“Fantastic bar/lounge - check it out!!!”

Loews New Orleans Hotel
Ranked #12 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
los angeles, ca
“Fantastic bar/lounge - check it out!!!”
Reviewed April 3, 2006

we discovered Adelaide's at the Loew's Hotel through a fantastic LA blog (www.gumbopages.com.) We wandered in around 5PM the Saturday before Mardi Gras - Endemyon parade had been cancelled, it was raining like hell, winds blowing. The bar was the perfect place to sit out the storm. Friendly people all around including many in costumes from earlier parades. Service understandibly a bit slow but pleasant and warm. After waiting a few minutes, we were able to grab a table near a window where we sat for hours, eating delicious bar food, drinking dirty martinis and watching the wind and rain and our fellow bar patrons have a very good time. Bar food was delicious, we had several rounds of great snacks and drinks. No rush, no attitude, friendly people all around. Great place to hang out, we'll be back for drinks and dinner.

2 Thank m a

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
Washington
Reviewed February 20, 2006

We just returned from a three-night stay at the Loews New Orleans hotel. We had a grand luxury king room and it was wonderful -- new, clean, spacious, and a wonderful, cozy bed made up with crisp white linens and a down duvet. The bathroom was large with a tub and separate walk-in shower. Our room was turned down every night, with bathrobes laid out and chocolates placed on the nightstand.

The lobby of the hotel is also beautiful. There's a wonderful tile mosaic of New Orleans behind the front desk and the furnishings are beautiful throughout. We didn't eat at Cafe Adelaide, but the menu looked great.

New Orleans is still a wonderful place to visit and they need our support. Please don't hesitate to come here and experience the unique culture that is New Orleans!

• Stayed February 2006
7 Thank BrookeD
Reviewed January 16, 2006

With a little trepedation about returning to N.O. in mid January, my friend and I drove from Houston to the Lowes. Valet service was nice and patient; front desk couldn't find my reservation and I was forced to prove that I had one. I went to the 8th floor business center to print out the reservation from the Hotwire website and went back down to present it to the front desk clerk. He punched in the number and then exclaimed, "Oh! The computer had your last name as your first, and your first as your last. That's why we couldn't find it." Well duh... I thought that's a basic duty of a front desk clerk to check on such things! Anyways it was an anoyance and a little bit discomforting. But maybe I should have told him to check!

Overall the property is quite nice. Lobby and dining area,cocktail lounge are done in nice mature beiges with furnishings to match. Not too garish and not to frilly, but just right. Mature and sophisticated. Rooms are huge as are the bathrooms. All marble tubs and separate glass-enclosed shower with thick towels and nice bath robes. Beds are a joy. Fresh linen, and comforters to match. Staff were quite professional and nice. Absolutely no bad attitudes. We stayed on the 18th floor.

The workout facilities and the lap pool and jacuzzi on the 8th floor are worth it. I had room service, and note to others: you must complete the door menu for breakfast on the weekends BEFORE 10AM or else you'll be forced to order from the lunch menu. A little bit of an unpleasant surprise if you enjoy lounging late in bed on a beautiful Sunday. My guess it's because of the lack of available workers due to Katrina.

Overall I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2006
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 3, 2005

I visited N.O. for the 1st time just days before the Hurricane hit. I stayed at the Loews and had an amazing room and exceptional service! Highly recommed staying in the Lux. King Suite. WOW.... A little pricely but WELL worth it....Everyone was so helpful and friendly. Definatley made some GREAT memories while I was there, and to watch the Hurricane come in just days after I was there was so heartbreaking. Was very lucky to have experienced N.O. then, cause it will not be the same for a LONG time if ever.
Thanks again to the staff for a very memorable time! Look forward to coming back as soon as things open back up.

• Stayed August 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
miami
Reviewed August 21, 2005

My wife and I stayed at this hotel from August 7th through the 11th of 2005. The hotel is well located, specially if attending a convention (Morial center is about 5 blocks away, easily walked) but equally convenient to the french quarter and streetcar lines to the garden district. The hotel is pretty drab from the exterior, but doesn't disappoint once you step inside. It has a very nice lobby with beautiful stained glass panels, and the adjacent Swizzle Stick bar is comfortable, cozy and hip. Our room had a nice view, the decoration was ok, but nothing extraordinary. The room was generally well-equipped with 2 phone lines and 2 phones (one cordless), coffee maker, hair dryer, high speed DSL (at no addtional cost) and a big desk and reading chair. The mattress, pillows and linens were great, along with the toiletries. The hotel has a small but relaxing indoor pool and a well-equipped gym. The concierge was very helpful in providing tourist info, maps and the sort. Overall service was above average. Considering the rate I paid (around $130 per night with taxes included) I don't think we could've done better. The only thing that wasn't satisfactory was the cost of valet service which at $28 per day seems excessive. Definitely recommended.

6 Thank juanlb
Reviewed July 24, 2005

The hotel's accomodations were very good. The beds were very comfortable and the room was nicely decorated. However, for the level of hotel that it is, the service left much to be desired. The bartender was rude and neither the manager nor the concierge responded with anything above an apology. We had reservations three weeks in advance but our room category was unavailable at check-in. They upgraded us, but failed to communicate this with us and we had to call down to find out that we had been upgraded. We did not receive our Loews First welcome amenity. While my accommodations were nice, I feel what sets hotels of this class apart is service. So if service is what you crave, try the Ritz or the Sheraton instead.

• Stayed July 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 24, 2005

The Loews of New Orleans certainly misrepresented itself to me. I booked two rooms at the top rate. I made sure to join the Loews First club in advance of this costly stay. I anticipated earning points towards another stay within their chain,or with one of their business partners. However, here I am several months later, ready to collect and I am told- no deal! They did not credit either of our rooms and all the expensive food we ate, due to the fact that we booked our stay through the convention tourist agency! What a rip off!! None of this information was offered to me when I set up the membership! No other chain has such a policy!
As for the hotel-the location is good but the hotel it is average in every way.
There is no shortage of hotels to choose from in The Big Easy. As always - New Orleans as a city does not disappoint!

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business