“What Dog?...Dat Dog!”

Cuisines: Fast Food, Gastropub, Fusion
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Description: Gourmet hot dogs from around the world with personalized toppings, fries to die for. We pride ourselves on our warm welcome and family friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Dat Dog! is an awesome place for gourmet hot dogs. Since the Magazine Street location is within walking distance from my home, we frequent them often. They have outdoor seating and even our four legged dog is welcome. Hard to say which one is the best as I am still exploring. For the not so bold, they have traditional beef/pork dogs but those of you who are more adventurous can go for the alligator, crawfish, turduken or duck dog. The dogs are great but once your taste buds get a load of the bread they use, you'll be hooked forever. With a full service bar and sports, it's hard to leave.

1  Thank JDS23

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Loved this place. Funky, eclectic atmosphere and delicious hot dogs. My husband is a vegetarian and he loved the vegetarian dog. The buns are amazing.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

What a fantastic restaurant. I was a tiny bit concerned when I heard we were going to a hot dog restaurant but this is an exception. You pick your sausage (spicy, polish, etc) and toppings (cheese, bacon, peppers, etc) from a long list. The atmosphere is hip and fun. Definitely known by the locals, do not miss Dat Dog!

1  Thank npcx4
Reviewed August 26, 2013

You can have any kind of dog you want!!! I had a turducken dog, with andouille sauce, creole mustard and onions; amazing!!! Best "dog" I've ever had! The chili cheese fries are also exceptional; you have to get an order for your table. We could have ordered 2 for the 4 of us! The atmosphere is great, very high energy. I enjoyed one of their homemade Ginger Ales; beware, they put a slice of ginger around a cherry on a pick in your drink. I bit into the ginger, thinking it was fruit of some kind; wow, was I surprised with heat!!! All the dogs are great, you can't go wrong with anything. And the buns are fabulous!!! Soft and yummy. If you aren't sure what to put on your dog, ask their advice. Will definitely be back next time I'm in town!!!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

i was bummed after dropping my fried oyster po-boy in my lap not minutes before at another place. However, there is a reason for everything...... and a crawfish etouffee dog was in my future. Wow, was I glad!!! Awesome!