“Great Place To Stay!”

Ranked #59 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Great Place To Stay!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We stayed here for four nights, and it was fantastic! Location is super! The desk staff are the greatest. Very nice, fun, knowledgeable about the area. We got a room upgrade so we could have rooms close together. The young gentleman who brought breakfast in the morning was so sweet, and gave excellent service. The young lady who cleaned the room did a super job. Honestly could not have been more pleased. Want to give an extra kudos to Murphy who only worked one night, but gave great suggestions of places to eat, and was just great at his job. I would highly recommend this motel. The price was also great! Thanks for adding to a great trip, will stay here when I come to New Orleans again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Belly2014
Vickie P, General Manager at Andrew Jackson Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post such a complimentary review following your recent stay here at the Andrew Jackson Hotel. I'm so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the service provided to you by our team! I will be sure to share your kind words with everyone. We truly look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to New Orleans, hopefully in the not too distant future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Worcester
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Unsure of what to expect due to the mixed reviews I was pleasantly surprised. I was put in a room at the top of the stairs to start with but the toilet wasn't working and the shower was dripping - I was moved immediately to a room on the balcony above the courtyard which was lovely. It was clean and comfortable. It would have been nice to have a chair as I did have some work to do and there was nowhere to sit other than on the bed even though there was a desk. Breakfast was delivered each morning at the exact time requested, croissant, coffee and juice. The staff were extremely helpful, especially Katherine, and they ensured my stay was the best it could be. I travelled on my own and had no issues with walking back to the hotel in the evening. The location is absolutely perfect, close to all of the attractions. There are tales of hauntings but I didn't experience anything other than seeing the ghost tours stop outside on a regular basis! I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I would recommend the first floor rooms on the balcony overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank L_Fenton
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Andrew Jackson Hotel, and for taking the time to post your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and I am looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Stay at the Andrew Jackson. Seriously.

The location is fabulous -- you're within a short walk of Jackson Square, St. Louis Cathedral, Cafe du Monde, Central Grocery, Bourbon Street, Armstrong Park, and the Dumaine Station for the Riverfront street car.

Now let's talk about the hotel. It's haunted. How do I know? Well, every night I was there -- about 9 or 10 PM the strangest thing would happen! A haunted ghost tour would stop in front of the hotel and the guide would tell the participants all about it. ;-)

The room and property are quite nice. A nice young man named Toby was there when I checked in (late night) and he put me in a room that was just perfect for my needs.

The room I was in (106) is small and there are few frills. But you're not there to lay in your room. The bedding was very comfortable and clean, the temperature was perfect, no smoke smell, nice and quiet. The bathroom was super small and yeah, there may have been a crack or two on the tile and maybe the faucets weren't the latest and greatest but this didn't detract at all from my stay. What else ... oh, the TV was a nice new flat screen, the maid service was great, the heat/AC worked well, and the place smelled good. The best part is that the hotel provides a free, in-room breakfast of coffee and croissants. You can enjoy them in your bed or you can step outside and dine in the courtyard. This is a great way to ease into the day.

The hotel is in a fairly safe neighborhood and as mentioned earlier there are lots of other tours and mule drawn carriages coming and going.

I've been to New Orleans 4x and stayed in The French Quarter each time and I must say this was probably my favorite place so far. If you like to be immersed in the place you are visiting, The Andrew Jackson is the way to go.

Room Tip: The rooms along the courtyard on the first floor are nice because you can just wander outside anytim...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Knizzle
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I want to especially thank you for your lovely comments about your stay at our hotel. We hope to see you back soon.
Staunton, Virginia
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Me and a friend stayed here for the D&T shows at the Saenger. The hotel was everything we needed. When we travel, we don't stay in the room. Its basically used for showering and sleeping. We cut the tv on once in the 4 days we were there.

The breakfast was great even with it just being croissants, coffee, and juice. Just enough to fill you up. We got back to the room too late the first night to put our breakfast card on the door.

Hotel is close to everything you need.
- Few blocks to Jackson Square
- One block from Bourbon Street
- Few blocks from French Market
- Few blocks from the waterfront streetcar
- Plenty of shops nearby
- Canal Street also within walking distance

Location is PERFECT. If/when we come back, we'll definitely look at staying here again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank deejamahl
Vickie P, General Manager at Andrew Jackson Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to post your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and I am looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.
Atascadero, California
Reviewed January 24, 2014

First of all, the only reservation available was for a package deal.
When I called and tried to find out more information about the deal
arrangements, I was met with an unpleasant snippy person who was
insulting and no help.
When we arrived, they had only reserved one room for us. My paperwork
and prepayment clearly indicated I had paid the deposit for two rooms, so
they added a second room, which was tiny and no where near our first room. I was told the manager would get the package information to us the following morning. Two days later, it never happened. They said they would refund $100 per room, which really did not make up the difference that I paid for the package. They did not refund $100 per room, they shorted us there too. I believe the problem is poor management.
The evening desk girl was sweet, the one at night slept (best because she was rude), the fellow in the morning had helpful advice about where to eat breakfast, it was at the Old Coffee Pot (great by the way).
One room was nice, the other was not, it was seriously OVER PRICED at what
we ended up paying.
Muriel's on Jackson Square (which was supposed to be part of the package) is a great restaurant, but I can't recommend Andrew Jackson Hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank B P
Vickie P, General Manager at Andrew Jackson Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review. The experiences you described are not characteristic of the level of service we strive to provide, and we apologize that your stay was unsatisfactory. Your feedback was shared with our management team, and I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you personally to resolve the issues you had during your stay. My hope is that you will stay with us again so that I can show you what a wonderful guest experience we can offer. I can be reached @504.524.4401. I look forward to speaking with you.
NJ
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

First night blood station sheets, we didn't get a congenital breakfast the first two nights and yes we did fill out the card and place it on the door, our neighbors got it both mornings. The shower had no water pressure and the toliet seat was broken. We wanted culture, didn't want a dirty hotel with half service. We called the manger of this hotel and st pierre Vicki, she told us she would get back to us three days ago, keep researching.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chia00
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review. As per our phone conversation, I truly apologize for the unacceptable experience you described, which is not the level of service we try to provide. Your feedback was shared with the entire staff @ the Andrew Jackson in an effort to ensure this does not happen again. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you again personally to discuss the issues you had while with us and the action taken. I want to invite you back to the Andrew Jackson so that our team can show you the wonderful service that we can provide. Again, please accept my sincere apology. I can be reached at 504.524.4401. I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Venice, Italy
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My partner and I have been traveling for four weeks across the USA and New Orleans was our last stop. During the road trip, we have been shopping and we had some food left that we took to our room at the Andrew Jackson. I wished we never did it.
That night we were watching a movie and we heard a noise from one of the plastic bags. Then a mouse run out of it. It was a small one, but still ... A MOUSE. (Yes, I watched Ratatouille, but trust me, doesn't make any difference when you are in that situation).
With the mouse still in our room, I went downstairs and told the guy at the desk what just happened. He didn't look too surprised actually. He didn't apologize but offered me to move us to another room.
I accepted, but while we were moving our things to the second room we saw another mouse. In the second room.
I like animals, I'm not picky with accommodations, but I didn't really fancy the idea of sleeping with mice going around in my room.
I went back to the guy and told him we were leaving. He accepted to cancel my booking and refund me. After a while (when probably he was moved by the sight of me slowly collecting my things in the lobby) he also offered to help and suggested another hotel, the Royal Hotel, which is very close.
We moved there (thank God) and for just 30$ more we had a better and cleaner room in a very nice hotel with super friendly and professional staff.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank seremariposa
Vickie P, General Manager at Andrew Jackson Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review. The experiences you described are not characteristic of the level of service we strive to provide, and we apologize that your stay was unsatisfactory. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you about the issues you described in your review, please call me at 504.524.4401. Thank you, Vickie Powell