“Hilarious Tour Guy is the Best You'll Find”
Review of Nola Tour Guy

Nola Tour Guy
Ranked #55 of 219 Tours in New Orleans
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: At NOLA TOUR GUY all our tours are free. How can we do this? We are so sure you will enjoy our historic walking tours that you will gladly and generously tip our guides. It’s the best guarantee in the business. Nola Tour Guy offers no novelty "ghost" or "vampire" tours, only the real history brought to life by our passionate guides. Join us, you won’t be disappointed.
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Hilarious Tour Guy is the Best You'll Find”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Most history tours I have been on seem to drag by, and even though I try my hardest to pay attention, I can never seem to stay focused. Dave is the only tour guy to keep my full attention throughout the entire tour (which lasted a couple of hours); always keeping up a conversation, cracking jokes, and answering questions. I had heard and read much about New Orleans before taking this tour, but Dave definitely made walking around the French Quarter a new, interesting, and fun experience. I saw that someone had written about his tour being "disappointing," and in my opinion, this couldn't be farther from the truth. I highly recommend going on a tour with Dave; don't waste your money on people who don't know their stuff and talk in funny voices. NOLA tour guy may have a funny voice, but you can tell from the moment you meet him that he's the most genuine, smart, and creative tour guide in New Orleans.

4 Thank IvyA100

Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fun!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

New Orleans is a town based on tourism and busking. Everything is a sell and if you go there without knowing anyone, it's easy to get lured into buying crap and drinking overpriced sugar water in a plastic grenade. I went to a restaurant in the French quarter that is described all over the internet as the best and most authentic cusine. The place was packed. Big surprise: the food was terrible
I wanted to go on a tour with someone who was knowledgable, but also interesting and wouldn't charge me $30 while they read from a pamphlet. I'd heard good things about Nola Tour Guy through a friend and it's free so there's not much to lose. Dave did not disappoint! Funny, approachable, and informative, it feels like you are visting a friend who also happens to be a history buff. Not only that, he gave great suggestions of other places to see, things to do, and places to eat. It's the kind of tour you really want. In a city based on catering to out of towners, it can be hard to navigate what's good and what's a good sell. Dave knows the difference, and I highly recommend him for those looking for more than getting plastered outside on Bourbon street. Also, tip him well, he clearly needs new shoes.

6 Thank Sarah H
Brattleboro, Vermont
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Dave knows his stuff”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

As a fairly serious history aficionado, I must admit I approached a historic tour of new orleans with some trepidation. The last thing I wanted was an overly simplified and sanitized version of the complex history that was surrounding me. But I had heard good things about NOLA Tour Guy so I gave it a shot.
I was very pleasantly surprised and pleased with the tour. Dave is passionate about the local history and is able to make it come alive as you walk with him. He also paints a balanced picture of the sometimes sad and sordid history of the area, without making it depressing or leaving out the numerous more positive parts of NOLAs past. His presentation was sprinkled with funny little jokes which I really appreciated, though they were occasionally corny. The spirit and culture of New Orleans is a rare, beautiful and wild thing, and Dave is a great guide to it.

3 Thank Georgio T
Chicago, Illinois, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Plenty of laughs with gems of information and history”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Dave's tour was interesting, funny, and super informative. His knowledge of history and New Orleans was really extensive. He's a great conversationalist and answered all my questions. This is the perfect tour for a laid back, educational, and fun experience. He also made me laugh plenty. The tour was a couple hours but went by quickly, and I was sad when it was over. I highly recommend him.

4 Thank Ari M
Santa Cruz, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very Knowledgable about New Orleans Geography”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

David knows very much about the history and geography of the French quarter. I went on a tour with him and he seemed excited and relaxed to share his knowledge about one of the most beautiful parts of New Orleans. I could tell he knew what he was talking about and felt comfortable about answering my questions. Very interesting to learn about the history, myths, archetecture, and culture that make up the French quarter.

Visited July 2012