“Beautiful hotel, great location, needs work with "little things"”

Loews New Orleans Hotel
Ranked #15 of 165 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 11, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel in a fantastic location. It was an easy walk to the French Quarter. Cabs were easily accessible, too. The bell staff is especially attentive, anticipating your every request. The front desk staff was efficient and helpful. The concierge was also excellent.

My room was spacious and beautifully decorated. The bed was wonderfully comfortable. I could have easily spent more time in bed. A chaise, rather than an upholstered chair, was impractical. The bathroom was fabulous -- large, with granite countertops, a bathtub and separate tile shower. The sink faced a large window. The towels were thick.

I was attending a conference in the hotel. The food served for breakfasts, lunch, and breaks tasted good and looked great. Service in the hotel's bar, even in a larger group, was excellent.

Now for the negatives. I ordered a salad from the room service menu, confirming ingredients twice with the order taker. The salad I got was not what was described. The ingredients were different and I was disappointed.

The deadbolt on my door didn't work. I called the front desk and a worker was at my door within minutes. He got it to work for him, but it worked for me only after too much effort. I had trouble as the worker was leaving my room. He was convinced the lock worked and left. I struggled with it for the duration of my stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Jerry R, Manager at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We appreciate your taking the time to do so. It is our goal to provide a flawless experience from beginning to end. I apologize for the discrepancies with your room service order as well as the lock issue experienced. It is always our goal to make things right when opportunities occur. I would love to opportunity to speak to you in reference to these issues and personally apologize. Please contact us at neworleanscustomerservice@loewshotels.com with your contact info so we may ensure we rectify the matter. We hope to have another opportunity to make up for these unfortunate opportunities.

There are newer reviews for Loews New Orleans Hotel

Reviewed February 8, 2014

This is a very nice hotel, good location and with huge rooms. However, some more attention to small details would be appreciated. The hotel seems a bit "cold" at times. Breakfast is expensive and not very good.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback. We will be sure to use your feedback to ensure our service levels and quality are up to our standards and your expectations. We hope to have another opportunity to have your with us. We look forward to having the opportunity to demonstrate the service and quality levels we are known for.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

My wife & I were guests at the Loews New Orleans last weekend . We loved it. The service, front desk staff was excellent. The word no or can't is not in their vocabulary. Wait ! The concierge James, WOW . Anything and everything is in his roster. I asked about tix for the WWII museaum , and POOF 2 comps were in my hand. The bar in the lobby is a happening place for a drink in the evening. We had a very nice room overlooking the Mississippi . Great central location. 2 blocks here , 3 blocks there . Near water front . Must get coffee from PJ's down the block ! Can't wait to go back .

Room Tip: overlooking the river
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback. We take great pride in providing a high level of service and we are delighted you were able to enjoy your experience with us. We will be sure to share your comments with James as well. We look forward to hosting your next visit to our property.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

FIrst off I love the location - it's close enough to walk to everything in the French Quarter, but also out of the way of the many drunks and loud folks that are roaming Canal and the French Quarter. I also appreciated that I could easily walk to the Children's And World War 2 Museum. Hotel is clean and staff is super friendly.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Jerry R, Manager at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

We are delighted you enjoyed your experience with us. We take great pride in catering to the business traveler as well as the family traveling on leisure. Our location is perfect for experiencing all New Orleans has to offer. We look forward to hosting your next visit to New Orleans.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stayed here over New Year's 2013 and it was a perfect location to share NOLA with a first-timer. Walking distance from the Quarter, the French Market, the Aquarium and the streetcar. The room was big enough, very clean with a comfortable bed. Room service was fast and delicious. And the little lobby bar was great (try the mussels!).

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for providing us with your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to do so. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us. It sounds like you were able to enjoy many of the great attractions our great city has to offer. We are perfectly located to all New Orleans has to offer. We will be sure to share your comments with our team and look forward to hosting your next visit with us.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Arriving late after a brutal travel week, the Loews was a true oasis of peace. Efficient check-in, restaurant reservations, room upgrade and transportation coordination were all handled efficiently. There is no reason to stay anywhere else in New Orleans but Loews.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted you enjoyed your experience with us. Our concierge team can be counted on to point you to all the hidden gems New Orleans has to offer. Next time be sure to visit Cafe Adelaide while with us. I am sure you will not be dissapointed. We look forward to hosting your next visit to our city.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I stay at the Loews Hotel in New Orleans often and the staff is the most personable and helpful of any hotel I've ever stayed. I truly feel like I've arrived home and am greeted by friends, from the moment I pull up starting with being greeted by the valet parking staff, to the check in staff, concierge and of course the staff at the Swizzle Stick. Truly a home away from home.....and my spot ANYTIME I am in New Orleans, or just need to get away and revive and rejuvenate.....

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share. We take great pride providing a uniquely high level of service at the Loews New Orleans. We are delighted you were able to enjoy your stay from arrival to departure. We will be sure to share your comments with our team members. We look forward to hosting your next visit to New Orleans.