Harrah's New Orleans
$179
$153
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$116
$249
$189
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$144
$118
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$111
$99
BestWestern.com
  • Breakfast included
$299
$259
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$179
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$117
$111
Hotels.com
6,110 results
All reviewsbesh steakhousegreat casinototal rewardsruth chrisfrench quarternon smokingfulton streetmississippi riverwithin walking distanceparking garagevery nice hoteleasy accesslocation is greatmardi grasfew blocksconvention centernola
Reviewed January 14, 2011

My husband and I were able to get a great rate for a couple of days to celebrate our anniversary. This is our third time to stay here. The hotel is beautiful and the location is conveniant. I asked for and received a room with a river view, on the 18th floor, which was awesome. The room was very clean, nice.......with a desk, couch, chair, very comfortable bed. The bathroom is huge....nice makeup mirror, coffeemaker, separate shower, large tub, separate toilet room, with plenty of towels. Everyone at the desk and in the lobby is extremely friendly and helpful. It's a short walk to the Riverwalk Mall for beignets in the morning. It's very conveniant to catch the Canal Streetcar, short walk to the French Quarter. There is a free shuttle to Mardi Gras World and I found out later that same shuttle could have taken us to the World War II museum. But we enjoyed the ride on the St. Charles streetcar out there anyway. Harrah's parking garage is right around the corner with "free" 24-hour parking for 30 minutes play in the casino. My husband had a winning streak and I had a losing streak, but we both had fun.
Dislike: We each had 2 flat pillows to sleep on and the internet is not free. Another night and I would have asked for new pillows. Otherwise, another great stay at Harrah's in New Orleans.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TexasNana57
Reviewed January 7, 2011

This was our 6th time staying at Harrahs and we've never been disappointed. The rooms are immaculate and a nice size, the bed is so comfortable, and the bathroom is roomy with a nice soaking tub. We like that the hotel is small. The front desk staff is a pleasure to deal with as is the bell and valet staff. A-1 service all the time. Room service is prompt and while not inexpensive, the food is delicious and served hot or cold as appropriate. The location is ideal for walking to the riverfront, the Quarter, and the Convention Center, as well as shopping and many restaurants. We enjoy Besh Steak and Bambu in the casino - first rate food in a casual setting. The buffet is hit or miss but is handy for a late night meal. If available, do try one of the corner suites - they are "true" suites with two separate rooms and very spacious. But the regular rooms are also quite nice. The cleanliness of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff make up for the absence of a pool and spa. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paula M
Reviewed January 7, 2011

Was comp-ed a room at Harrah's New Orleans so we stayed here one of the three nights we were in New Orleans. The customer service was great, the hotel room was immaculate and it was convenient to everything. It's hard to complain about a free room but the cost of parking was a little off-putting - $30/night. However, if you go into the casino and keep your slot card active for 30 minutes, then your parking is free. That wasn't too hard to do, but others considering staying at the hotel should be aware of this. No complaints at all about the hotel - it was an easy walk down to Jackson Square and the lower part of the French Quarter and the Canal Street Streetcar is just steps away.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank OffWeGo2
Reviewed January 6, 2011

Over the past couple of years, I've stayed at Harrahs New Orleans probably a half dozen times. I've also stayed at most of the surrounding hotels as well (Hilton, Marriott, Westin, Wyndham).

First, the Harrah's hotel itself....it's one of the 'newer' hotels in the immediate area. Check-in has always been a breeze. I've never been there when there was more than one person ahead of me in the check-in line. The front desk has always been friendly and helpful.

The rooms are fairly good sized, the beds are very comfortable. The bathrooms are large, with a soaking tub, a seperate shower and private toilet. The rooms have always been clean, and I never had any problems with housekeeping.

The hotel is fairly quiet. You still have the train....but that's true at all the area hotels. If you're a really light sleeper, you may want to ask for a 'city view', which will put you on the oppisite side of the hotel from the train tracks. The noise is less noticeable at Harrahs than at the other area hotels I've stayed in (particularily the Wyndham.....the train is right next to their rooms).

If you're lucky enough to get one of the 'corner rooms', you get a larger room (seperate bedroom), and a nice view. From my experience, unless you're a really 'high roller', your best chance at a corner room comes during a mid-week stay. But, I've never had a bad room during any stay.

Any 'cons' with the hotel?....the elevators....Harrahs has a 'key' system in the elevators...and while this is a plus for security, it seems to me that it's always a bit 'flaky'. I always have to try my key 3-4 times before I get a 'green' light. Not really a complaint, just a nuisance at times.

The hotel itself is 'small', so they don't have a lot of 'services'. There's no spa (although you can request to one at another hotel, Lowes, I believe....but it's in another building). The gym is small, but it's hardly ever used (at least during my experiences).

Parking.......Typical New Orleans parking, or lack thereof. If you plan on parking a car, plan on a little aggrevation. The options you have are....Valet at the hotel (think it's about $30/day), or you can self park at the garage next door. The self parking costs around $20/day, but if you gamble for 30 mins, you can get your parking validated (or if you're a Diamond Rewards member, you can park for 'free' in the self park.....not in the hotel valet). Be forewarned, if you there on the weekend, the parking garage fills up quickly! A car isn't a necessity, as everything is within a nice walking distance of the hotel.

The casino.....it's fairly large. Although they have plenty of slots, they do get crowded on the weekends. The same for the tables. Never had any big wins on the slots there. The table games are plentiful, with a good variety of games, but, again, on the weekends they are crowded, and you're not likely to find any $10 tables. The poker room is decent sized. They always seem to have a variety of levels. The casino can be fun, but if this is first trip to New Orleans, don't spend too much time in the casino!

The buffet .......I've been to almost all of the Harrah's properties around the country, and to several other casino's (buffet's) in NV.....and I would rank the New Orleans one as somewhere near the bottom. But, if you're in New Orleans, there's too many other places to eat, than a buffet. I did find the breakfast to be decent. But would recommend other places to eat.....go down to Cafe du Monde.

Other restaurants in the casino....again, there's too many other choices, so I haven't tried all the ones in the casino. But if you like sweet iced tea, go to the McAllisters deli in the front part of the casino (you have to be a southener probably to like sweet tea...lol). They also make a great club sandwich.

Make sure you go to 'Mothers' while you're in N.O. It's located just up the street, to your left when you come out of the hotel (about a block and a half away). They have the most authentic (and delicious) N.O. and Southern cooking of anywhere downtown (in my humble opinion). But, plan to go 'off peak' hours, unless you want to stand in line. Everyone else knows it's good too! Some of the best 'etoufee' I've ever had.

I will be returning to Harrahs at the end of Feb (right before Mardi Gras), and would recommend the hotel without hesitation.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
6  Thank Thomsarg
Reviewed January 4, 2011

Went to New Orleans after Christmas to scout some hotels for our Family Reunion coming up in July. Ended up staying at Harrah's because my mom got a comped room.

To start off parking is steep ($30 something dollars) , however if you play atleast 30 minutes on your Total Rewards Card you get 24hours of parking for free in the casino's parking garage (self park). We stayed Monday-Wednesday and didn't pay one penny for parking. Another thing one should note is that Harrah's Casino and Harrah's hotel are not one in the same. They are actually across the street from each other. However, there is a nice covered walkway/tunnel that connects the two.

The hotel's location is great. Steps away from the Riverwalk, the Aquarium and the French Quarters. You are in prime walking distances for many activities. The room itself was very nice and equipped with a large tv and mini fridge. There was even a doorbell for each room and an electric indicator to press if you did not want to be disturubed of if you need housekeeping. My favorite part of the room was the bathroom. It was HUGE! Walk in shower, separate tub big enough for two people. Lastly, the toilet was separated by a door from the rest of the bathroom.

Housekeeping was very attentive along with the other staff. Many times when I came and left I was greeted by someone at the front door and the bellmen were very helpful when trying to hail taxis.

We didn't eat at the restaurant in the hotel, but we did eat at the buffet in the casino. It was okay, not the best but not terrible either. My mother and her friend visited Steak and Bamboo (I believe that was the name of it), they were not impressed with the food and stated that the hostess was very rude because they did not have a reservation. We also ate at McCalisters in the casino. The food tasted nothing like the McCalisters I have been to. In addition, I had to send my 'sweet' tea back because clearly it was unsweetened. When they gave me another one, still no luck so I just gave up.
All in all a great hotel, prime location. Though, I would venture out for food.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends