“Personal service!”
Review of Elysian Fields Inn

Elysian Fields Inn
Ranked #5 of 141 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We were so glad we stayed at Elysian Fields. After reading reviews I knew it would be helpful to get a pulse on where we could see great Jazz. The inn offered everything we needed and the house was beautiful and very well tended to. As my son said when leaving, a hotel is a place to stay, the B and B is more like a vacation! Thank you Jim and Leigh and good luck with little Louie.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 24, 2013

great time best time was at breakfast talk ti interesting people, the host had much information about new orleans and it culture i have been to this breakfas for about 4 years and have had great servic all the time

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 21, 2013

On our first, and definitely not our last, trip to New Orleans, we could not have found a better place to stay. Elysian Fields is perfectly located just a short walk from the French Quarter, but away from all the associated nighttime noise. The hosts, Leigh and Jim, went out of their way to ensure our stay was a good one. They were full of great tips for restaurants, music, and other sightseeing. The rooms were clean, quiet, and well appointed, and breakfast was superb (and different) each of our six mornings. One of the best fixtures of the inn is Zeke, Jim and Leigh's large, yellow, gentle dog. Zeke epitomizes the easy-going nature of N'awlins! We highly recommend a stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 146Lynn
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Elysian Fields is a wonderful place to stay in New Orleans. It's a short walk from Frenchman Street, where there's lots of great music and food without the seediness of Bourbon St., and about a 15-minute walk to the French Quarter. Creole cottages in varying states of repair lend a distinct charm to the Marigny neighborhood, and there are plenty of neighborhood bars and restaurants, even outside the Frenchman St. area. We liked being outside the main tourist (and party) area. Leigh and Jim are very nice and helpful, and the inn is lovely, clean and comfortable. As some other reviewers said, breakfasts were on the small side compared to what you get at some places, but I don't see that as a bad thing--we were far from hungry. The only reason I didn't rate Elysian Fields as "excellent" is that it wasn't the kind of over-the-top luxury you see at some b&bs, but truly our experience there, and the "bang for the buck" were excellent.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Highly recommended for a stay in New Orleans, I will be returning there when we go back.
B&B itself was really nice and welcoming; rooms were clean and had all of the amenities you could ask for.
B&B owners were really nice and easy to chat to. We asked about good places to eat and their recommendations were top notch.
Breakfast was really nice, a good selection of pastries, tea and coffee as well as a freshly cooked breakfast which was different each day.
Location is slightly further away from the hustle and bustle of places like Bourbon st and the rest of the French Quarter than other B&B's, but it’s really minimal and the walk (probably about 5minutes) is so pleasant. Plus it's quieter, I slept very well.
Overall, I couldn’t ask for better

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This was the first time I've ever stayed in a B&B, and I couldn't have been happier. Leigh and Jim are fantastic hosts - they make you feel like you've known them forever. They provided great advice on where to go, what to see and most importantly where to eat in NOLA. I was there for a conference and unfortunately on two mornings I had to leave before breakfast was served, but they made sure coffee and pastries were out early. The mornings I was there for breakfast I was very satisfied with the food. And the inn itself is lovely - clean and lovingly cared for. I stayed in an upstairs room towards the middle of the house. Elysian Fields Ave. is a busy street and I could hear road noise at night, but earplugs were provided and I slept better there than I ever do in hotels. The location is great and I never felt unsafe walking back there from the French Quarter (although I was never out later than about 9:00 pm). I hope to definitely return to New Orleans and Elysian Fields Inn!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was on a college tour with my Daughter and we were tired of hotels. This is a perfect place to rest and gather informaiton and sugguestions about the greater New Orleans area. The food is delicious and the innkeepers are such a wealth of information,

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family