Loews New Orleans Hotel
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$112
$85
$108
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $151/night.

Hotel Monteleone(New Orleans)
$159
$136
Preferred Hotels
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $162/night.

Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$144
$127
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $152/night.

$143
$139
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$93
$91
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $113/night.

Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$124
$119
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $153/night.

$169
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $189/night.

New Orleans Marriott(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$119
Marriott Hotels
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $180/night.

Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$155
$143
Omni Hotels
2,878 results
All reviewscafe adelaideswizzle stickfrench quarterharrah's casinomississippi riverconvention centerroom servicewarehouse districtbusiness tripwithin walking distancebourbon streetbeautiful hotelwwii museumvalet parkingfew blocksmardi grasjackson square
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I've thought about this for several days....Based on my experience ths hotel caters to business travellers more than tourists. It wasn't a bad choice, but there was nothing to make me say "I'm happy I chose this hotel".

Location - really good, right across from the casino, we walked everywhere. We're not gamblers so we did not go into the casino.
Check in - efficient. The lobby is really nice. Concierge - mixed, started a 11:00 one day when we had questions; provided limited info and almost curt responses. When we asked about taking a bus one day he looked at us like we were crazy. Front desk could not (or would not) answer even a simple question.
Room - spacious king room, view of the river, furniture just OK, no rack for our suitcase which had to rest on the floor or the desk. Clean. Towels OK. Good shower. Quiet.
Breakfast in restaurant - terrible service one day and barely average on another day. Price was OK for hotel breakfast (not as high as I've seen elsewhere).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Quite a nice hotel with very good service. The only "complaint" and I use that word lightly was housekeeping was a bit shy. Like many hotels they dont like to change sheets. In this range of hotel I'd like to have my clean sheets. One day they didnt replenish toilet paper but this is really all I had to complain about so not like it was awful. Perhaps a slight oversight one day.

Check in was great. Polite doorman, polite young man behind the check in desk. Gave us a wonderful room. Lobby is very nice. Common ways very nice. Our room appeared recently renovated. Not brand spanking but with the last year I'd say. Shower door was not installed properly and leaked. I see this in every hotel. No seal hinge side, no seal on the other. That will leak everytime and mold in the tile corners. I dont know why hotels do not watch their contractors closer as like I said I see this everywhere I go.

Anyway I have no real complaints. Its a nice hotel and all the staff I encountered were nice presentable people. All in all it was one of the better stays I have had and I would return to repeat it. Gave me confidence in the name. The location is good for conventions. It is also a very short walk to the quarter. I like to stay off the quarter as you can get away from the noise yet the walk is just a few blocks. Harrahs is accross the street. Mothers is at the end of the block. Weekdays this area can get quiet despite being clustered with many hotels. Aquarium, quarter, convention center all within a few blocks.

If I have anything special to say it would be that I did not encounter a single staff member who was not courteous and well put together.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I was here on a conference and was placed on the 20th floor with a view overlooking the Mississippi river. One thing I noticed about this hotel is that they have the most amazing housekeeping. My bed was made perfectly everyday and the bathroom was always fresh. The front desk staffs were more than helpful as well. It is right across the street from the casino and a 10 minutes walk to Canal Street and 15 minutes walk to Bourbon street, which makes it a quiet hotel and will give you the best opportunity to rest after a long day in New Orleans. Too bad we had to pay USD 12.95 for a room internet connection and they charge USD 6 for bottled water.

Room Tip: Pick the highest level possible
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Loews New Orleans in December of 2006 for our wedding (see previous review). I decided to take her back for our 6th anniversary, and I couldn't be happier with my decision. The service, rooms, clenliness, and attention to detail were all first-class. We were treated to a bottle of champagne and some chocolates for being there during our anniversary and being return customers. The staff is very friendly, and nothing is too much to ask. We had a Grand King Riverview Room on the 18th floor, and the veiw was very good. We ate Sunday Brunch at Café Adelaide (on the first floor within the hotel). The service and food was also excellent. We will be back for a third visit!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jerry R, Director of Rooms at Loews New Orleans Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your sharing the special occasions of both your wedding and anniversary with us. We pride ourselves in providing a comfortable product as well as a memorable experience. We look forward to welcoming you back for your third visit to our city and property.

Loews New Orleans Management Team

Reviewed December 13, 2012

The rooms are gorgeous, and the location is very convenient to the French Quarter and the CBD. Nice toiletries and comfy towels & linens. However, the service was a letdown. From the first person we encountered at the front desk to a variety of doormen, I felt like we were inconveniencing staff members instead of being provided friendly service. The front desk staff member who checked us in wasn't very friendly and gave us incorrect information about our reservation and the wireless internet pricing. Doormen often congregated at the desk inside the lobby and didn't open the front door, which was annoying since I often had my hands full with my baby. Rooms were appointed inconsistently - I had booked the same class of room for another family member, and her room came with an umbrella (very handy in the rain we endured), plus some extra items in the restroom, and our room lacked both of those.

Loews makes a big deal about their "Loews Loves Kids" program on their web site, but it was not as promised. We were traveling with our infant, and were not offered the promised welcome amenity and many of the items mentioned as being available for loan were not carried here. No child-proof kit available either, as mentioned on the site. The program is definitely targeted more towards older children, despite the web site's description sounding appropriate for all children.

Overall, four stars for the room, but they lose a star for the disappointing service.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family