“Great place!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
New Orleand
“Great place!”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

My first Loew's experience - as well as New Orleans! Hotel was very clean and comfortable. Service is great, lobby is kept nice and cool and smells fresh. The rooms are clean and spacious, and the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Kristen F, Manager at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Erich H,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Loews New Orleans for your first time in the Big Easy! We're happy you had a great trip. Next time you stay, don't forget about our fresh lemonade in the lobby!

Kristen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Loews New Orleans for a business trip for 4 nights. I had a great experience here, the staff was friendly and helpful and the location of the hotel was excellent. I was able to walk to all of the popular New Orleans staples within a reasonable amount of time. I would recommend the Loews for both business and personal stay.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Jermaine B,

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your recent stay. We're so glad you had an enjoyable visit. Next time you come, it's about the relaxation!

Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed June 22, 2014

This was my first trip to NOLA and Loews and both were great experiences. The check in was a breeze even though we arrived a few hours earlier than the check in time and the rooms were really big and the view of the great Mississippi River was wonderful. The bathrooms were clean and large with separate tub and shower and the beds were amazing. It was like sleeping on cloud. The doormen and valet were also very helpful. The only negative I could say was that I could hear the guests in the next room but this could be because I was in an interconnected room. Overall a great experience and will certainly visit loews property again...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Kristen F, Manager at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Binu E,

Thank you for such wonderful comments. We are thrilled you chose to stay at Loews New Orleans for your first time in NOLA! Our Mississippi River View rooms are quite spectacular; I'm glad you were able to experience one. I will relay your kind words to our valet and door staff.

New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I live in New Orleans, and as a local I love this hotel. It has impeccable service, great room service and luxurious decor throughout. The only complaint I have could have been a fluke, but I had an issue with the air freshener scent in the hallway as I approached my room as well as in the room itself. Any scented air fresheners should be discouraged. Aside from that I adore the Loews in New Orleans, and will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: get a room overlooking the river if you can, i love watching the boats go by
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cetley
Dear cetley,

Thank you for taking time to review us. We love when locals are able to experience the city and be a tourist in their hometown. Thank you for choosing to make Loews New Orleans your hotel of choice! Let us know when you plan on visiting again, even just for an Adelaide Swizzle in the Swizzle Stick Bar!

Charlotte
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Cafe Adelaide is the best part of this hotel, the food was delicious. The hotel is nice and in a good location, it is a bit far to walk into the French Quarter, that was alright with me because I prefer silent slumber. ;) I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JillianPre,

Thank you for taking time to review Loews New Orleans. We are thrilled you enjoyed Cafe Adelaide, by the Commander's Palace Family of Restaurants. Next time, you must try The Swizzle Stick Bar!

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This hotel was very nice. I loved the location!! As soon as we arrived the men out front helped us out of our cars, loaded our luggage and brought them inside. We didn't have to do a thing. Our room was huge, bed comfortable, VERY CLEAN ROOMS and the river view out of the window was AWESOME. I was very impressed with how quickly the guys out front were with getting the cars whenever we needed them. My family and I were also very impressed with the work of Ross who was very kind and helpful. I was put on a different floor (floor 20) from my family who was on floor 16 and he immediately fixed the situation for us. I was moved to be near my family. WE REALLY APPRECIATED THAT!! We didn't try the restaurant at the hotel because there was a wonderful restaurant "Gordon Biersch" (TRY IT) located next door that has the best food for a reasonable price!!! My only disappointment in this hotel was not being told everything over the phone before I arrived there. If you are paying cash at this hotel make sure you have your deposit money of $75 dollars a night also. And I was told before I came that microwave and refrigerators are not in the rooms but I could request one. I wasn't told that it would be $20 a night ...FOR EACH!! I tried showing the young lady my email confirmation which didn't have a $20 a night charge on it but she refused to look at it and I tried to explain to her that when I called and asked about these items I wasn't told I would be charged, but she wasn't trying to hear that. She just kept repeating its $20 a night for each and if I wanted both it would be $40 a night. I thought that was outrageous. Other that that, My stay was awesome!! My kids loved the indoor pool and my husband loved the weight room!!

Room Tip: Request a room that has a river view. Gorgeous!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear AMarie232,

We are so glad you enjoyed our stay with us for your vacation in New Orleans. I'm glad we were able to place you on the same floor as the rest of your family. I will relay your kind words to Ross, as well as our bellmen and valets. It's our standard procedure to charge $20/night for a microwaves and a refrigerator. We are sorry this wasn't explained to you prior to your arrival.

We can't wait to see you again soon in the Big Easy!
Reviewed June 17, 2014

First time in New Orleans...this hotel was very nice and close to everything. Its about a 25 minute cab ride from the airport to the hotel. The hotel was located right across the street from the Harrah s casino which was a good place to go if you got tired of the bourbon street scene..or if you like to gamble. The hotel has a very nice restaurant and bar located inside..the staff was very friendly and happy to help.The walk to bourbon street was only about 5 blocks so no need for a cab unless you have some fallen buddies who can't make the walk after a long day of bar hopping.

• Stayed June 2014
Kristen F, Manager at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Honeybadger100,

Thank you for your review. We are happy you were able to experience our wonderful staff! Loews New Orleans is close to the French Quarter: either by foot, car or bike taxi. Next time you and your buddies can experience the third option.

Hope to see you again soon!