...you get what you pay for.
The smallest and most inexpensive rooms, the ones with two twin beds, are VERY small; e.g., no room for seating beyond the the two twin-sized beds and toilet. The small dresser/television stand and one nightstand/table were quite beat up and in need of replacement. Beds were soft, and very noisy when one moved around atop them. Wall sockets for electricity were so worn that plugs for devices fell out or nearly so; some sockets were inoperable. The toilet seat and lid attachment hardware was broken so that lifting both seat and lid together causes the entire assembly to come off. Carpets were so soiled that walking upon them in bare feet quickly produced visibly dirty feet.
- The staff was very friendly and helpful (the owners should be grateful for them, and give them better appointed and maintained facilities and furniture to work with)
- The location was wonderfully central for touring the French Quarter on foot.
- Historical building.
In closing, I knew from reading previous reviews that the room I was reserving for me and my teenage son would be very small, and that the hotel's amenities were few. I was willing to accept that because I intended to spend very little time in the room, and rather spend days and evenings out and about in the French Quarter. Nonetheless, I expected a well-maintained room, with functional and aesthetically pleasing furniture and décor, and clean carpeting. Caveat emptor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the French Quarter on Royal Street, the Andrew Jackson Hotel features fine Southern Hospitality and charming French Quarter accommodations. The Andrew Jackson Hotel is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and features 21 quaint guest rooms and suites. Our distinctly decorated guestrooms offer Old World charm and modern conveniences. Enjoy one of our spacious guestrooms or suites overlooking the lush tropical courtyard and French Quarter fountain. Our Royal Balcony Suites feature expansive views of Royal Street and the French Quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Andrew Jackson Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Andrew Jackson New Orleans
- Hotel Andrew Jackson