“Nice Sitdown Cafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Soule

Cafe Soule
Ranked #304 of 1,933 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: French, Cafe, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Lunch & Dinner Served daily, Brunch & Breakfast served 10-1 Fri, Sat & Sun. Closed Tuesday. Full Bar with wine and Craft Cocktails. Very reasonable prices. Food is French influence including Crepes with New Orleans flair. The Paris Room is the private party room available for dinners, events, weddings, rehearsal dinners, parties, luncheons, meetings, functions. Large Party & Reservations available. The Paris Room is situated upstairs and has a ballroom, bar, balcony and terrace for 40-200 people. Catering and Bar service provided by Cafe Soule. Serves Crepes( dessert & meal) beignets, bread pudding, poboys, crepes, seafood, soups, salads, Creole Specialties. Gluten Free & Vegetarian Menus available.
Fairfax, Virginia
“Nice Sitdown Cafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Good food, good menu, nice decor, and friendly staff. We had lunch over the Memorial Day weekend. Good value for food and location. They had some problems with the kitchen staff causing a long delay for food. We weren't in a hurry and the food was worth the wait.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Mike H

“New Orleans jem for breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

We happened in on a Friday before the kitchen opened for breakfast, however the wait staff invited us in and served us coffee with chicory. It's a unique flavor- one to try while in New Orleans. We had the beignets to start. Delicious! You MUST order Eggs Soule. It's eggs Benedict over a crab cake... It was outstanding. The hollandaise sauce is the best I've ever had. This place is a must for breakfast!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Rebeccamartens
Rochester,NY
“Charming little place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stopped here looking to get away from the busy (touristy?) places in the french quarter. The decor is very french and the doors open on to the street which is close to Bourbon street but not too close that you have to watch the Bourbon street crowd while enjoying a nice meal. The food was very good most notable was the fries, crawfish etouffee, and monte cristo. The service was friendly. There was a mix-up in the kitchen with one of our meals that was quickly remedied. Because of that issue our waitress brought fresh hot benet's on the house even though we originally turned them down. After eating them we were glad she insisted. They also have a nice bar at the back. Being the day after Easter the drink special was a Fuzzy Bunny, which we could've sat there and drank all night. Ask for one if you go!

1 Thank Kellpen
London, United Kingdom
“Good food and service close to Bourbon Street”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

This small open fronted cafe attracted me firstly because of the good choice of French wine, including a Louis Jadot Macon Villages Chardonnay. The service at the bar was friendly and I decided to stay and eat. I had a blue cheese burger in a croissant with fries and a salad. The food was good, although the Malbec I had to accompany my meal was only OK, not as good as the white wine I'd tried previously. I stopped by for about two hours early Saturday evening and the place got busier and busier during my stay. The barman found time to chat to me and I found out a lot about the city of New Orleans through talking with him. A friendly place.

1 Thank DougShaw1
Yonkers, New York
“I really wanted to like this place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

the service was not good at all and the food was not much better. The Cream of Celery soup was the only high light of our meal. My rare steak was well done and the sauce was a thick glob of goo. My companion's entree came out when she was only 1/4 of the way through her soup - the reason was because it wave done. By the time she finished the soup the entree was cold. We wanted crepes for dessert but the waiter never came back to the table after 20 minutes we left and went to Laura's candy shop. Not planning on going back any time soon.