“Best Tours in New Orleans”

New Orleans Tour Company
Ranked #85 of 216 Tours in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: New Orleans Tour Company offers only the top-rated local tours. Choose from airboat or covered boat swamp tours, small-coach city tours, plantation tours, walking tours and money-saving combination tours. No hidden fees and no cancellation fees. Simply superior support and the top tours. Guaranteed.
Saint Louis, Missouri
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Best Tours in New Orleans”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

We took a city tour of New Orleans arranged by NOLA Tour Center. The tour was the best one we have taken and arranged by Stephen. He set us up with a tour guide who was most experienced and has lived in New Orleans for several years. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and took us to see the all the sites in New Orleans we had heard about and went out of the way to drop us off where we had parked our car. Stephen also arranged a place for us to stay in the French Quarter at a very reasonable price and it included indoor parking in the French Quarter, which is very hard to find. We will always use NOLA tour center when we visit New Orleans, Stephen provides the best service with the best prices.

Visited June 2011
2 Thank donloeffler

Bowie, Maryland
144 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 281 helpful votes
“NOLA Tour Center HOOKED ME UP!!!”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I can’t say enough about NOLA Tour Center. I had decided to take boyfriend to NOL as a surprise for his birthday and wanted to do something special for him on his special day while we were there. On his birthday I had scheduled a plantation tour, first I must add that I had looked around and NOLA Tour Center offered the best price and offered hotel pick-up and drop-off and you didn’t have to book more than you wanted, you could opt to just go to one plantation which is what I wanted, I chose the Laura Plantation (reviewed under plantation name).

I contacted NOLA Tour Center and asked them if there was something they could do as a special birthday surprise. I received a quick response from Stephen Jacobson and he suggested that when the bus came, he would be met with birthday Beignets and coffee from Café Du Monde. I was happy with that and told him I would pay the person directly for the goodies from Café Du Monde and all was set. I later received an email stating that the person who runs the bus service they use was not going to be available until Mon. morning and could he let me know then, I stated that by Mon. boyfriend was going to be with me and I didn’t want to receive any phone calls and if he would please text me with any issues. Stephen was as good as gold, on Monday I received several texts and NO phone calls. It seems the bus company didn’t want all that powder sugar messing up their bus so we opted for bagels and coffee and Stephen said he would take care of everything.

The day of the tour, Stephen showed up with not only coffee and bagels and all the necessary sugar, sweetener, utensils….but with a birthday cake with candles! He lit the candles and we sang “Happy Birthday” right there on the sidewalk…It was perfect, perfect, perfect. And when I went to pay him, he replied, “On the House”!! It couldn’t have been more perfect and boyfriend was impressed and very pleased although a little embarrassed about all the hoopla.

PLEASE NOTE, and it’s sad I have to do this, but I don’t know and didn’t know Stephen before I contacted his company, I had never dealt with his company before nor did I know that the person who showed up was Stephen or that he was the owner. I am stating all of this because it has been suggested in other posts that my little blog on the travel forum that I posted on this company because there was no other place to post until now; was somehow curious and possibly a plant.

It was just as much a surprise to me that NOLA Tour Center would go so out of their way for one of their customers. This was really my expereince and I just wanted to let everyone know what a great company they were. If we ever return, I will always use this company.

Don’t hesitate to book with NOLA Tour Center. Our tour was on special for $50 I see they are now $55. Here is the link: http://www.nolatourcenter.com/

Visited March 2012
3 Thank boo2U
Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Glad I booked this tour!”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

The 3 hour City Tour was a great overview of the City for my parents, my 19 year old daughter and niece. We could have chosen many different types of tours (walking, biking, carriage rides) but for my mom, who has back problems, I am sure glad I went this route. We were in a 14 passenger van with air conditioning, nice cusioned seats, with big windows that we were all able to see out of. Since we were inside the van, we were able to hear our tour guide very well withouth the distraction of vehicles and other people. It was great to get this overview prior to our going off on our own by foot the following day. The price was very comparible, if not a better value than some of the other tours I looked into.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank Linda T
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“City tour well worth it”
Reviewed March 27, 2012 via mobile

We took the city tour with them and they pick you up! (Awesome!) Was guided bus tour to French Quarter, 9th Ward, Cemetary, Park and Garden District. Our tour guide was amazing! She knew the neatest facts about the city and was a lot of fun to listen too. It was a 3hr tour and even in the rain we had a great time. I could have rode around all day listening to the facts about the city. I would recommend to anyone who likes to learn a little more about the city your in. Especially one with as much history as New Orleans! The best part is she was more than willing to recommend places to go after tour was over and was willing to drop everyone off exactly where they wanted to go!

1 Thank Katy R
NOLA_Tour_Center, Owner at New Orleans Tour Company, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the City Tour. It's always great to hear back from our guests not only about the tour itself, but what they loved about New Orleans too. We hope you can come back to NOLA soon!