“Nice Comfortable Hotel”

Harrah's New Orleans
Ranked #11 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I will start off by saying Harrah's provided the two nights I stayed for free, but my review is based as if I had paid for the room. The hotel is immaculately clean. The rooms are extremely nice in size and very modern. The bathroom is the best feature. Huge garden tub with separate shower. Plenty of light and space. My only complaint about my room was that there was no desk. For the size of the room, a desk would have been nice since I had to work on my laptop and table was too small and chairs were not proper size to reach laptop keyboard comfortable. My other complaint was the internet service. I had to pay for the internet service, but It kept shutting down and I needed to enter the password frequently. The bed was ultra comfortable. And location is nice.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank michael c
There are newer reviews for Harrah's New Orleans

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I found the hotel to be clean, plush and the staff very helpful! The casino and restaurants were perfect....not crowded and extremely friendly! Great place to visit just be careful leaving the place at night.....as in most of the NOLA, some of the surrounding areas appears to be dangerous!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We had reserved a king bed non-smoking room got exactly that. The room had a wonderful view of the river. The price was reasonable since were gamblers, The staff was well triained and friendly.The housekeeping staff excellent. The welcomer Leslie made you feel at home and attentive to all around.Walking distance to most things and very comfortable area. My only complaint would be the pepsi machine three bucks alittle pricey, Stayed at many harrahs this is surely the best staff.The doormen were extremely informative with restaurants and directions even though we had no car. Would stay there again without hesitation.

Room Tip: high view river side
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dave H
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Room was large-didn't feel caged in. The bathroom was very large with separate tub/ shower and the toilet is off in its own area.
Hotel staff was very friendly and welcoming.
The casino was a short walk under tunnel from hotel or you could cross the street.
Close to/ walking distance to the French Quarter.

Room Tip: Suggest that room is away from elevator
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We have stayed at The Marriott, Sheraton, Westin, and W hotel in New Orleans (all nice), but had a special offer to stay here. The rooms were amazingly nice and staff were helpful and friendly. We were close to all of the restaurants we like in the Quarter and got to have fun at the casino as well. Will definitely check on reservations here first when heading to New Orleans.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kitkatga13
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I am all about cleanliness when I stay at hotels and this hotel fit the bill where that was concerned. I wasn't too thrilled that when we arrived and we got put into a smoking room. We had to change rooms the next day because it smelled terrible. That was an inconvenience as a room wasn't ready till later the next day so we had to store our luggage. Once we got settled in our new room everything was fine. The room was well appointed, the beds were comfy, adn the bathroom was spacious. All the employees we encountered where great and the location was good. I recommend using the Hop-On-Hop Off bus for transportation/sightseeing as it has two stops by Harrah's which are convenient. My only complaint is that housekeeping threw out our souvenir cups! We were disappointed as we wanted to bring them home with us.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel. From the minute I walked in the door, I was treated like an honored guest. I arrived at 8:30 am, hours before check-in time, but I was given a room immediately. My room was spotless, and I love having a refrigerator for cold drinks and leftovers from the awesome NOLA restaurants. Harrah's location is perfect. Right off of Canal Street and a short walk to the French Quarter. Since I was traveling solo, I went to the Quarter during the daylight hours and spent the evenings at the casino. Since there is an underground walkway from the casino to the hotel, there were no safety concerns at all.
Speaking of the casino, Harrah's New Orleans is my absolute favorite! I love being able to order drinks right from the slot machines, and the service was very fast and friendly. The air cleaners work well, and it wasn't as smoky as Vegas casinos. I also won over thousand dollars, and I wasn't the only one winning at slot machines. In my opinion, this is the very best Harrah's Hotel and Casino in the country. In fact, the only issue keeping this from being a 5 star review is the lack of free Wifi. Other than that, it's perfect!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo