“An expensive and delicious dinner”
Review of Cochon

Cochon
Ranked #87 of 2,049 Restaurants in New Orleans
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Arts District / Warehouse District
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our dinner was expensive-- but worth it. Try to get a table near the back to watch the kitchen. Definitely a fun place. Small, but respectable wine list, great service!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,113)

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Over our 4 day trip we hit a bunch of big tourist restaurants including NOLA, and this was very different than the rest. We made reservations well in advance, which is necessary here. It seems to be the local hotspot. A really fun, casual environment with fantastic service. Great 80's music was playing while we were there. While the menu revolves around pork, the vegetarian in our group found plenty of choices. We sampled most of the small plates and the oysters and cobia were great (although not much cobia to share). Other highlights included pork cheeks and the fisherman's style fish. The desserts were very good. Overall, this was a very nice change of pace from the traditional foods, awesome service, and the food highlight of our trip.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Menu was good but not terrific. Help was pleasant enough but it just may be the wood picnic look inside that makes it hard to imagine a fine dining experience. Of all things, our table thought the short ribs as the best meal out of four and I being a Cochon big fan thought their presentation and taste was just not a treat. Sorry, but that's how I would call this. Many other choices in town and their deli/butcherie around back is still one of my best fines in NOLA ever. Just not a dinner spot.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I need to preface this by saying I'm a vegetarian and, yes, I went to a restaurant named "pig." I was with a group and they all loved the regular menu dishes. The restaurant was willing to make a few changes to regular menu items for me (yum, mushroom salad) and the chef made me a vegetarian entree that was the best thing I have eaten in recent memory. Perfect combination of flavors, textures and temperatures. Perfect.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

The recommendation from WRGmagazine was bang on here!

The gator was top notch, just the right degree of hot!

Short ribs fall off the bone and great flavor and taste.

Good variety of ine at reasonable prices.

1  Thank LAW21-54