“I thought Harrahs of New Orleans was fabulous” 5 of 5 stars

Harrah's Hotel New Orleans
Ranked #11 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dallas, Texas
“I thought Harrahs of New Orleans was fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stayed Labor day weekend, I booked way in advance so I got a much better rate. They had storm issues during the week and I was afraid we were not going to be able to stay there. This hotel is absolutely beautiful. We are a total rewards member and have stayed at alot of different Harrahs and this one so far was our #1 pick. It was just beautiful from the lobby to the elevator to the room. This was our third trip to New Orleans and the first one where we could find a reasonable rate to be able to afford to stay at this hotel, and it was well worth it. The bathroom is huge, the colors used in the room was so gorgeous. The hotel is centrally located so you can walk all around the downtown area. We have won at the casino the last two times we have been there and it has a mardi gras theme and is so beautiful. Also I love that when you put your players card in you can order a drink from the slot machine and do not have to flag a waitress down.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (763)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

My Granddaughter and I visited in August 2012. The rooms are beautiful, the views from higher floors is special and the staff were very friendly and helpful every day of our 4 day stay. Location is great for touring the French Quarter. We took the streetcar which is only 1 block away to get to the Jackson Square area and the French Market areas. French Quarter starts only 1 block away if one would just want to walk to the sites. And in the evening there is an underground walkway from the hotel to the casino so it's very safe to come and go. We loved the hotel and will definitely stay here when we visit again.

Room Tip: I like the higher floors for the view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank TravelinLadyAnn
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed at many of the Caesars Entertainment properties and this one ranks right there. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and always said hello as you ere coming and going. Bathrooms have a nice shower along with a tub. A great location that's walking distance to a lot of great restaurants and the French Quarter. The casino is every bit as large as a Las Vegas casino. Unfortunately the slot machines do not pay, AT ALL!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The hotel was very nice, hotel employees beyond helpful, room was great with great riverview overlooking July 4th firework show. I
The casino was tight but thats normal. I did go through the tunnel to get to the casino which they say is safer but when you are alone in the tunnel by yourself at anytime, one wonders about how safe they really are walking alone. Yes, I am sure there is security but just the idea how fast can security get to you if you are assaulted or robbed in the tunnel. I started just walking out the casino door and across the intersection to get to the hotel.

I did have an experience with a homeless man, I assume he was homeless with his pillowcase full of whatever playing the slots beside me. I won a small jackpot and he started cursing me out. I notified a slot attendent and the man had taken off. She said, next time just push the help button if he does it again. I thought, that doesnt solve the problem the man is still in the casino bothering people. I went to the other side of the casino and there he was again. He came up to me and said something about you gonna win another jackpot which should be mine. I just left and went back to my hotel room and next morning was glad it was time to go home.

I didnt like the way I felt, unsafe inside the casino and in the tunnel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up and facing the river.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KraZynTn
Gulfport, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I recently attended a conference at Harrah's Hotel and Casino in New Orleans. Overall, I will say the stay was fine. The staff were very friendly and remembered me by name every time I walked through the lobby. The room was nice and comfortable. I had the pleasure of being upgraded to a suite so my room was a nice little escape. I was an early check-in and somehow the room had shown in the computer as ready but when I went in the room, it had not been completely serviced (i.e. dirty washcloths in the shower, last customers soaps still in the shower, trash items not emptied). I called the front desk and within minutes the housekeeping staff was there and had the room serviced for me.

The convention center space looks very nice for the conference that I was attending. However, the internet was painfully slow throughout the convention center. The rooms we were in had a projector that was not functioning properly and could not be focused. While the staff was very gracious and replaced it with a newer one, the inconveniences slowed the pace of the conference and got it off to a bit of a rocky start. If they update their network infrastructure and audio/visual equipment it would help the rating on this location tremendously. As a business traveler I rely on my ability to communicate via the internet and this was very much an issue here. It just didn't seem like a Harrah's standard of service.

As far as the location goes, all I can say is that you are within walking distance of great entertainment and great food. Bourbon street is about a 7 minute walk from the hotel, several great restaurants are within less than 5 minutes walk.

All in all, nothing just overwhelming with this hotel/convention center. I would stay here again, but if I was presenting I would make sure I had my own wireless hotspot and my own projector. Yikes!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Excellent hotel stay. Very good location with lots of attractions nearby. Hotel well managed & maintained. Very good staff that are very helpful & friendly. Rooms are very nice also. The business center has free computers/printer that can be used 24/7

Room Tip: Upper floor riverside
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Joe c
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights in August. The employees were very friendly, each time we passed the front desk they would say have a good day. We like to gamble so stopped in the casino often on way back from wandering the French Quarter. The hotel's proximity to the streetcar stop came in handy also. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple