“Great, fun restaurant!”

Dat Dog
Ranked #86 of 1,946 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Fusion, Gastropub
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Description: Gourmet hot dogs from around the world with personalized toppings, fries to die for. We pride ourselves on our warm welcome and family friendly atmosphere.
San Francisco
“Great, fun restaurant!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

What a fantastic restaurant. I was a tiny bit concerned when I heard we were going to a hot dog restaurant but this is an exception. You pick your sausage (spicy, polish, etc) and toppings (cheese, bacon, peppers, etc) from a long list. The atmosphere is hip and fun. Definitely known by the locals, do not miss Dat Dog!

1 Thank npcx4

Crystal Lake, Illinois
“Amazing dogs!!!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

You can have any kind of dog you want!!! I had a turducken dog, with andouille sauce, creole mustard and onions; amazing!!! Best "dog" I've ever had! The chili cheese fries are also exceptional; you have to get an order for your table. We could have ordered 2 for the 4 of us! The atmosphere is great, very high energy. I enjoyed one of their homemade Ginger Ales; beware, they put a slice of ginger around a cherry on a pick in your drink. I bit into the ginger, thinking it was fruit of some kind; wow, was I surprised with heat!!! All the dogs are great, you can't go wrong with anything. And the buns are fabulous!!! Soft and yummy. If you aren't sure what to put on your dog, ask their advice. Will definitely be back next time I'm in town!!!

Seattle
“crawfish etouffee dog!!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

i was bummed after dropping my fried oyster po-boy in my lap not minutes before at another place. However, there is a reason for everything...... and a crawfish etouffee dog was in my future. Wow, was I glad!!! Awesome!

Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
“Best Dog In Town!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

A bit off the beaten path, Dat Dog offers the best hot dogs anywhere! If you are Uptown for any reason, or if you are a hot dog afficionado, be sure to stop in to this super casual, fun restaurant. There is a huge selection of unusual hot dogs along with an impressive list of topping options. I had the Duck Dog Special: A duck hot dog with a blackberry chutney, bbq sauce, bacon bits and mustard on a toasted sour dough bun. It was delicious!! Keep in mind it is cash only. They also offer homemade sodas and a large variety of beers.

1 Thank NYCFamily_of_five
“Better than the average Dog.”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

With names like bacon werewolf dog and duck dog; you may expect it to be more show than taste. It was not. The dogs are exceedingly good with a wealth of toppings to choose from. You can go with the special dog with predetermined toppings (bacon werewolf), choose your own ( my veggie dog, I had guacamole & cheese) or go with the chefs choice ( hubby had a duck dog this way and it came with a blueberry Gravy that was fabulous), you can truly make any conbonation for your dog or fries; our son also ordered the fries with guacamole sauerkraut onions and cheese - well he ate every bite of a generous portion. The staff was friendly and courteous, although they were very busy on a Saturday so service was a bit slow. It had a casual picnic-y atmosphere which we liked.

1 Thank Virginia20171