“Rude and amateurish desk clerk and concierge”

Harrah's New Orleans
Ranked #11 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
arlington,texas
“Rude and amateurish desk clerk and concierge”
Reviewed May 14, 2009

I knew I would be arriving prior to the 4 pm check in time, so I called the concierge and asked what would be the earliest we could possibly get a room. He told me to come at 11:30 since many people were checking out early that morning and housekeeping would have several rooms cleaned by then. My son and I arrived at 11:30 and attempted to check in. The desk clerk was loud and argumentative and told me that no one at Harrahs would have given me this information and that check in was at 4 pm without exception. Several other customers were within earshot. I felt humiliated. After some heated negotiating, I was handed the key to a room and was allowed to check in. Why I had to go through this I will never understand. As she handed me the key I was chastised further with a, "Next time you should know you can't check in before 4 pm." Unfortunately, my stay was colored by this unfortunate first impression. I will say that the bell staff were some of the nicest I have encountered. The room was pretty and clean. The mattresses and bedding were only average. The casino staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2009
1 Thank BJBArlington_texas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,298)
New Jersey
Reviewed May 8, 2009

We traveled from New Jersey to New Orleans, La., and were greeted with friendly smiles upon our arrival. We were checked into the hotel immediately and found our room to be absolutely stunning looking , and the beds and pillows made it easy for our tired traveled bodies to fall asleep easily. We loved the Casino and found everyone to be happy and very accommodating in helping us to learn our way around the area. . We were able to book a bus tour at the Harrah's Hotel and totally enjoyed the bus tour We love our Atlantic City Harrah's, but New Orleans Harrah's definitely out-shines the Atlantic City Harrah's with its hotel room comfors and warm hospitality of its employees. . We can't wait to visit New Orleans Harrah's Hotel again!! Thanks for great memories.

2 Thank NewJerseyDixielover
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed May 5, 2009

We spent 2 nights in the Harrahs hotel prior to heading to Biloxi on Vacation, we should have just went straight to Biloxi. Personnel in the Hotel made us feel like we owed them something, or that it was a problem to help us. The casino was dark and dingy with a lot of what I would have called vagrants just hanging around inside. The food at the casino was good. Was not a pleasant stay for myself or my wife and we could not check out soon enough. The people around New Orlenas had the same attitude, versus Biloxi who had more devastation hit htme "5 years ago" than New Orleans, but in Biloxi they aren;t looking at the past, only trying to do something for their future! You won;t see my wife or I going back there anytime soon, It will be another 8 years before we think about going back there again.

1 Thank reneg8de50
Huntington Station, New York
Reviewed May 3, 2009

Just returned from a weeks stay at Harrah's New Orleans. I thought the hotel was lovely!!
The staff could not have been more attentive or welcoming. From the moment we arrived they were helpful and processed our reservation quickly and we were in our room in minutes. The room was spacious and very clean with a nice view of the river. The front desk was always helpful with directions and restaurant recommendations. The hotel is in a great location right off of Canal and only a few blocks from the French Quarter. I felt very safe walking at night with my daughter and everything was located close by.

I liked that the Hotel was seperate from the casino because it felt more private and was much quieter than other casino hotes I've stayed in. I would definatedly recommend this hotel for location, rooms and the friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank katalina5
Huntington Station, New York
Reviewed May 2, 2009

Just returned from a week's stay at Harrah's Hotel in New Orleans. I thought it was the nicest casino hotel I have ever stayed in. It is seperate from the casino so it is much more private and quiet. The staff could not have been nicer or more welcoming. They were extremely helpful with all directions and restaurant recommendations . It is in the perfect location right by the Warehouse District and only a few short blocks from the French Quarter. A very safe area and no problem walking to everything at night. I could not recomend it more highly we had a wondrful stay!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
California
Reviewed April 28, 2009

We went to New Orleans for the jazz fest and booked the hotel a month before going there. Our room was $450/night i requested a water view high floor nonsmoking. When we got there they gave us a handicap rm on the 5th floor! I called the concierge for restraunt recomendations-I was placed on hold for 20 mins then she referred us to a place that once we arrived found out it was closed on Monday nights we ended up eating at the Hard Rock Cafe. Check out the Lowes hotel or the W that are both right across the street from Harrahs and the casino.

3 Thank JMo36
Ponchatoula Louisiana
Reviewed April 21, 2009

We went to Harrah's and stayed at the Harrah's partner hotel the Hilton. We loved the hotel. It was beautiful and staff was very friendly. The only draw back was having to pay 30 dollars for valet parking. It is located in a good area and easy to get to all attractions in New Orleans. The casino was alot of fun. We would definately go again.

1 Thank cajunmedic