“On a 4 day visit to NOLA, this place tied for 1st.”
Review of Cochon

Cochon
Reserve with OpenTable
Cochon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 1,955 Restaurants in New Orleans
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Arts District / Warehouse District
Meredith, NH
“On a 4 day visit to NOLA, this place tied for 1st.”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was unsure if we would make it here having only 4 days in town. We decided to go on our last night. It was a great decision. We hardly ever make reservations, but decided to even though it was a Wednesday. Thank god we did. 8:00 reservation and the place was packed. Small bar, so don't think that you'll just belly up right away. The only minor complaint was waiting for the bartender to get a free moment to serve us. We were seated on time and couldn't have been more impressed with the attentive servers. Menu was great. Mouth waters trying to decide what should be the best choice. While all the restaurants we visited were great,nth is one stands out and was a tie for my best meal of the trip. If its not your first choice, it needs to be your second or third.

• Korean first
San Francisco, California
“Yum! Yum!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My wife and I ate dinner at Cochon's on a Monday evening. The eclectic southern food was excellent.

My wife had a mushroom and ham hash appetizer, and I had the cream spinach and potato soup. Both were great. For entrees, I had the rabbit and dumplings, which was hot and tasty. My wife had the oyster and bacon sandwich, a large sandwich which my wife says was "just heaven." In addition, we split a side of baked macaroni and cheese, also scrumptious. And I must mention the bread -- it was clearly made from scratch, and right out of the oven. Mmmmmm.

The bill for the two of us -- including a 16% tip, tax, and two beers -- was $85 (we did not order dessert because we were just stuffed). The oyster sandwich my wife had, at $15, was a particularly good value.

One thing you should be aware of regarding reservations. We made our reservation through Open Table for 5:30 PM. I would have liked to eat a bit later, but the Open Table website did not show any available reservations between 5:30 and 9:00. When we left Cochon after our meal (sometime between 6:45 and 7:00 PM), however, there were quite a few empty tables. So I am thinking that Cochon likely does not take reservations (at least through Open Table) during prime dinner hours. You might want to call them and talk to them directly if you are looking to eat between, say, 6 and 8:30. Also, there are two (presumably related) restaurants immediately adjacent to each other, the "Cochon" and the "Cochon Butcher." If you make a reservation through Open Table, you are making it at the "Cochon," NOT the "Cochon Butcher." The latter, a kind of deli, does not accept reservations.

• Visited November 2012
O'Fallon, Missouri
“Highly recommend!!”
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Great food and service! The oyster sandwich is delicious, perhaps a buy salty. For apps, the gator was great and the grilled oysters on half shell were spectacular.

Charleston, South Carolina
“Mmmmmm”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Awesome food, Everything on the menu is amazing. The Cochon au lait is a must. Do not forget the dessert when you go. The boucherie plate is a good bargain and delicious.

Visited November 2012
Charleston SC
“Very, very good”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

On a eating trip thru NOLA and this was one of the best dinners. Great atmosphere...industrial, hip, casual Make a reservation. Booked solid. We went and waited at bar for about an hour and got a table outside which was great (sure you look at a service station but it is in the warehouse district after all). Staff was great. Think we ordered the entire app menu. All very good. Pickled watermelon, hog howls, livers on toast, oyster meat pie. Entrees were good. I had the rabbit and dumplings which was probably the weakest of all I tried. Thinking they get about 40-45 of these entrees out of each rabbit. Rest of group happy. Their sweat potato jalapeno hot sauce and red sauce both very good. Definitely worth the stop. Warehouse district is great.

• Visited November 2012