Andrew Jackson Hotel
$153
Preferred Hotels
$209
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$178
$126
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$117
CrownePlaza.com
$249
$189
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$111
$99
  • Breakfast included
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$144
$118
$303
$259
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$179
$138
$102
  • Pool
All reviewswarm croissantssilver trayfrench quarterbourbon streetstay there againroyal streetghost tourevery morningcontinental breakfastperfect locationhistoric hotelsmall hotelno elevatorjackson squareold world charmloved this hotelbalcony room
Reviewed June 2, 2008

I booked this hotel stay in a rush.. not reading reviews, which is important. I read the reviews after we booked(before we got there) Let me inform you of what its really like. It is in a nice area. It is one block from bourban, two blocks from decauter. The secure parking lot is three blocks away by the St. Pierre hotel. The hotel is supposely haunted. It feels that way when you walk in. I want not advise you to stay with children at this hotel. The rooms are incrediable small. The rooms are old looking. THE BED, at least the room we stayed in, ARE SO HARD. Which one review said.... We brought our own pillow and blanket. It is almost like staying in someone else's bed. The hosts were very nice, but werid! The hotel is supposely haunted by two kids... its scary. Not a comforable place to stay. It kinda smells in the hotel..Not a strong nasty smell...but just like an old smell! We were sooooo werided out by the first 4 hours we were there...that we honestly were going to eat our money and go to another hotel room in New Orleans. Also..There is NO returns for any reason.... There is a two night minimum..... I believe if you cancel your first night before you stay you only pay the rate of one night! Not exactly what I would call a nice cosy stay! Please read reviews before you stay!!!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cmeyers
Reviewed April 3, 2008

This small hotel has a great location on Royal in the French Quarter. It is a little worn, not the best mattresses, but having stayed in other older properties in New Orleans, this one is not that bad. I am not sure it is worth the 149.00 per night weekend price. My complaint is the front desk clerk and his attitude. He was just plain rude to anyone who asked any questions with exaggerated physical gestures. He critisized the hotel guests "stupid questions" after they left his presence and did it loud enough that other guests could hear. I would not go back because of this person.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank texaspooky
Reviewed February 7, 2008

Do not stay at the Andrew Jackson Hotel. I have never experienced any hotel stay like this one in my life. I have stayed at hotels during Christmas and New Years and have never encountered anything like this. (please check my other reviews). My wife & I really wanted to stay at this hotel, instead of a chain hotel. I called the hotel on Dec. 26th to confirm my reservation of a double bed room. The staff said my reservation was fine. I told the staff we would arrive at 10:00 p.m. on Dec. 29th. The moment we checked in there was a problem. The staff told us the heat was broken in our double bed room. (the hotel web site states that the rooms are heated, it was 40 degree weather). I was told they were working on fixing it. Fine, we took a single bed room, our friend was not arriving until the next day. The next morning my wife asked about our double bed room. My wife was shown a double bed room and the front desk clerk stated the maid needed to clean the room first, then it would be ready for us. We went to breakfast, then returned to the hotel an hour later. Upon arriving, the same desk clerk informed us that we could not have the room. When we asked why, we were told we had to call Travelocity, since we did not have a contract with the hotel. My wife asked if their sister hotel St. Pierre had any double bed rooms. The clerk said no. In all the years and places I have travelled, I have never heard of being shown a room, then told I could not have it. Usually, if there is a problem, guests are upgraded, not downgraded. There was no physical way 3 grown adults could even fit into the small single bed they gave us the night before. I called my credit card company with whom I reserved the room with. After they contacted the hotel, they told me to check the hotel St. Pierre. My wife & I walked 3 blocks to that hotel. They indeed had "2" double bed rooms available (we were just told by Andrew Jackson Hotel staff there were no rooms available). We stayed at hotel St. Pierre until 12/1/08. Please read my review of that hotel. To be fair to the Andrew Jackson hotel, I emailed the G.M. after we returned home, asking why we could not have a double bed room that we had reserved. He replied that he was "vaguely familiar with the situation" and that he would get back with me. I never heard from him again. My credit card company contacted the hotel & the G.M. stated he would resolve the situation with me personally. When I told the credit card company he had not gotten back with me, they contacted him again. The G.M. told the credit card company that the hotel server crashed and he had no information about what happened during my stay. He offered me a 2 free night stay at the hotel. I declined. Why would I go back to this hotel? First my room wasnt available, then it was available, then after it was shown to us, it wasn't available. Their sister hotel had no double rooms available, then it had 2, but the one room with heat (in 40 degree weather) was an extra charge of $20 a night? It has taken me over 1 month to get this situation resolved & I still have no explanation of what happened. I love New Orleans, and I will go back again, but I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank kilmistr
Reviewed January 9, 2008

We just payed for a 3 night min stay for $199 per night during the BCS National Championship game at this hotel. Please note that the French Quarter had a 100% occupancy rate, so we did knew that we would pay top dollar. The price really was not the issue. It was the hotel. I was dissappointed after reading some really good reviews of this hotel. I found it to be relatively clean but run down and definately not service oriented.

Examples.. Toilet ran constantly. Had to shut off water valve. Did inform hotel staff.

No hairdryer in room along with cheap bathroom toiletries that produced no suds. 2 Towels and 2 Washclothes. No handtowels.

No trashcan in the bathroom. I moved the one in the room to the bathroom only to find it back in the room after the cleaning lady came through.

Not a single picture on the wall - unless you consider the cobwebs as decor.

A non-working remote control on a very small TV.

The thread count on the sheets felt less than 200 and there were two flat pillows cheap pillows. The blanket between the awful bedspread looked to be about 15 years old. Dingy and pilled.

Floor that actually sunk in.

When my husband and I moved over to the Intercontinental for $97 per night, we thought we were at the Ritz compared to the Andrew Jackson.

I might also note that this hotel is on the ghost tours of New Orleans. Coming out in the morning, I had some people ask if we experienced any paranormal. We did not. They informed us that the ghost tour stated this was one of the most haunted hotels in New Orleans.

• Stayed: January 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Kathyfm1
Reviewed January 3, 2008

Just returned from a 3-night stay at the Andrew Jackson. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the rooms were comfortable. The location is excellent, a little away from the craziness of Bourbon but still well within walking distance of everything. Overall, this was a great stay. I will concur with other posters about the breakfast, it's a joke with only donuts and coffee, but I didn't care too much about that. I don't quite understand why the hair dryers have to be borrowed from the front desk, but that's not a big deal either. My biggest problems wer the lack of a thermostat in the room (I understand that it's an old building but it was either sweltering or freezing) and the first morning I was there, there was no hot water, even after I waited 30 minutes. Taking a freezing cold shower will wake you up though!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with friends