Harrah's New Orleans
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Old No. 77 Hotel & Chandlery(New Orleans)
  • Restaurant
Hotel de L'Eau Vive(New Orleans)
5,977 results
All reviewsbesh steakhousegreat casinototal rewardsruth chrisfrench quarternon smokingfulton streetmississippi riverwithin walking distanceparking garagevery nice hoteleasy accesslocation is greatmardi grasfew blocksconvention centernola
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 23, 2014

My boyfriend is a gambler so he received comp days at this hotel. It was good for him that the hotel allows smoking so he didn't have to worry about going outside to smoke. Our room was on the 6th floor and looked at an office building and a parking lot, I wish we had the nicer water views but oh well we really didn't spend a lot of time in the room. The room had a small refrigerator which was nice but no microwave. The TV was an older model flat screen with limited channels and it lost the signal frequently.There was a chair a couch and a desk in the room, it was a nice size. We had the king bed and it was really comfortable. The bathroom was great it had a separate water closet an amazing deep tub and a standalone shower. I loved the tub I only wish it was jetted, it was deep and big. We had fun in that tub ;-). The shower never really got hot, the water was just lukewarm which was kinda disappointing. Room service was 24 hours which was greatly appreciated. While room service is never economical he got a very good burger from them one night that came with a huge mound of tasty fries. The hotel was not far from from the french quarter action and bourbon street. I enjoyed my stay. If we were to travel to New Orleans again I probably wouldn't stay here again because I'm not a gambler and I would prefer to be closer to the action but if they give him more comp rooms I would definitely return.Oh yeah I almost forgot there were some big dust bunnies on the floor when we got that very gross and strange.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank flygurlnhpchitown
TotalServiceHNO, Manager at Harrah's New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

Dear Flygurlnhpchitown,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review, we sincerely appreciate your shared experience and value your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel. I love our garden tub! We will transition in to a non-smoking Hotel this summer and I hope this not a deciding factor in a return visit to our Hotel. If we do have the opportunity, it would be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Harrah's New Orleans
Customer Service

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Room was clean, staff were very friendly. I like the small feel of each floor. There aren't never-ending corridors to walk down to get to your door.

Walking distance to just about everything. A block from access to Canal streetcar and Riverfront streetcar, which get you where you want to go.

Nice options for dining on-site, though we didn't utilize them except for a take-out dessert one evening. There's a cute little "alley" with night-life that is much more quiet and family-friendly than the FQ.

Get a view of the French Quarter and the river, ask for a room above the 9th floor to avoid see parking garage.

Parking can get costly for a stay that lasts several days, but gambling 30 minutes at the casino (accessible through a staffed underground walkway) using a player card will eliminate the need to pay when you leave.

Room Tip: Ask to be above the 9th floor, and for a view of the river.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank JenniferLynn920
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Now here is a place for a couple,children okay,but for couples, The serve is out standing. The rooms are to die for. The bathrooms,have a bathtub that is big enough for 2 people to lay down in,or 4 children. The bed? Go and see,(smile). I want to talk on and on about this place,but I do not want to spoil all of the fun. Rate this Hotel a10

Room Tip: All rooms are great,must see
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Evangela B
Reviewed April 21, 2014

This hotel was perfect to stay at. Centrally located to EVERYTHING. Gorgeous view of the river and the cruise ship we had just got off of. Easily walkable to the french quarter and downtown riverfront. It could use a few more restaurants nearby but it isn't too bad. The casino isn't really right there at the hotel but they are connected by an underground tunnel. All staff at the hotel was super helpful. The housekeeping staff could be a bit quicker as we came back one day and our room hadn't been tidied up at about 330pm.

The bathroom is huge and amazing. I loved soaking in the separate enormous soaking tub. BY far the best bathroom in a hotel i have ever stayed in.

One thing we could majorly fix is being able to clearly hear the Natchez steamboat calliope through the window. Maybe get thicker windows?

Room Tip: River view rooms are great :-)
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank sblibra86
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Another excellent stay at Harrah's New Orleans. We arrived early in the morning and weren't expecting our room to be ready. We left a cell number with the desk and they called about noon that our room was prepared. We didn't get a river view room, but a nice city view. The room was exceptionally clean as expected, and I always love the glassed in shower. The staff was outstanding and we were always greeted with a smile and hello when entering and exiting.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple