“Almost perfect.”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Almost perfect.”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Loved this hotel especially at Mardi Gras. Most parades either pass or end within a block of the hotel. The staff is very nice and the facility and rooms are wonderful. Housekeeping lacks a little. Didn't leave towels or coffee one day and left water in the ice bucket from previous guest.

Room Tip: city view is better then river view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Jerry R, Manager at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback with us. We will be sure to communicate your comments to our housekeeping team. We take great pride in providing a high level of service in all areas. I apologize for the inconveniences experienced with our housekeeping team. We hope to have you with us again during your next visit so that we may demonstrate the service levels that we are known for and take great pride in providing.

Loews New Orleans Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
jacksonville
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Stayed here a while ago on the 17th floor with a beautiful view! The room was spotlessly clean! The beds were comfortable with soft linens to snuggle!! The staff were so attentive honestly the hotel was the highlight of our trip aside the beignets and coffee!!! Highly recommend

Room Tip: Just ask politely for a high room!!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your taking the time to share feedback on your experience with us. You can not visit New Orleans without enjoying some good beignets. We are delighted you enjoyed your experience with us. Be sure to try Cafe Adelaide during your next visit. I am sure you will not be disappointed. We look forward to hosting your next visit to our city.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Stayed here for a convention in late February. The location was very convenient to the convention center and to all of the activities New Orleans has to offer. Steps to the casino, a short walk to Bourbon Street, and a short cab ride to Frenchman Street. Also, the hotel is right on the parade route, but it doesn't block you from getting where you need to go. The staff couldn't be friendlier and the rooms couldn't be cleaner. We had a room on the 21st floor with a beautiful view of the river.

I wouldn't stay anywhere else in NO.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We pride ourselves in providing a unique, memorable and comfortable experience. I am delighted that you were able to enjoy our staff, property and location. As you mentioned, we are conveniently located to all the best attractions New Orleans has to offer. We look forward to hosting your next visit to our city.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I picked this hotel based on my previous and continuous reservations at Loews properties in NY, CA and FL. Unfortunately, this was not at all the type of Loews quality I am use to seeing. Lobby and service are nice, but the rooms were so outdated and dirty. Very disappointing.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback. We will be sure to use it to ensure our room accommodations are up to your expectations as well as our standards. We take great pride in providing a memorable experience and comfortable accommodations. We would love to speak to your further in reference to the details of your experience. Please contact us at neworleanscustomerservice@loewshotels.com so that we may speak to you personally in reference to your experience.

Akron, Ohio
Reviewed February 21, 2014

This was our third trip to the Crescent City and the second time we stayed at Loews New Orleans Hotel. The fact that we decided to return to the hotel for a second time says a lot about what we think of it.

The location of the hotel is certainly a plus. Everything we wanted to do and everywhere we needed to go was in easy walking distance. The Convention Center is a few blocks in one direction and the French Quarter a few blocks in the other...Perfect!

Staff are exemplary and at the top of that list is Bar Chef Lu Brow. We LOVE Lu!! We met her five years ago on our last trip to New Orleans. We were thrilled to see that she was still at Loews. Lu is not only a great bar chef, but even more important is that she is a true Ambassador for the City of New Orleans. She provided great tips on where to visit and wonderful recommendations! Thank you so much Lu!

Bottom line, the hotel is clean, comfortable, and has an excellent staff. 'nuff said!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor with a view of the river.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Jerry R, Manager at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for providing us with your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed of location, food and service levels. We will be sure to share your comments with our team members. We look forward to hosting your next visit to our city.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I stayed in one of the suites on the 19 floor which was light and very spacious with all the facilities needed for business including a desk, lounge area and a super comfy king bed. The bathroom was large and had a bath, seperate shower and separate toilet, plenty of wardrobe space and was just a very pleasant place to stay. Food was excellent in the restaurant and both breakfast and lunch had great selections.

The hotel is within easy walking distance of the French Quarter and right next to Harrahs Casino. It is also a perfect place to stay close to the cruise ship port.

My only warning is trying to book adjoining rooms. On the Loews website it tells says you can book an adjoining room to the suite and even after putting the request in my booking, writing to the hotel and checking that the adjoining room was ready for when my family to arrive two days after me. The room was occupied the day they arrived and the Hotel staff said there was no guarantee you could have the adjoining room, even though it said so on the website. Just be careful with this. But the hotel itself is very good

Room Tip: Ask for one facing the river, but on a high floor not looking directly into the next door hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Jerry R, Manager at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I apologize for the mishap with your connecting room request. It is our goal to accommodate any requests received from our guests. We will be sure to share the positives as well as this mishap with our team to ensure we are properly prepared. I am delighted that you enjoyed your room accommodations as well as our central location. We look forward to hosting your next visit to New Orleans.

Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a few days during a conference. The hotel was centrally located in the financial district, which is very close to the casino and convention center, and only a ten to twenty minute walk to the warehouse/arts district and French Quarter.

The hotel was clean and comfortable, with spacious rooms and contemporary bathrooms. The style of the room was pretty basic, but the bathrooms were nice.

The food at the hotel restaurant was wonderful. I enjoyed a post-travel dinner alone, away from the rowdiness of the Swizzle Stick bar on the opposite side of the corridor. The pork chop was delicious, and the service was excellent. All of the food we had during the conference was also wonderful.

My only negative would be the service. My concern about saying this is I think it may be a cultural difference. When I first arrived at the hotel, I thought the staff wasn't very friendly. They didn't really smile and seemed lacsidasical. There was also an issue with my reservation, and instead of being accomodating, it seemed like an annoyance to them (we had three rooms and I was the only person who came in on the day of the reservation because the other people's flights were rebooked due to bad weather). The attendant who had to unlock the reservation in the computer even gave me a rude look when I tried to explain the situation. What I realized is that this is the norm in New Orleans! The ebb and flow and service demeanor is just different than what I am used to. In general, service is slow, laid back and unenthusiastic, which is very different than what I am accustomed to. On the other hand, I should add that the phone agent who booked my trip (not from New Orleans) was absolutely fantastic.

My only other negative is probably something that hotel's do in general. I accidentally left my pajama's in the room when I checked out, realizing later that night. Luckily, I wasn't far away, and could return to retrieve them, but the hotel didn't make me aware that they had been forgotton. With all of the communications technology we have these days, why wouldn't they have notified me that there were items left in the room instead of just sending them to the lost and found?

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the water and on a higher floor if you want a nicer view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Jerry R, Manager at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We take great pride in providing a quality product and a high level of service. I am delighted you enjoyed our food and room accommodations. We are known for providing a uniquely high level of service. I apologize for us having fallen short of both our standards and your expectations as it relates to service. We will definitely share your feedback with our team members to ensure that this is addressed accordingly. We hope to have another opportunity to have you with us in the future so that we can demonstrate the service levels that we are known for and take great pride in.