“Awesome week!”

Ranked #20 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
boston, ma
“Awesome week!”
Reviewed May 17, 2008

I had an absolutely wonderful week at the Quarter House. After reading some of the Trip Advisor reviews I was a little worried about what I would find.

My friends and I checked in early and went to our room. It was wonderful!

The kitchen was stocked with all of the things we could possibly need. Everything was in working order.

The stereo had speakers that worked in every room. We brought an adapter for our iPods and had a great time playing music in the room before we went out on the town.

The bathroom was big and clean. The jacuzzi tub was amaaaazing!

It was such a treat to have a washer/dryer in the room as well. I went on vacation for a week but got to bring home no dirty clothes.

The location is great. Right off canal street and only a few minutes walking from Bourbon and Decatur. The streetcar is right on Canal. There is so much good food and shopping in the area.

People mentioned the strip clubs around the hotel but it's not like there were strippers and shady characters on that street. I felt completely safe the entire time.

I had nothing stolen from my room while I was staying there. Most of the time we kept our valuables in the safe that was in the room but there were occasions where we left laptops and digital cameras out all day and nothing happened. I saw no roaches or anything of the nature while I was there.

Everything was clean and just simply wonderful.

I had an amazing time and I would tell anyone to stay at the Quarter House and I will definitely be staying there again.

• Liked — great location
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank cupcake_airplane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
New Boston, MI
Reviewed April 29, 2008

This is our second stay at this resort. Both times were great! The last trip we stayed in one of the pent-houses! Oh my God!! Two bedrooms, three full sized baths, on two and a half levels. Per sq. footage this place is larger than my house. NO mice, rats, roaches or theft!! I loved the tubs. I'd go to Lush and buy wonderful bath bombs and have a ball!! The only problem? I had was my coffee maker broke. It was replaced within the hour with a brand new one still in the box! This place was also very clean.I lived in it all week like it was my home. Just beautiful! Friends stayed with us two of the nights and they said it was the nicest place they had ever stayed. I didn't care if they didn't have the breakfast at the resort. I didn't come for a hotel breakfast! I came for New Orleans BRUNCHES!! Close to everything. Staff was great. We love New Orleans!

• Liked — It's location. Close to everything.
  • Disliked — I have no
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank fairyway
Regina, SK Canada
Reviewed April 15, 2008

We stayed from Mar. 30 - April 6. We did not see any signs of rodents of any kind. Staff were very friendly and helpful. TVs could be upgraded and it would be nice if they provided robes and towels for the pool and hot tub. All and all we had a great stay.

• Liked — Friendly staff and location.
  • Disliked — View of air conditioner and roof from our room,
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Lori_2004
Oceanside,Ca
Reviewed April 9, 2008

I’m surprised when I read negative reviews about the Quarter House. I’ve visited it about a dozen times throughout the last 10 years, in a variety of rooms, and not had anything other than a pleasant experience. I’m in the midst of a weeklong stay currently.

All hotels will have an issue once in a while and it’s important to me how they handle an issue. We had a squeaky mattress one year and an hour after mentioning it to the front desk; we had a brand new mattress. The hotel is in the Fr Quarter and it’s not a cookie cutter type place. All the rooms are different in size and configuration. Yes, the tubs are a little slim but there are upgrades made very time we come here and I’ll bet that will be addressed.

New Orleans is not exactly the wireless capital of the universe . I have an ancient Dell Inspiron 1000 with me and have had very few issues with the connection.

I would be wary of rooms facing Exchange Pl. The Holiday Inn is across the street and the trash pickup in the wee hours of the moring can be really noisy.

Larry in San Diego

• Liked — Location and the staff
  • Disliked — Noisy hotel next door
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
Appalatchicola
Reviewed March 25, 2008

I love the city of New Orleans, and really hope they bounce back from the terrible disaster of Hurricane Katrina. My visit to athe Quarter House however, was anything but pleasant. One problem after another. They rave about 5-star accomodations, but I beg to differ. To my knowledge, 5-star resorts do not have rodent problems, let alone obvious INFESTATION, and provide wireless internet. It is an extreme inconvenience to have to get dressed and go sit in the lobby to TRY to get a wireless signal,(which is available about 5% of the time). The front desk personnel, however, were always polite and very eager to help. Especially Debra and David. My advice to those two is to look for employment at real hotels.

• Liked — The Staff
  • Disliked — The room, the lack of wi-fi, the parking, etc....
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
Chicago, IL
Reviewed March 23, 2008

The information about stolen items - COMPLETELY TRUE. We were out for the day (they were 'out' of 'do not disturb signs' and came back and we had a 80GB Ipod and $300 Bose headphones stolen. The case was still in the room. We told the front desk and they did not seemed phased in the slightest. They ran card check to see who went in the room that day and the card system was 'down' so they could not figure out who went into the room. We said we were going to file a police report and they knew exactly how much an 80GB ipod was worth. They said they were going to try to work on it starting tomorrow morning (after we have to check out of the room). Update to come.

• Stayed March 2008
1 Thank jakerstrom
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed March 23, 2008

I exchanged this property with my 3 br, Gold Crown South African luxury resort. The first two nights were booked as a regular hotel room because the allowed check-in date for the Condo exchange is on Friday. I needed to be here Wed/Thurs nights as well. For the first two nights, I was given a reasonably clean but tacky room on the 4th floor with one small window facing a wall. This was at $140 per night. On Friday, I was required to change to another room/condo for my timeshare exchange. I assumed that I would be moving into something nicer or comparable to my personal exchange property. Was I wrong! I was moved into an even smaller, tackier attic room on the ROOF with the AC units for the entire building throbbing outside of my lone dormer window 24 hrs day. The bathroom was tiny and disgusting. The "jacuzzi" tub was probably the first one ever made....before there actually was a "jacuzzi" brand. It was only about 20 inches wide and had medieval controls and instructions. Based upon the look of it, the likelihood of it working was slim and none and I shuddered to think of the junk that would come out of the jets based upon the other non-working items in the room. I had to call the front desk on day one to have the water turned on in the condo and upon hearing the gurgling thru the pipes, was astounded to discover BLACK water spewing from the faucets! Gross!! Obviously not going to drink out of the taps. The carpet, linens, furnishings, etc. in both rooms were from the 1970's and looked like they had been used hard over the past 30 years. The kitchen counter was dirty and full of some type of white "crumbs". The courtyard pool and "hot tub" looked filthy and unkempt. I did not have problems with theft or rats (that I could see anyway!), but did hear lots of strange noises in the room at night., As a matter of fact, I woke up several times swearing there was someone moving around the room but no one was there and the deadbolt was locked. Maybe haunted!! The decor and upkeep are really awful. Peeling wallpaper, crumbling woodwork, dirty carpet, and a tub that hadn't been grouted in years and was literally pulling away from the wall. I have stayed in numerous NOLA hotels, inns & B-B's over the years and by far this is one of the worst. Bottom line....stay away from this place. There are much nicer resorts and hotels in the area for better prices.

• Liked — Location two blocks from Bourbon and Canal Street
  • Disliked — Ancient, dirty, nasty bathroom, etc.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business