Elysian Fields Inn
$299
$240
$229
  • Restaurant
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$318
$296
$233
$208
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$229
  • Breakfast included
$331
$249
  • Pool
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$320
$247
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$381
$354
  • Bar/Lounge
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$259
$233
  • Pool
Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$240
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfrenchman streetshort walkaveda bath productsgreat hostsfront porchfaubourg marignyfrench quartershrimp and gritsevery morningbed and breakfastgreat musicgave us great tipsplace to stayfew blocksbreakfast is servedwithin walking distancehome away from home
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Elysian Fields is a wonderful place to stay in New Orleans. It's a short walk from Frenchman Street, where there's lots of great music and food without the seediness of Bourbon St., and about a 15-minute walk to the French Quarter. Creole cottages in varying states of repair lend a distinct charm to the Marigny neighborhood, and there are plenty of neighborhood bars and restaurants, even outside the Frenchman St. area. We liked being outside the main tourist (and party) area. Leigh and Jim are very nice and helpful, and the inn is lovely, clean and comfortable. As some other reviewers said, breakfasts were on the small side compared to what you get at some places, but I don't see that as a bad thing--we were far from hungry. The only reason I didn't rate Elysian Fields as "excellent" is that it wasn't the kind of over-the-top luxury you see at some b&bs, but truly our experience there, and the "bang for the buck" were excellent.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Highly recommended for a stay in New Orleans, I will be returning there when we go back.
B&B itself was really nice and welcoming; rooms were clean and had all of the amenities you could ask for.
B&B owners were really nice and easy to chat to. We asked about good places to eat and their recommendations were top notch.
Breakfast was really nice, a good selection of pastries, tea and coffee as well as a freshly cooked breakfast which was different each day.
Location is slightly further away from the hustle and bustle of places like Bourbon st and the rest of the French Quarter than other B&B's, but it’s really minimal and the walk (probably about 5minutes) is so pleasant. Plus it's quieter, I slept very well.
Overall, I couldn’t ask for better

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This was the first time I've ever stayed in a B&B, and I couldn't have been happier. Leigh and Jim are fantastic hosts - they make you feel like you've known them forever. They provided great advice on where to go, what to see and most importantly where to eat in NOLA. I was there for a conference and unfortunately on two mornings I had to leave before breakfast was served, but they made sure coffee and pastries were out early. The mornings I was there for breakfast I was very satisfied with the food. And the inn itself is lovely - clean and lovingly cared for. I stayed in an upstairs room towards the middle of the house. Elysian Fields Ave. is a busy street and I could hear road noise at night, but earplugs were provided and I slept better there than I ever do in hotels. The location is great and I never felt unsafe walking back there from the French Quarter (although I was never out later than about 9:00 pm). I hope to definitely return to New Orleans and Elysian Fields Inn!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was on a college tour with my Daughter and we were tired of hotels. This is a perfect place to rest and gather informaiton and sugguestions about the greater New Orleans area. The food is delicious and the innkeepers are such a wealth of information,

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed at the Elysian Fields Inn in Jan. 2012 and have delayed in providing our review. However, following a week staying in B&Bs in Scotland and having been reminded what a B&B experience can and should be, we decided we would review this one along with the others we have more recently stayed in. Bottom line, we were disappointed by our stay at Elysian Fields Inn. If the most important part of a stay is the ability to sleep, this place is a no-go. Across a broad street to the front of the house, and down a little ways, is a bar that stayed open until approximately 4 AM. We did not notice any noise from the bar until in bed, when the nonstop thumping of the base started throbbing through the walls, and literally our bodies, and kept us up late both nights. The earplugs provided are an absolute requirement, and even then obviously did not stop the vibrating throb of the music. Rest was difficult to come by. Second most important at a bed and breakfast is the breakfast. The owners are nice, but cheap. We were presented with an either/or choice each morning of a hot choice of the day or the fruit and yogurt cold choice. Circuits began to fry the second morning when one of us asked if it was possible to get a piece of fruit with the pancake offering. After grumbling from the hostess, a slice of melon was grudgingly provided. On the plus side, the house had a nice sitting area, comfortable chairs, and an enormous friendly dog. It was on the edge of a somewhat sketchy area, but an easy, comfortable walk to places of more interest. We would not recommend this location if returning to New Orleans or to friends.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MedDoc86
innkeeperNewOrleans, Owner at Elysian Fields Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

I want to apologize to these guests for the lack of sleep quality...at the time they were here they are absolutely right there was a problem with the bar across the Avenue from us. This bar has been on that corner for many many years and had just replaced the sound system. They had placed very large speakers on the wooden floor of a wooden building and the whole building was acting like a huge amplifier. It could be heard and felt for blocks. It took the neighborhood a couple of weeks to convince the bar owner it was a problem but it is now solved and no longer an issue.

We do have three choices at breakfast each morning and I am more then happy to provide fruit with the hot choice. We have baked goods from our neighborhood bakery on the sideboard, a hot choice which changes daily and a yogurt, fresh fruit and granola parfait. We are an urban Inn in one of the most “foodie” cities in the country not a destination Inn in the country where the meals are a very important part of your stay. It is not my desire to compete with the world class chefs of New Orleans but is my desire to provide my guests with a good wholesome and tasty breakfast to fuel their exploration of our wonderful city New Orleans.

These guests must have been very unhappy with their experience to have such a vivid recollection of it 15 months later. And, I am very apologetic but obviously from our other reviews most of our guests have felt quite differently.