“Good Value and Location”

Andrew Jackson Hotel
Ranked #55 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We really wanted to stay in the French Quarter on our first trip to NOLA. This was a great way to stay in the FQ and get a great rate. It is an adorable and quaint hotel. It is VERY small. Our room had two double beds and the door would only open up half way due to hitting one bed. We didn't mind because of the location, price and historic appeal of the hotel. We had our Continental breakfast served in the garden which was a great way to start the day. The mattresses, carpets and paint need updating. Some at the front desk were helpful, others not as much. I'd love the owners to put some TLC into the rooms to entice us to return.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

My daughter and I decided to go on a spur of the moment trip to New Orleans. I called this hotel on the way down. Toby was super nice and patient, answering all of my questions. When we got there the place was charming and well kept. We loved our room. Everything was clean and we had everything we needed. They valet parked my car so I didn't have to worry about that. (its a little pricy but worth it not having to hassle with the streets). The hotel is one block from Bourbon St and a couple of blocks from the French Market, Jackson Square and River front. When We got ready to check out . Ms. Charlotte took care of us,, She is amazing!! Let us store our luggage so we could walk around a little more and very hospitable when we returned and waited for our car.. I had a great experience and this hotel will defiantly be the first one I call when I come back!! Thank you guys for making our trip that much more enjoyable.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Melanie P
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Very good price for the location. Breakfast is a croissant they bring in your room in the morning. Beware that if you tell them you want breakfast at X time, they will knock on your door at X time, and you and your party would be wise to be dressed and ready for company. The staff was all incredibly pleasant and took very good care of us. The furniture and fixtures are outdated, but very clean. If I could give one harsh critique it would be of the showerhead; they feel like sandblasters if you are too close and a mister if you are far away and have little water pressure. For the price I think it is a good deal, if management were to update fixtures they could command twice the price. If you are looking for modern appointments you will be disappointed, you get what you pay for here. I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Laurie B
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is one of the cheaper places to stay in the French Quarter (you get what you pay for), but its location is superb. 2 minutes from Bourbon St, 5 minutes from Frenchman St, 4 minutes to Cafe Du Mond and the Mississippi etc etc. The staff are great, and their new breakfast service (in the courtyard or in your room is a winner). George, the server is very friendly, so don't be shy in asking for extra coffee and croissants (i did). Catherin at the front desk is your classic New Orleans lass, with lots of flair and southern charm. The court yard, complete with fountain, is a great place to unwind, either in the sun, or out of it. Stories of screaming children abound, but I slept like a baby. Let the good times roll...

Room Tip: I like the ground floor rooms, as the court yard is just there.
1  Thank Ralph S
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Great if you're just using it as a place to sleep while touring NO - especially since it sits right in the French Quarter, close to everything. If you're looking for all the amenities such as pool, fitness room, etc., this isn't what you want. However, our continental breakfast was brought to our room on a silver tray with a red rose - classy!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Susan P
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed in March post Mardi Gras. On arrival, we found hairs on the bed, I called up the front desk and asked for a different room, I did not get it, instead two of the rudest women I have ever met came to the room door with their hands on their hips glaring at me and asking what the complaint was about. They huffed and puffed and changed the sheets.
The young woman at the front desk in the morning is rude the elderly gentleman with the squinty eyes in the evening was even more rude.
It just sucks there .... it is how I feel every-time I remember those two. UUgg...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Everyone was very friendly, Toby was super fun at checking us in, all smiles! The room was clean and comfortable, slept like a baby! Loved the courtyard and the location, right in the middle of everything, didn't see any ghost children, but wanted to! The breakfast was simple but delicious! Will stay again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple