I have stayed at some of Harrah's other properties (Vegas/Laughlin/Reno), so I knew what to expect upon arriving at this location. Boy, was I wrong! This property is far lovelier than the others, boasting exceptional craftsmanship and attention to detail.
The rooms are luxurious and welcoming, superb quality linens, comfy and non-squeaky bed (laugh if you want, but we all know how embarrassing this is). The furnishings are rich- dark woods, granite, glass, with immaculate upholstery on the sofa and chairs. I fell in love with the bathroom's stone floors, separate room with commode, heavy glass encased shower, and incredibly deep soaking tub. The hotel's common areas are as sumptuous as the guest rooms- with high ceilings, immaculate carpets, peerless floor boards, elevators, and restrooms.
The casino is grand and rich-looking (same theme as hotel), with many tables and slots. While smoking is permitted, the air is surprisingly clean. Since I only play slots, I cannot describe the table games except to say that there are scads of them and they seem quite boisterous at night. The slots are plenty and range from older types (actual physical wheels that spin) to new digital slots. I was very pleased with the selection and was able to gamble for a few hours each night on my limited budget ($40/night- you guessed it: penny slots).
The location of this hotel is perfect for walkers. About 6 blocks (big blocks) to the French Quarter, 1 block from the Riverfront trolley station (takes you to French Quarter, Frenchmen Street), and about 3 blocks from St. Charles St trolley, City Park, and cemetery trollies. There is a vast Riverfront mall about a block away which has every item you could've possible forgotten at home with a huge food court brimming with local fare. Warning: wear good walking shoes, I made this mistake and wore flat sandals without rubber soles, my feet were killing me by the end of day one.
So, you ask, with all of this praise, why not 5-stars? For the following reasons:
-Additional charge for wi-fi
-No free calls
-No free breakfast, not even continental (buffet at Harrah's casino is expensive)
-No free parking
For the cost, these amenities should really be included.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Harrah's New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harrah`s New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Harrahs Hotel New Orleans
- Harrahs New Orleans Hotel
- Harrahs New Orleans Casino New Orleans