some of the nicest I have seen in bed and breakfasts and the towels and sheets excellent quality. This room is at the front of the house on the second floor and has the top balcony directly and privately out the sitting room doors. Petr was an excellent host and we felt welcome from the moment we arrived.
Wireless was ok in the room but much better in the down stairs African sitting/living room. Overall quite a pleasant stay for our first visit to NOLA. We walked to and from the French Quarter each day we were there and we're aware of our surroundings but never felt unsafe, and I am pretty wimpy about that type situation. If you have some thought briefly cross your mind about taking a cab to and fro, think again. On several different occasions, we tried to call for a cab with either busy signal or no answer. We were desperate to get back as it was late and hailed a cab on the "not recommended list". Big mistake, charged $20.00 for a trip that other services charge only $7.00, they didn't take debit/ credit cards as advertised and we were driver God knows where to a sketchy craphole gas station to use the $4.00 ATM to get cash to pay the driver.
I have read some of the reviews posted after our stay, meaning we actually stayed before the above posters stayed and would like to comment. My husband and I arrived in quite a large Ford Explorer and found the complimentary onsite parking ultra convenient. We had absolutely no issues, meaning myself included were able to quite easily navigate the straight as an arrow drive way through the gate and park. There were no issues with non opening, concerns about damaging our vehicle due to te width etc. Any driver worth their salt should be able to manage this parking area. I have certainly stayed in other B &Bs where you needed to complete a 52 point turn to exit. Not here.
I was happy to see that this wonderful home will be changing up their breakfast selection to align themselves with the offerings of their competition city wide. Additionally, other B&B's will leave wine out for guests to serve them self in the evening ridding them of the hassle of having to ask for it. These would have been my only suggestions for improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not your normal Bed and Breakfast. The Five Continents is a reflection of the owners' world travels and life experiences. Both the founding and current owners have lived in or visited five of the seven continents of the world, hence the name. Located just six blocks from the French Quarter down the historic Esplanade and close to the Race Track at the Fairgrounds where the world famous New Orleans Jazz Festival is held, the Five Continents is perfectly situated for a memorable visit to the "Big Easy". A gourmet Breakfast is provided between 8:00 and 10:00 a.m. Guests order from a menu of various freshly cooked specialties. Pets are welcome in the North American Cottage. An important note about parking at the Five Continents.... Our parking area in the courtyard can comfortably accomodate four or five guest cars. The courtyard, driveway, and gate are from the late 19th century. They were designed for horses and carrages. Small and normal-sized cars fit very well. Please be aware that vans, pick-up trucks, larger SUVs, and trailers will likely not fit into the gate or driveway and cannot be accomodated in the parking area. There is, however, ample unrestricted parking on the street for vehicles which do not fit into our courtyard area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Five Continents Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Five Continents b&b
- Five Continents Hotel New Orleans
- 5 Continents Bed And Breakfast