“Wonderful Hotel - Extremely Tight Slots - High Parking Fees”

Harrah's New Orleans
Ranked #11 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We really love going to Harrah's Properties across the country (Caesars Brands now) because I am a Diamond Member and we get a lot of comps. We loved the actual Hotel room and the wonderful view. We stayed on the 22nd floor facing the Mississippi River and it was a wonderful view. The room was very spacious with a love seat, chair, coffee table, king bed with 2 night stands, desk and chair, refrigerator, 32" TV and coffee pot. The bathroom was very nice with a large soaking tub, separate shower, toilet area in its own room and bathrobes. We liked when you turned on the do not disturb switch it lit up and disabled the door bell and you didn't have to mess with a door hanger.

The main thing that I really hated was the $34.00 a day for valet. However, we did park in the parking garage the next 3 days we were there and with my Diamond Card they comped it. I assume if you show play in their casino you would get it comped anyway.

The Casino slots were some of the tightest I have ever played and all the table games are $10.00 minimum; which is fine for most games, but when you like to play Caribbean Stud or Let It Ride like I do, that means you can have $40.00 or more out on the table per hand, which can get pretty pricy if you don't win anything. I have never been to a casino where I didn't win anything worth talking about on the slots. I play between $1.00 to $3.00 per spin and never won anything really to talk about...which is very rare for me. I just felt like I was throwing money out the window and doubt I will return to this casino. I loved the room, but was very disappointed in the parking fees and the play you get for your gambling money. There are just way too many other nice Casinos to go to in the Central US where you get real play for your money and that is what gambling is all about.

2  Thank Karen L
There are newer reviews for Harrah's New Orleans

Reviewed July 6, 2013

The hotel is centerally located so for us we can and stayed one night and toured this historic city for 2 days. The rooms were beautful and luxurious, but $300.00/night price tag to sleep and shower is well a bit much. I would prefer to spend my dollars sight seeing and enjoying the southern cuisine. It in the convention area, so the casino is in a totally different building which was fine for my liking. The staff and the concierge personel were exceptional. I lost my camera walking throught the casino to check into the hotel and realized it four to five hours later; and low and behold it was returned to me. Thank you. Finding a place to eat breakfast was a challenge and nothing was close except for a coffee stand that offered fruit and some danishes. New Orleans was great city to visit and what a great history. Remains of Katrina are still there but what a great job revitalizing. Beautiful city, hot and steamy, great music, great history, awesome food and loved all the buildings and homes.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank irishqueenohio
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The entry way was grand; the staff right there to help us get checked in. I am a Diamond rated player and they found me the room dreams are made of. I got upgrades to a corner suite, and this was a dream come try. Living room, dining room, large bathroom, with double sinks, tub, and shower, and a separate door into the water closet. The bed was out of this world in comfort,
Enough said. The room was large, clean, will appointed in all ways, excellent views of the bay or whatever that is. The amenities were all perfect; towels luxurious.
There were 2 tvs and radio were RAD. We had such a great time in the hotel that we almost forgot we were there to eat and see New Orleans.

The staff are excellent..... IT was a five block to the French Quarter and the Riverwalk, so this place is ideally located. And, the casino is across the street, with underground passage.

Did not notice if there was a pool.

And we were only two blocks away from the trolley stop. We rode to three different parts of the town on three different trollies. Great way to get a feel for the city .

WOULD DO IT AGAIN IN A HEART BEAT ! !

2  Thank RainbowNM
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We Always go to this place. This time we came 2 days in a row. June 22 and 23, 2013. We ate breakfast at the buffet on June 22 and the next day we ate lunch at the buffet. It was very good, we had champagne also with our dinner. Their Jonas Crab was very good. Other foods were good also. We just loved their food this time. Our server were very nice. All employees we encountered we're all nice
We were unable to get a room this time as none was available. Maybe next time, as we loved their hotel. So we stayed at another place.

We played slots even though machines were tight we had fun and won't mind keep on coming back here.

Parking was also tight here

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I spend our 49th wedding anniversary at Harrah's. From the moment we entered the lobby and were met by a very helpful greeter, we were blown away by the customer oriented employees. Our room was beautiful and overlooked the river. A perfect place with that New Orleans experience that we were expecting.

We'll return many times.

1  Thank emma8834
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We visit New Orleans usually once or twice a year and if at all possible we stay at Harrah's. The hotel rooms are all spacious and beautifully decorated. Large bathrooms with separate tubs and showers. The French Quarter is adjacent as well as the Central Business District.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mrush16848
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Visited Harrah's New Orleans....again. Wonderful stay. The customer service is always great. The hotel is nice and the room was large. Easy walking distrance to the French Quarter. Or for a more unique experience walk a couple of blocks down St. Peter's and catch the old style trolley. Purchase a one day pass and you can ride the trolley to Bourbon street for the French Quarter experience, through the Art District or down to the area near Jackson Square for great food and entertainment. The hotel only offers valet parking but you a parking garage is nearby and you if you play at the casino you can get your parking validated and park for free. Only drawback is that since the hotel is really a convenience for the casino they do not have a pool.

Room Tip: I like to have a view of the river but all the rooms are nice and you can't go wrong with the Fr...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends