“Yass, the best gumbo I've ever tried!”

Daisy Dukes Express
Ranked #74 of 2,009 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Daisy Dukes Express open 24/7 with Delivery available in the CBD and French Quarter Area
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Every time I'm in a specific region I always try local cuisine. Daisy Dukes Express is a great place to try New Orleans specials, look no further. Food in this place is fresh and delicious. We went for a New Orleans Sampler (2 times), Blackened Alligator Sausage, Blackened Center-Cut Pork Chop. What a treat! It was the first time for us trying the fried tomatoes and everybody loved them. The gumbo was the best I've ever had. If you eat with them, you can add unlimited drinks (hurricane or mimosa), unfortunately I do not remember the exact price, I guess it was around 10$ . Service was quick, watch out there is no bill splitting there. The bill was under 70$ for 4 people so not too bad. Happy we chose to eat there. Will be back next time I visit New Orleans.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

We dined here on vacation, after starting out on Bourbon St. at 7am. We found ourselves looking for food at 4am after our nap. There is not much open to my surprise.
We found Daisy Dukes Express. When we walked in, we were not immediately greeted but later found out they were trying to sort out an incident that had occurred before our arrival. Once we were seated, our service and experience was great.
New Orleans Sampler
Jambalaya Gumbo Red Beans/Rice, Fried Green Tomatoes with side of remoulade & Biscuit. The fried green tomatoes were perfect. The batter, texture, everything. I also really enjoyed the rest of the dishes.
I have craved the FGT and remoulade since we've left NOLA ! Cannot wait to return

Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Delicious alligator omelette! Also tried the gumbo and the jambalaya...both were awesome. Clean. Friendly. Bottomless mimosas. What else do you want?

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We ate here twice during our visit. The popcorn shrimp was super! Prices were decent. The place is small with big taste.

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Fast service great 2 for 1 Cajun Mary's drinks, great prices for a family of 4 or more. This is the place a lot of workers from downtown eat during the week it's not uncommon to see police officers eating here on there break and the wait time to get in is less then the other daisy dukes