“Paid a high price not to sleep at all !!”

Harrah's New Orleans
Ranked #11 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 7, 2009

We recently stayed July 2-July 4th am. Rates were high for Holiday weekend but booked anyway. July 3rd we couldn't sleep because of a very very loud band or DJ below our window. We were in room 712 it was so loud the window vibrated. This continued to about 4am. We complained that night and at check out but was brushed off. We spent $1422.oo for the two nights and some roomservice. My husband is 75 it was his birthday, what a bumber he couldn't even sleep the evening of July 3rd. Needless to say we will go back to the Windsor Court from this day on. We are local and visit New Oreans often.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nblnde1

Reviewed July 2, 2009

The staff was so helpful, kind and professional. From the minute we arrived until we left all the staff was gracious. It took less than 60 seconds to check in. The bed was the best ever.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2009

After hearing that this hotel was "the best of the best" from a fellow traveler, I was bound to be disappointed. The hotel room was luxurious and quiet. The bed was fabulous. The staff was friendly.
Complaints: Our room was barely cleaned and it was disappointing. New Orleans was super-hot when were there and the room could barely be kept cool We had to keep the blinds closed just to be able to stand it. Admittedly, I did not complain to the management about either of these things. I do believe they would have been remedied had I spoken up.
My husband waited in line 2 different times but was never able to use the business center. Also, beware of the VERY expensive valet parking.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stjoesun
Reviewed May 31, 2009

As Reward Card holders we were comped 4 nights, so not much to complain about. The room was very clean, was called non-smoking but stunk of smoke (have they not heard of Fabreeze?) truly the only complaint about the room. Location was great, overlooking the MIssissippi, 1 block to the street car, walking distance to Bourbon Street.
Had an early flight, arrived at 11AM couldn't check in until 3PM. To our dismay our luggage was left on a cart in the lobby where anyone could have walked off with it. I was not happy...husband has condition which requires daily meds, which they were aware of when we left the luggage ( I hesitated to leave the small bag with meds, but was assured it would be safe). Front desk clerk(Angela? Angeline?) could use a class or two in friendliness but the ONLY person that was not welcoming and pleasant.
Casino slots paid out NOTHING...not a bell rung in 4 days anywhere in the place!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2009

We stayed at Harrah's N.O. May 2009 for 3 nights. I cannot think of one problem to write about. From the time we checked in around noon to the time we had late check out at noon 3 days later we were treated extremely well. Ok, one thing. The elevators are a little tricky with the key card. But, a minor detail. The beds were absolutely fabulous. The most comfortable that I have ever slept on. We had a nice view of the river from our 14th floor room. The shower is separate from the beautiful large bathtub. There is a Ruth Chris Steakhouse in the hotel lobby. The casino is about a 5 minute walk from the hotel but it is completely covered. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank b43147
Reviewed May 21, 2009

I had been in the casino of this hotel during a previous stay and based on that I did not have high expectations for the hotel. However, I was pleasantly surprised. It was the Christmas season and the hotel spent a good amount of effort decorating. The room itself was more modern than I expected and fairly spacious. The location is not ideal for spending time in the French Quarter, as its a fair walk. However, we were able to head over without too much extra effort. It's just not as nice as being in a hotel located closer to the center.

Valet parking and concierge were both great, but self-parking was a nightmare on the weekend when lots of people came for the gaming. The garage almost filled up, and it is a very big garage. We had the buffet at the casino (mediocre) and dinner at the Ruth's Chris in the hotel (too expensive for basically steak and a potato). There is also a Gordon Biersch brewery nearby and a couple of other places, so there are some limited options for food if you don't want room service.

We happened to stay at Harrah's as a guest of the hotel, so it was extremely cheap, but for a regular rate of $170 I feel I'd look elsewhere unless you think you will do a lot of gambling. However, the gaming was not good, with the table minimums set very high. I can find cheaper games at the Bellagio.

I rate this hotel 3 stars, because I think that as nice as it is the Loews had more of a boutique feel and cost less (about $70 less!) for a very similar stay. Harrah's is about a block or two closer than Loews and has more closer to it, but it's not worth the extra price and represents a poor value at rack rate.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank dvg_loves_cali
Reviewed May 20, 2009

I must admit that I was a bit wary about the too-good-to-be-true full comping of 4 nights at Harrrah's, but I've spent plenty of money in the casino, so I took advantage of the offer. I had nothing to worry about. Service was gracious, friendly and impeccable. The room was huge and the bathroom spacious and well-appointed. The importance of a working showerhead with forceful, hot water cannot be underestimated! Due to their need for a key card, I found the elevators a bit confusing, but I was laughing at myself when I figured it out. I didn't eat in any of the restaurants at the casino, but the cocktail waitresses were very attentive and pleasant.
I understand the complaints of some reviewers here, but I didn't encounter one bad thing. The weather was perfect, even if too warm. There is great eating to be had all over.
Wonderful people and drinks. I always love going to Nawlins, and Harrah's was a nice part of this trip. Thanks, all!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo