All reviewscourtyard suitefrenchman streetevery morningprivate entrancefabulous musicst rochmarigny areafrench quartersmall bathwithin walking distanceother guestsfaubourg marignysoft sheetscharming b bhouse is beautifulbreakfast was deliciousa lovely stay
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Every now and then I seem to stumble upon a really special place with a truly extraordinary owner. I just moved from the New Orleans area and needed a home away from home to stay for return trips, and had always wanted to explore the Marigny area. I really didn't have time to do much exploring when I came for a short trip in early August, but I fell in love with Auld Sweet Olive! It is such a beautiful and comfortable home - with lots of positive energy. The neighborhood is eclectic, maybe a little on the adventuresome side, but I felt very comfortable coming and going. Having the coop grocery store in the Healing Center across the street was an added perk. Nancy was such a gracious hostess and wonderful cook - her breakfast treats were fabulous! I really enjoyed my mornings sitting in the front parlor drinking coffee, looking out the beautiful stained glass windows, and browsing through Nancy's collection of books. She made me feel so at home and welcome, and I got the impression she is that way with everyone. Read her bio - which I did after I got home - and you'll be amazed at her accomplishments! I wish her all the best with her new adventure and I highly recommend a stay at Auld Sweet Olive.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My girlfriend and I recently stayed here for 5 nights. After doing HOURS of research on hotels and bed and breakfasts I stumbled upon this and it looked like it was exactly what we wanted. Our room was the Courtyard Suite which had a Jacuzzi, large walk in shower, small kitchen, and very comfortable king size bed. Nancy went above and beyond to be accommodating. She answered all of our questions, gave us tips on where to go and eat, and a wealth of other things. The breakfast every morning was fantastic (the omelettes are DELICIOUS!) and the coffee was excellent. You truly cannot go wrong staying here. It is located within walking distance to pretty much everything; the french quarter, bourbon street, countless restaurants within two blocks.. I'd recommend going to 'The Joint' at least once, had the best pulled pork and bbq of my life! In my experience the neighborhood seemed quite safe and everyone was friendly. One major perk is parking on the street is free! Most hotels you pay a good 30$ a day to park. Literally across the street is a large building with a coffee/juice shop, restaurant, health food store, and a gym which was quite convenient. I'm already planning my next trip and will definitely be staying here again!

1  Thank Ecker27
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Me and my hubby stayed here for our 19th anniversary for 3 nights, and we were truly lucky to have found this beautiful b&b. The owner/innkeeper Nancy was very welcoming and accommodating. She mad us feel at home. She told us great places to see and good places to eat. Our room, the Courtyard Suite was amazing. It featured a king bed, kitchenette, Jacuzzi tub, walk in shower. This room has everything you might need. It also was very clean. We stayed in some and enjoyed the room. The courtyard just outside of the room was beautiful. You can open doors from the room and be right there! New Orleans was a wonderful experience for us. Parking is right in front of Sweet Olive. The neighborhood was eccentric and safe. Nancy makes the best bakery goods for breakfast by the way! We definitely will be staying here on our next trip to NOLA!

Room Tip: The Courtyard Suite is the best. Jacuzzi tub, kitchenette, outside access to the Courtyard area. This room has everything you will need!
1  Thank Howard4life
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed at Auld Sweet Olive for 4 nights, its a great place to stay, very close to Frenchman Street where all the great music bars are! Nancy is a fabulous host and her breakfasts are so tasty and unique. She made our stay in New Orleans perfect, we didn't want to leave. I would recommend Sweet Olive to anyone wanting to stay in New Orleans.

1  Thank Daffy09
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The other reviews have pretty much covered it: Nancy is great, the house is beautiful, breakfast was tasty, and location is perfect. But if you're traveling to NOLA for work, I can highly recommend Sweet Olive. It was an oasis from busy days of traveling and meetings. I felt comfortable to keep to myself and get work done when necessary, but also interact with other guests and Nancy when I wanted to be social. Nancy made sure I had everything I needed to rest and work well. I even got a lot of work done in the beautiful, sunny, and quiet living room! So much better than a messy hotel room or loud coffee shop. The neighborhood is a lot more calm and convenient than hotels in the suburbs or downtown. Normally, B&B's are too expensive for business trips, but Nancy's rates are affordable and the homey experience is absolutely worth it. If business brings you to New Orleans, stay at Auld Sweet Olive. You won't regret it!

Room Tip: Cypress Room is great for 1 or 2 people. The suite looked amazing!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business