“Good pastry, good coffee, disappointing service.”
Review of Antoine's Annex

Antoine's Annex
Ranked #27 of 86 Coffee & Tea in New Orleans
Cuisines: French
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Looking for a late lunch snack, I eagerly visited Antione's Annex excited to finally check it out. I asked what they might recommend and was told the eclair was good by the girl behind the counter. I told them i had read online that they made a fantastic strawberry Nutella sandwich and was told they didn't have it. The unhappy looking man behind the counter said something about the almond croissant being popular, so I went with that since it was the last one. He asked me if I wanted it warmed and I said no, then I asked the girl if it. Is better warm, she said she never warmed hers. Perhaps I should have had it warmed... It was crispy and a bit dry but tasted very good. It had what seemed like almond paste in the center, sliced almonds on top as well as powdered sugar. I ordered a large cafe Au lait which was nice. We were disappointed to find that they don't open until 8am as nearly all establishments in NOLA do. So plan for breakfast after 8.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

That’s the slogan of Antoine’s, truly a magnificent restaurant at 713 St. Louis Street has opened Antoine’s Annex at 513 Royal Street. At the Annex, I had a 16-ounce caffeine fix and a ginormous cinnamon roll for $3.02, each, including Louisiana’s exorbitant 9% sales tax. Talk about ginormous!

More than fresh pastries and coffee, the Annex offers a friendly service staff that provided information about Vieux Carré, some of the sites to avoid and the must-see ones. I had a lovely respite that hot afternoon, one that almost made up for the bad experience at Café Beignet the day before.

2  Thank DeanMurphy2020
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for coffee and pastry. Some of us had a lovely sald with strawberries and walnuts and I had a bear law pastry. Everything was fresh and delicious. Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I had a few days alone to explore the city and I stumbled upon this place on 513 Rue Royal. I had a decaf iced coffee and the most amazing sandwich ever!! Nutella and fresh strawberries on toasty french bread pannini!! OMG! I am going to have dreams about this!! Oh and of course they had to put powdered sugar on it too!! AMAZING! Really great place if you are traveling alone or with someone to stop and have a sandwich or a fresh croissant! Nice and quiet too! They also have a courtyard!!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

The small garden area just out the left side is especially nice
for coffee and reading the morning paper if there's sunshine!
I found the espresso to be excellent, and there's a good
selection of pastry. Still the cafe is very small, and the staff
may just be overwhelmed by the flow of tourists. I waited
almost 25 minutes for my order. But overall it's a pleasant
spot to stop for coffee near the top of the French Quarter.