“Excellent option for New Orleans lodging”

Loews New Orleans Hotel
Ranked #12 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Clayton, Missouri
“Excellent option for New Orleans lodging”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I recently returned from a business trip to New Orleans (if there is really such a thing) and spent four nights at Loew's. I thought the location was perfect, about equidistant from the convention center and the French Quarter madness. The hotel was clean, and reception and service were polite, prompt, and warm.

I did not dine at the facility and cannot speak to the restaurants, as a result. The fitness facility was a B- for the price of the hotel (IMO), but why work out indoors when you can easily take a run into the garden district? I thought that housekeeping was excellent, and I slept very well in my room. I would have little hesitation, other than possibly the price, of staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jerry R, Director of Rooms at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent visit to our property and your feedback.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your Loews experience. Our location is perfect for work and play. We look forward to your next visit to our city.

Loews New Orleans Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
Clinton, New Jersey
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Five day trip to NOLA. Three really bad customer experiences: checking in took forever, keys accidently deactivated by hotel and took an inordinate of time to get back in. Hotel staffed knocked on the door 4 times to clean prior to noon - in spite of request to clean after noon. Seems like staff doesn't care at all about the customer.... merely a transaction. I'm not a person to write reviews - this experience really bothered us. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Clinton123
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your honest feedback and would like to apologize for the many inconveniences and flaws in service you experienced. I can assure you this is not the level of service we are known for and pride ourselves in providing. We would like to speak to you in reference to your experience. At your convenience please contact us at neworleanscustomerservice@loewshotels.com.

Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed April 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Loews for the first time last spring and fell in love. I splurged and got a suite for our anniversary. The room was huge and had great views of the river. The staff are all very accommodating and the restaurant/bar has great offerings. Location is great. The hotel was originally booked for our repeat trip this year and in trying to save a little money, I booked a Renaissance hotel. The hotel was fair but we actually moved after one night when an opening came up at Loews. Again Loews has exceeded expectations. The room is a Deluxe King and is very comfortable. The sheets on the bed are awesome! Our room was ready to check-in by noon. When I booked the room just an hour or so before our move, the rate was $419. I was willing to pay because I knew the quality of the hotel. And guess what, with just one simple request at check in to see if the rate could be "tweaked", the front desk clerk dropped the rate to $269. AWESOME! Once again this hotel has not disappointed and from now on will be our go-to,place in New Orleans!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted that you choose us to be a part of your anniversary. We look forward to hosting your next visit to New Orleans.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Even though we booked this stay with a third party online site, and received an amazing deal (40% off), we would not mind paying the full price to stay here vs other hotels within the area. It's an upscale hotel without the attitude. Check-in was pleasant & friendly, our rooms were upgraded to the river view when we asked, and our questions/concerns were answered with genuine warmth & attentiveness. Our room was a nicely appointed, large (for NOLA), very clean, and the king beds were comfortable. Getting to the heart of the french district was easy 10-15 min leisurely walk, but Harrah's is literally next door. The only concern was the outrageous valet parking cost of $39 - do yourself a favor and park a little north (2 min walk) of the hotel for half this amount.

Room Tip: Ask for the river view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lost_In_Reverie
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. Our location is perfect for business and leisure. We do our best to provide competitive comparable parking rates for downtown New Orleans. We are delighted that you enjoyed our service and product and look forward to hosting your next visit to New Orleans.

Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed April 7, 2013

OK - I'll admit up front that I am tight (frugal to the extreme) and I have to admit that every hotel is going to be more expensive when you are situated in the heart of a big touristy city. But to pay $200 a night for a room that is no better than many rooms half the price frustrates me.

That said, the bed was very comfortable; the sitting area with sofa, coffee table, a second TV and work table with ethernet cable and swivel chair were great features; the Kuerig coffee maker was special; the fridge (once all their drinks were repositioned) was useful - but what, no microwave?; having a tub in addition to the large tiled shower was nice (and I did appreciate the dual control that allows both temperature control and volume control); having an umbrella in the room came in handy and they always have one at the door; hair dryer and lighted mirror in the bath are great for the wife.

My biggest complaint and what I will always remember is that every day I had to return to the lobby from the 15th floor to get my card fixed so I could get into my room. And all I ever got was "Sorry." This was a Sunday to Friday stay so four days in a row I had to get my key card re-formatted. Another bone of contention for me was the $39/night for parking. I moved my car to the lot the Westin uses where it was only $25/night and less than 5 minute walk away.

I attended several functions and the staff were great. Great food served. The lobby is a comfortable place to relax. The rating would be four star except for the key card and parking.

Room Tip: Ask in advance for a room on the south side with a view of the river.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your honest feedback on your experience with us. We will use your feedback to ensure our service is in line with our service promise to each of our guests. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience with the keys. The keys are magnetic and if you happened to be passing through or by anything that could have demagnetized them on a daily basis this may have been the cause. Our goal is to accommodate any and all request to ensure your comfort. We do have microwaves available upon request for your convenience. When travels bring you back our way just let us know you would like one and we will ensure it is placed in your room prior to your arrival.

Centerville, Ohio
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We really enjoyed staying at Loew's during the New Year's week 2012. I would rate this as a four-star hotel for it's service, location, Cafe Adelaide and cleanliness. I noticed that they allow pets which is good for pet lovers. The cuisine in the resturant was always very good and quite a selection as well.

Room Tip: The only downside was that our room overlooked a parking lot.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Jerry R, Director of Rooms at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy you enjoyed your experience at our property. We hope to see you again soon. Be sure to request one of our river view rooms during your next visit with us. Thank you again for your valued feedback.

Fort Pierce, Florida
Reviewed April 1, 2013

From the moment we checked in, my family and I were treated like royalty. This hotel is the nicest around and is centrally located for all your needs. The Riverwalk is only minutes away, and the Harrah's Casino is directly across the street. But, it's not what is outside the hotel that makes this a five-star experience.
Every single staff member was friendly and courteous. The rooms are quite spacious. The food at the Cafe Adelaide was incredible. All-in-all, this is THE hotel to stay at.

Room Tip: Get a room with the skyline view for sunsets, river view for sunrises.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jerry R, Director of Rooms at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us. Our team members are our most valuable amenity. Thank you again for visiting our property and dinning at Cafe Adelaide. We look forward to hosting you during your next visit to New Orleans.

Loews New Orleans Management Team