“Hospitable and Very Comfortable.” 5 of 5 stars

Loews New Orleans Hotel
Ranked #19 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
brandon, ms
“Hospitable and Very Comfortable.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We arrived at Loew's without reservations, and the front desk put us in a room with a view of the Quarter and the river. The rooms are very large and spacious, beds very comfortable with cotton bedding, and incredible water pressure in the shower. The front desk is so helpful and friendly. You need go no further than downstairs to an excellent bar (Swizzle Stick) or to dine at Cafe Adelaide, a Brennan restaurant that is as wonderful as all their others in New Orleans. All in all, self-contained perfection!

Room Tip: We had two rooms. One faced Poydras on the 17th floor, and the other faced the Warehouse District o...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

This is the fifth Hotel I have stayed in since 2009 and probably best, though the Sheraton and Intercontinental were quite nice as well. I booked through Expedia, good rate, was given a 15th floor room with phenomenal views, King Bed, very large. Ordered room service twice and was quick and good. The first time tray was there forever and had to tell Front Desk. Young man at desk said we check every hour-bad answer as it has been there since the night before and it was 4pm the next day. Granted it was served Christmas night, but expect better. Besides that, good service, good gym, great location, very nice hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

The hotel possesses a fantastic location. Close to Canal, but away from the noise! Rooms were quite large. The room had very little furniture, so there would have been ample room to add a crib or rollaway. Check-in was very easy, but only efficient. No one mentioned help carrying our bags or help locating a restaurant for the night. The bellmen and other hotel staff were often busy and distracted talking to themselves.
The shower was fabulous! In fact this would be a strong factor to return to this particular hotel! It had the most powerful water pressure that I have had in a hotel! Each of us mentioned the awesome shower to each other. It seems as if all of us were equally impressed by it!
There are no soda machines in the hotel nor is there a market shelf in the hotel. As the amenities list that ice delivered is complimentary, be prepared to keep trying. The machine was broken on our floor, the floor above us, and the floor below. I finally called and requested for some to be delivered. The front desk kept telling me which floors to try. I felt this was a poor tactic that the staff used to get out of customer service. After calling three times reporting back which floors we tried, a simple bucket of ice was delivered.
Bottom line: Great Location, attractive lobby, large rooms and large bathrooms, and the best showers! Hotel staff needs to be prompted to improve customer service is the only complaint.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Hard Beds, Tremendous Location, They tried to charge twice as much when I called to extend my reservation and then they suddenly found a better rate, then an even better rate. They have a tremendous location, deecnt bar and decent food. The menu for dinner is very limited and high priced. But then again, location, location, location...

Room Tip: They tried to charge twice as much when I called to extend my reservation and then they suddenly fou...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I've thought about this for several days....Based on my experience ths hotel caters to business travellers more than tourists. It wasn't a bad choice, but there was nothing to make me say "I'm happy I chose this hotel".

Location - really good, right across from the casino, we walked everywhere. We're not gamblers so we did not go into the casino.
Check in - efficient. The lobby is really nice. Concierge - mixed, started a 11:00 one day when we had questions; provided limited info and almost curt responses. When we asked about taking a bus one day he looked at us like we were crazy. Front desk could not (or would not) answer even a simple question.
Room - spacious king room, view of the river, furniture just OK, no rack for our suitcase which had to rest on the floor or the desk. Clean. Towels OK. Good shower. Quiet.
Breakfast in restaurant - terrible service one day and barely average on another day. Price was OK for hotel breakfast (not as high as I've seen elsewhere).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Quite a nice hotel with very good service. The only "complaint" and I use that word lightly was housekeeping was a bit shy. Like many hotels they dont like to change sheets. In this range of hotel I'd like to have my clean sheets. One day they didnt replenish toilet paper but this is really all I had to complain about so not like it was awful. Perhaps a slight oversight one day.

Check in was great. Polite doorman, polite young man behind the check in desk. Gave us a wonderful room. Lobby is very nice. Common ways very nice. Our room appeared recently renovated. Not brand spanking but with the last year I'd say. Shower door was not installed properly and leaked. I see this in every hotel. No seal hinge side, no seal on the other. That will leak everytime and mold in the tile corners. I dont know why hotels do not watch their contractors closer as like I said I see this everywhere I go.

Anyway I have no real complaints. Its a nice hotel and all the staff I encountered were nice presentable people. All in all it was one of the better stays I have had and I would return to repeat it. Gave me confidence in the name. The location is good for conventions. It is also a very short walk to the quarter. I like to stay off the quarter as you can get away from the noise yet the walk is just a few blocks. Harrahs is accross the street. Mothers is at the end of the block. Weekdays this area can get quiet despite being clustered with many hotels. Aquarium, quarter, convention center all within a few blocks.

If I have anything special to say it would be that I did not encounter a single staff member who was not courteous and well put together.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I was here on a conference and was placed on the 20th floor with a view overlooking the Mississippi river. One thing I noticed about this hotel is that they have the most amazing housekeeping. My bed was made perfectly everyday and the bathroom was always fresh. The front desk staffs were more than helpful as well. It is right across the street from the casino and a 10 minutes walk to Canal Street and 15 minutes walk to Bourbon street, which makes it a quiet hotel and will give you the best opportunity to rest after a long day in New Orleans. Too bad we had to pay USD 12.95 for a room internet connection and they charge USD 6 for bottled water.

Room Tip: Pick the highest level possible
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business