Loews New Orleans Hotel
$179
$153
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$117
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$178
$126
HolidayInn.com
$238
$209
  • Restaurant
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$144
$118
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$111
$138
$102
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$179
$248
$209
2,863 results
All reviewscafe adelaideswizzle stickfrench quarterharrah's casinomississippi riverconvention centerroom servicewarehouse districtbusiness tripwithin walking distancebeautiful hotelenjoyed my staywwii museumvalet parkingmardi grasfew blocksbourbon street
Reviewed August 21, 2005

My wife and I stayed at this hotel from August 7th through the 11th of 2005. The hotel is well located, specially if attending a convention (Morial center is about 5 blocks away, easily walked) but equally convenient to the french quarter and streetcar lines to the garden district. The hotel is pretty drab from the exterior, but doesn't disappoint once you step inside. It has a very nice lobby with beautiful stained glass panels, and the adjacent Swizzle Stick bar is comfortable, cozy and hip. Our room had a nice view, the decoration was ok, but nothing extraordinary. The room was generally well-equipped with 2 phone lines and 2 phones (one cordless), coffee maker, hair dryer, high speed DSL (at no addtional cost) and a big desk and reading chair. The mattress, pillows and linens were great, along with the toiletries. The hotel has a small but relaxing indoor pool and a well-equipped gym. The concierge was very helpful in providing tourist info, maps and the sort. Overall service was above average. Considering the rate I paid (around $130 per night with taxes included) I don't think we could've done better. The only thing that wasn't satisfactory was the cost of valet service which at $28 per day seems excessive. Definitely recommended.

6  Thank juanlb
Mobile, AL
Reviewed July 24, 2005

The hotel's accomodations were very good. The beds were very comfortable and the room was nicely decorated. However, for the level of hotel that it is, the service left much to be desired. The bartender was rude and neither the manager nor the concierge responded with anything above an apology. We had reservations three weeks in advance but our room category was unavailable at check-in. They upgraded us, but failed to communicate this with us and we had to call down to find out that we had been upgraded. We did not receive our Loews First welcome amenity. While my accommodations were nice, I feel what sets hotels of this class apart is service. So if service is what you crave, try the Ritz or the Sheraton instead.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New York, New York
Reviewed July 24, 2005

The Loews of New Orleans certainly misrepresented itself to me. I booked two rooms at the top rate. I made sure to join the Loews First club in advance of this costly stay. I anticipated earning points towards another stay within their chain,or with one of their business partners. However, here I am several months later, ready to collect and I am told- no deal! They did not credit either of our rooms and all the expensive food we ate, due to the fact that we booked our stay through the convention tourist agency! What a rip off!! None of this information was offered to me when I set up the membership! No other chain has such a policy!
As for the hotel-the location is good but the hotel it is average in every way.
There is no shortage of hotels to choose from in The Big Easy. As always - New Orleans as a city does not disappoint!

• Stayed: March 2005, traveled on business