“Brilliant!”

New Orleans Tour Company
Ranked #92 of 236 Tours in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: New Orleans Tour Company offers only the top-rated local tours. Choose from airboat or covered boat swamp tours, small-coach city tours, plantation tours, walking tours and money-saving combination tours. No hidden fees and no cancellation fees. Simply superior support and the top tours. Guaranteed.
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We had a 90min horse and carriage tour with Adam and 'Cash'. Adam was very entertaining, with so much to say about the city, he knew all the stories and made them fun and interesting for all ages. His horse Cash had a personality al if his own too. I would definitely recommend a tour with him, well worth the money!

All reviews
"great overview"
"lake pontchartrain"
"well worth the money"

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I learned a LOT which I appreciate. I love learning about the history of a place & I certainly was educated on the history of the area & the cemetary. Plus the tour guide was funny! She was very intriguing. I'd recommend the tour to anyone

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Very good,with one exception, the tour guide was focused on post-Katrina and we would have liked some of the history pre-Katrina. Other than that, it was a good experience and worth the price.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Booked this plantation tour with hotel pick up and received a $5 discount when booking online. The driver was at the hotel before the pick up time and the company called me to come down. It took about an hour to drive to the plantation and we dropped off some other people at another plantation. The company has a well orchestrated schedule of transferring passengers to the appropriate bus for their next tour (they do combo tours). The driver, Brett, was knowledgeable and funny. He gave us interesting facts along the way and even pointed out a bald eagle. Once we got to the plantation, he gave us tickets and told us what time he would pick us up. The actual tour was about an hour and you had about an hour and 20 minutes to explore the grounds on your own. The plantation tour was given by a young girl in period costume. She was knowledgeable and nice. The inside was interesting with some original pieces. You could take flash photos. On the grounds were reconstructed slave quarters and other sights. Some of the oak trees are 300 years old. Very scenic. There was also a restaurant, cafe, and gift shop. Nice tour if you want to get a feel for what plantation life was like.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 3, 2014

To be honest, I was really looking forward to the City Tour after an amazing experience out in the swamps, but it clearly did not live up to my expectations, especially based on the good ratings the company, tour and guides had recieved. With two other people on the bus, the guide took us through The city of New Orleans, talking about anything BUT the city's interesting history. This was the first red flag. Then, after just speed-racing through the French Quarter, the guide seemed to spend 3 hours talking about what, in a first-time-tourist in New Orleans' point of view, was useless information, stuff that I forgot before it even reached my ears. I really feel like I payed a lot of money to be held captive on a bus for 3 hours straight without learning much. Heck, I was reading up on the city's history on my phone while the guide was talking about.. whatever he was talking about. Maybe I was just unlucky with the guide, I don't know, but experrience was so not worth my time.

4  Thank Marthe96
swjacobson, Manager at New Orleans Tour Company, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to respond and share your impressions of the city tour you booked through us. We strive to insure that our guests have a enjoyable experience and, any time they don't, we want to know so we can do our best to make things right.

First, please feel free to call me direct 504-459-9020 (toll-free 888-204-1698) so we can credit you back for your city tour. You mention you had an amazing time out in the swamps; was this a City & Swamp or City & Airboat combo tour? While your city tour portion was disappointing, I'm happy to hear you had such an enjoyable time on your swamp tour.

Second, if you're able, I'd like to gather a little more information from you on what kinds of "useless information" was presented to you on tour. We pride ourselves on using locally-owned and operated Vendors, where the guides have more leeway on injecting some of their personality and stories into the tour, as opposed to following a company script. I can promise that the issues you experienced and share with us will be brought to our Vendors attention so the tours we offer are ones we can proudly stand behind. Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Stephen Jacobson